Seasonal Candle Mat Swap - Hostess: klaynegrimm

rated by 0 users
This post has 197 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 40,415
Mimi replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 7:23 PM

It was a difficult day at school.  I needed something to brighten a bleak work day.  So I cheered myself up with some pretty spring fabric.  Oh they are gonna be just lovely candle mats.  I wish I could share (wink, wink) but I know you all want to be surprised.  : )

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,474
Points 116,870

Figured out a pattern for the candle mats. I've ordered fabric and can't wait to get started. By the time the fabric arrives, I'll be done with the current top I'm working on.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 213
Points 3,430

You're ahead of me I still am trying to decide between 2 patterns. Hopefully by the time I am done with my current projects this week I will have decided.  Fortunately have material for either one. Glad to hear everyone is doing well and on track. Hope you all are not having the severe storms. Stay safe blessed well and sewing.  

Kerry G

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,310
Points 18,380
Erin replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 11:40 PM

I got blocks (mini tops?) done and have my backing cut out. Tomorrow morning I will head to quilt shop (darn! lol) and pick up some batting and thread. I'm really liking these and getting excited to see what everyone comes up with.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 213
Points 3,430

WOW Erin you go to the head of the class. Can't wait to see what you made. 

Kerry G

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,310
Points 18,380
Erin replied on Thu, May 1 2014 11:51 AM

I was stuck home, waiting on deliveries that had to be signed for and Dish Network (that never showed up) so I was able to crank these babies out!  I want to get them done and mailed out ASAP because July is so far away I am afraid they will get lost in my den of creativity..LOL   I am running late today but kind of glad that I am because I just found the thread about chalk board fabric so I can add it to my list when I get to town today!

Have a great day.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 213
Points 3,430

Hi Erin

I found my chalk board fabric on line not sure where I haven't found the packing slip that came with it. If you can't find it today try Keepsake quilting or JoAnn I don't think I have ordered anything from anyone else recently. I'll keep looking I know  it was on sale when I bought it.

KerryG

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 213
Points 3,430

Erin it is keepsake quilting 8.96 a yard under novelty fabrics. If you decide to order don't forget to check your premium member perks I think it is free shipping for keepsake.

Enjoy your day

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,310
Points 18,380
Erin replied on Thu, May 1 2014 12:38 PM

Found it at Joann for $3.99 a yard on sale. It's not available online but the store that 25 miles away has 17 yards of it so I'm headed out now to check it out.  I need to buy batting anyways so it's all good.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 150
Points 2,680

I picked out my pattern, heading out to my LQS today for lots of fun and lots of spending.

I hope to get started cutting them out on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Macungie, PA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,740
Points 30,210
Roxana replied on Sat, May 3 2014 7:32 AM

I'm still playing with patterns.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,815

I'm still thinking of patterns too! Just trying to think of something different different for winter!  My daughter said, Mom why did you pick winter? It's all dead, or white!  I said, Not in Hawaii, !!  Told her I would do hula girls!  I won't though!  Lol. Just want to be creative, think! Think! Think!   Have a great weekend !! I love hearing where everyone else is in the process!  

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 955

I am down to two patterns.  Just haven't decided which one yet......

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,474
Points 116,870

Tami Taylor:

I am down to two patterns.  Just haven't decided which one yet......

This brings up a question.  Is it preferred that we do all blocks the same? Or can they be different as long as in the same season? It really doesn't matter to me, but thought I'd ask.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 213
Points 3,430

Judy you have brought up a good question and Will answer like this until I get some feed back from Roxana.  How do the rest of you feel about being able to make different patterns only if you want  as long as it is in the same season.  

Let me know how you feel about this.  Remember it would only if you want.  Erin I know you have a lot done so please let me know if you feel a llitle cheated on your creativity.  I personally know that although I like 2 different patterns if I tried to do two different because they are so different that I would be in trouble time wise.  

As far as sorting out to fill your return envelopes I would just stack them up and deal out so that really isn't a problem either I can make sure requests are honored and still do that. 

Again even if we do this you are all going to get pretty much the same mat from me.  LOL  Might be a slight color variation. 

Judy I will get back to you OK I want to hear from some more of the group including Roxana. I really don't want anyone to feel bad or disappointed because they didn't get a chance to do different.

Kerry G

• Post Points: 65
Page 4 of 14 (198 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use