Seasonal Candle Mat Swap - Hostess: klaynegrimm

rated by 0 users
This post has 238 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,840

Very good response Kerry. It really doesn't matter to me, I'll probably just do one design although the fabrics may vary. Guess I was thinking that if there are some who would love some Christmas theme I'd make a few of those.

But, I'll go along to get along. Hope I didn't complicate matters by throwing out the question. Hubby says I have a tendency to rock an otherwise stable boat! LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

My vote is if we chose to do different as long as it's the season we chose, that would be ok, so if we chose all the same that's ok, or different would be ok too. 

IMO.  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Candis :

My vote is if we chose to do different as long as it's the season we chose, that would be ok, so if we chose all the same that's ok, or different would be ok too. 

IMO.  

Wow! Just read my response!  Confusing!!  Judy I'm in that boat with you!!  

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,843
Points 32,075
Roxana replied on Sat, May 3 2014 12:18 PM

It's fine with me for us to do different mats as long as we are in the season we signed up for.

Candis, I wish I had signed up for winter! Do you want to swap seasons? Let me know.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Roxana:

It's fine with me for us to do different mats as long as we are in the season we signed up for.

Candis, I wish I had signed up for winter! Do you want to swap seasons? Let me know.

Yep! I'll swap. Don't know why I picked Winter!  You got it girl! Let's switch!!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

All of mine are the same (same pattern and fabric) and I chose mine based on what I had on hand.   I have no problem with whatever you do, I may change 6 of mine just for some variety.  So six more it is! :D  The six I have made could easily be turned into a table runner for my mother in law.

Happy sewing!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Sat, May 3 2014 1:09 PM

I hope it would be okay for me to do all the same design, especially since I have figured the fabric and started cutting them out.  Sorry if this disappoints anyone.   Let me know as I've not cut all of them.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Mimi- I assumed they were all to be the same, that is why I planned and cut mine the way I did.   That way we all got the same exact thing in the end.  I guess I jump the gun and get started too quickly because usually after I get started, the game plan changes.  I am not wanting to rock the boat and upset anyone and I'll go with the flow. Like I said, I will cut six more so there is variety, as I feel mine will be to boring now!   From now on I'll wait a week or so after a swap closes before I start buying fabric or cutting.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Mimi:

I hope it would be okay for me to do all the same design, especially since I have figured the fabric and started cutting them out.  Sorry if this disappoints anyone.   Let me know as I've not cut all of them.  

It wasn't meant to confuse anybody, it just gives us I pitons, you can do different if you want or you can do all the same! This doesn't or won't disappoint anyone! It just gives you choices.  So you get to do what you want to. I hope that helps, no disappointment, none, each person only gets one of your designs anyway, so it's up to you. By all means you have the fabric and the pattern you want sew away, some people use scraps, so their design may be different, it's all good , that's how I understand it!   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Oh and by the way, I intend on doing one pattern, nothing boring, no game plan has changed it just gave an option, , you do not have to chose that option.  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,843
Points 32,075
Roxana replied on Sat, May 3 2014 1:56 PM

Also, the only one that it will confuse is Kerry when she sorts! LOL! The rest of us will only get one mat from each participant. Mimi and Erin, you are fine. I plan to use whatever fabric I have on hand so mine may look different but then again, only Kerry will know it.

Kerry, did you get the fact that i am now a WINTER and Candis is a FALL! Candis, I had FALL. Do you still want to switch?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Roxana:

Also, the only one that it will confuse is Kerry when she sorts! LOL! The rest of us will only get one mat from each participant. Mimi and Erin, you are fine. I plan to use whatever fabric I have on hand so mine may look different but then again, only Kerry will know it.

Kerry, did you get the fact that i am now a WINTER and Candis is a FALL! Candis, I had FALL. Do you still want to switch?

Yes mam , I saw you were fall!  Love it! It's a done deal! 

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

If I sounded snotty, I didn't mean to.   My plan is to get these done and in the mail ASAP so I can't change my mind on design! :D

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Ok Hi everyone here we go.  

You can do all your mats the same if you want every person gets only one ofyours so it doesn't matter. This swap is for seasonal so just stay in your season.  Don't think you have to change what you have already done. I wanted feed back to make sure  how everyone felt.  I have a pattern but some of mine  could vary in color. Please just have fun making 12 mats either all the same or different the choice is yours.

Kerry G

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Sorry forgot to mention Candis and Roxana you're switched.

Kerry G

Page 5 of 16 (239 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use