Seasonal Candle Mat Swap - Hostess: klaynegrimm

rated by 0 users
This post has 238 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Hi Judi glad to hear from you I put you down for Summer and yes I will be glad to not send Christmas only winter themes to you if you promise to remind me later.  LOL. I have a questions about what you would consider Christmas. I am thinking horses and sleighs and snow something like a currier and ives print is winter where as sleighs with reindeer is Christmas. What about bells and gingerbread men? I am trying to anticipate questions. LOL

Can't wait to see your stuff.

Kerry G

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Hi Ladies

Just a quick reminder that while this is a seasonal theme swap you have the choice of whether or not to do Holidays in the season i.e. winter Christmas summer fourth of  July etc. It is totally up to you.  Have fun I really am having a hard time trying to decide on which I want to do. LOL 

Have fun everyone  

Kerry G

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 4:51 PM

Marie:

... if you have any sites to suggest for patterns?  I've never made a candle mat.

Here is the only free candle mat pattern I found.

http://www.lovetosew.com/countyheartcandlemat.htm

If you are on Pinterest, just type "candle mat" in the search and you'll get to see lots of examples.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Hi Marie

All people quilt.com  and all people sew.com would also be a good site or just type in candle mat in google. 

Kerry G

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500

Marie:

Judy T-Bellingham:
I have the Winter theme

Judy, I have the winter theme as well and was wondering if you have any sites to suggest for patterns?  I've never made a candle mat.

Marie, Connecting threads has some free patterns.  https://www.connectingthreads.com/patterns/free_quilting_patterns__L601021.html

I've been Googling candle mat patterns and there are lots of patterns for sale. I'm still cruising around trying to get ideas.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Winter= Snowmen, Snowflakes, Winter birds, mittens, snow sleds (the old fashioned kind with the blades) Ice Skating, Polar bears, peppermints, cocoa, snow capped trees.  I am sure there are a lot of other ideas, these just popped in my head.  Can you tell I live in a cold region with snow? :)   I'm having fun going through my fall fabrics and trying to decide what mine will be!

klaynegrimm:

Hi Judi glad to hear from you I put you down for Summer and yes I will be glad to not send Christmas only winter themes to you if you promise to remind me later.  LOL. I have a questions about what you would consider Christmas. I am thinking horses and sleighs and snow something like a currier and ives print is winter where as sleighs with reindeer is Christmas. What about bells and gingerbread men? I am trying to anticipate questions. LOL

Can't wait to see your stuff.

Kerry G

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 8:17 PM

Hi Kerry!

I also would like to sign up for this swap.  My first choice would be spring and my second would be summer.  I'll PM you tonight with my information.  Thanks for running this swap.  It should be a lot of fun.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Hi Mimi I received your info and have signed you up for Spring. Welcome and have fun and you are welcome.

Kerry G

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Beverly Welcome I had summer left but I signed up for spring so if you would prefer it I am willing to switch with you. My computer s running slow so please resend me your info. Thanks

Kerry G

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 345

Kerry

Summer will be just fine. I had noticed there were places left only for Summer or Spring that's why I said either one.

Beverly

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Thanks Beverly I got your info and had signed you for Summer like I said so welcome again and have fun creating.

Kerry G

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Hi Ladies it is official we are 12 and the swap is now closed to sign ups unless I get one today that really wants in I will give up my slot and be a standby in case of a problem.  So rev up your cutters and scissors oil the machines and lets have some fun.  Be watching for a PM from me sometime today for my info for you will be on and off line today. Have to get my space ready for cutting. I think I have at least part of my pattern. Lol  Remember your mat does not have to be just a Holiday theme it can just be seasonal. Personally for mine I think just a spring theme gives me more of a variety and I don't have to by bunny fabric which I don't have. LOL 

Have great fun.  

Kerry G

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

I'm testing patterns; have two blocks made, but still not sure!  I have so many pretty fall fabrics I'm stuck choosing.  Once I get the color/fabric combo I like I'll be fine. 

Back to the  cutting table! :D

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 5:09 PM

klaynegrimm:
Have great fun.

Well I had lots of fun playing with fabrics this afternoon after work at my LQS and I've picked out a really nice spring time set of fabrics.  Can't wait to get started.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500

Gosh, Mimi, you're just flying along. I'm just finishing the last two 14" blocks on a quilt top. Then I can clean up the mess and start with a clean surface for the candle mats. Excited to get started.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 3 of 16 (239 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use