Patriotic FQ Swap - Hostess: Tami Taylor

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,782
Points 30,900
Roxana Posted: Sun, Apr 27 2014 7:31 AM

This is for the Patriotic FQ swap hosted by Tami Taylor. Do not sign up until she has posted her guidelines. Thank you.

• Post Points: 95
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,155

Group size: 16

Quilt Shop Quality Patriotic Themed Fabric

This will be for 1 fat quarter for each participant. With a group of 16, it would require 4 yards of fabric to cut 16 fat quarters. (I usually get a bit over to allow for wonky/off grain cuts) Remember, dimensions of a fat quarter are 18" by half the WOF. Be mindful to cut the fabric on the grain.  This is the address for cutting fabric, in case you need it.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/pages/guidelines-for-cutting-fabric.aspx

Type of Fabric: No Solids Please.  Any patriotic themed print is acceptable. For example: red/white stripe, white w/blue or red stars or both, 4th of July fireworks prints, blue on blue stars, red on red stars, white on white stars, red/white/blue combo prints etc...there are a lot available out there.

I would prefer to have everyone use one print for all of their fat quarters, but if you have a huge stash of patriotic prints and want to use more than one, that is fine.

If all the slots are not filled by the close date, anyone that would like two slots will be able to fill in the empty slots.  Please note if you would like two when you sign up, and I will keep a list to use, first come....first serve.

Put your all fabric in a clear plastic, or zip lock bag. Put a piece of paper or 3x5 card inside with my name and address on one side, and your name and address on the other. Place it inside the bag with MY address showing. This will help ensure delivery should the package be damaged during shipping. I will put the same paper or card in your return package with your information facing outwards. Please send a stamped pre-paid and self addressed envelope for your return fabric, or a $5.60 priority mail stamp and I will use a free envelope provided from the post office. Send me a PM letting me know when you ship your package, and the tracking number. When I send the return package out, I will send you each a PM with the tracking number of your return swap items.

Close date will be Monday, May 12th.

I should receive all fabric no later than June 2nd.

Send me a friend invitation, along with your information: Name, physical address, screen name, phone number and e-mail address to join the group.

I will update the list daily so check in often to make sure I have your name on the list.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have fun finding your perfect patriotic fabric!

Participants:

1. Roxana           Fat Quarters Received 

2. Tami T.        Fat Quarters Received

3. Phoebe D      sent message / no reply

4. Darlene H.     Fat Quarters Received

5. Kerry G.        Fat Quarters Received

6. Phyllis L.      Fat Quarters Received

7. Carmel C.     Fat Quarters Received

8. Debbie R.     Fat Quarters Received

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 10:09 PM

Tami - let me check my stash, I know I have some patriotic fabric left from what I bought for the patriotic block swap, do I have enough is the question.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,155

No problem Debbie. Thanks.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,155

I would like to apologize for not getting the list updated as quickly as I would have liked.  My mother in law passed away, and I got busy with some other things, and now have it updated with everyone who has sent me their information.

I am so sorry if you think I wasn't paying attention, but I am now up to date with all the replies that I received and if I have missed someone, please let me know.

Thank you,

Tami

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,782
Points 30,900
Roxana replied on Fri, May 2 2014 9:17 AM

Tami, so sorry to hear this news. Please let us know if there are any ways we can help you.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 215
Points 3,515

Tami sorry to hear of your loss if things get a bit much over your swap and mine let me know and we will work something out please don't add extra stress on yourself.

Kerry G

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,155

Thank you Roxana and Kerry, I am doing well. I appreciate your replies.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 386
Points 6,610
Phyllis replied on Tue, May 6 2014 9:13 AM

Count me in on this one Tami.  I used most of my patriotic stash for the patriotic quilt block swap.  Looking forward to getting replacements.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,155

Thanks Phyllis, got your info and adding you to the group.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,895

I would like to join, will send you my information.

Macungie, PA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,155

I got your information Carmel, and have added you to the group list.

Thanks for joining in.    

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Thu, May 8 2014 9:41 AM

Debbie:
Tami - let me check my stash, I know I have some patriotic fabric left from what I bought for the patriotic block swap, do I have enough is the question.
fabic.  

Tami - finally checked what I had and there's 3 yds of one, 2.5 of another and 1 yd of a third and finally 30 inches of a fourth, but not enough to cut 16 FQs out of one fabric. I guess I'll pass this time, been almost 2 months since I sat down and sewed anything but a table runner.  plus I have the patriotic blocks coming, which will make 6 tops I need to finish.  plus a baby quilt to get done, just needs quilting.  

Oh, to have more time to just sew!!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Thu, May 8 2014 11:13 AM

Tami, do all the FQ' have to be the same or can they be different? Thanks

God Bless

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,155

They can be different if you want to use different ones, that is no problem.

Page 1 of 4 (51 items) 1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use