Patriotic Block Swap - Hostess: Candis

rated by 0 users
This post has 223 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 211
Points 2,780
Flo replied on Thu, May 22 2014 7:19 PM

I got mine today!!!  I haven't had time yet to spread them out and take a close look.  Its 6:15 pm and my day is still going, and going, and going...

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Thu, May 22 2014 7:33 PM

Mimi and Flo, your very kind, I am glad  you both received your blocks! I do hope you like them!   Thank you for participating, and making this an enjoyable swap!

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 211
Points 2,780
Flo replied on Thu, May 22 2014 8:15 PM

It was a blast.  I am working my store plus remodeling a bathroom in my house..we had mold from a leak and had to remove everything...drywall, studs, fixtures, concrete floor....And did I mention my son who was in Afghanistan will be hrre Sunday with his family....

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 23,990
Debbie replied on Thu, May 22 2014 9:14 PM

Got mine today in the mail and ooh, Ladies!  ya'll outdid yourselves.  really blown away by all the beautiful blocks, I love the eagle, especially and American and all of them!!  can't wait to get this in a quilt.  Sarah's Choice is coming down off the design wall but won't be able to sew them till I get back from Denver.  

leave Sat morning to see our son and family.  please sent prayers my way as I have been having tightness in my chest and some heart palpitations, difficulty breathing at times (like going up stairs) dr said lungs needed a breathing treatment today plus he prescribed an inhaler.  Never have had this problem before so hopeful the thin Colorado air doesn't aggravate my condition.  sure don't want to be going to ER on vacation.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Thu, May 22 2014 9:33 PM

Yeah, Debbie glad they made it!!  You be very careful, and keep us posted, no funny stuff!   Prayers you will be fine!! Thank you for posting and being in the swap!!   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,340
Erin replied on Fri, May 23 2014 5:42 PM

Debbie take care of yourself and have a fun, safe trip.

Flo- I'm happy to hear your son and his family will be there.

I've got my blocks up on the design wall and moved them around several times.  Honestly, there's no "bad" layout with these beauties!  I have added a few orphan blocks from other projects so it's bigger.  I need to figure out my sashing (oh no, a trip to the LQS?!?!? LOL)  Once I choose it, I'll be good to go.  I hope to start putting it together on Monday and have it completed by July 4th.  

Have a great weekend!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 211
Points 2,780
Flo replied on Fri, May 23 2014 7:32 PM

Well after working all day at my store, I came home and ran like a chicken without a head, but the guest room is clean and ready.  They will be here this evening between 8 pm and midnight.  I can't wait to hug him or smack him...maybe both.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Fri, May 23 2014 8:46 PM

Flo:

Well after working all day at my store, I came home and ran like a chicken without a head, but the guest room is clean and ready.  They will be here this evening between 8 pm and midnight.  I can't wait to hug him or smack him...maybe both.

Hope you enjoy the heck out of your time together!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Fri, May 23 2014 8:49 PM

Phyllis! Haven't heard from you yet, did you get your blocks! My tracking says delivered! Just need confirmation from you please?!?!  Hope the rest of you are enjoying yours, I went to LQS today to get fabric for sashings, I have an idea, actually a few of them!  We will see!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 187
Points 3,210
hhhdmh replied on Fri, May 23 2014 8:55 PM

Hi Candis,

I have put more of my blocks with the ones I received in the swap and have a quilt top made for my grandson's 10th birthday, which is tomorrow.  I will post pictures as soon as I get it finished. Might not be tomorrow but I can show him the top if it is not finished. God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 187
Points 3,210
hhhdmh replied on Fri, May 23 2014 8:58 PM

Forgot to say, I didn't have enough of any fabric for sashing so it will not have sashing as my LQS is a good drive from home and I just didn't have the time to go. So it will just be the blocks sewn together. He will love it any how. He is into patriotic stuff and Eagles.

God Bless

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Fri, May 23 2014 9:08 PM

It's all about what you like. I'm putting sashings cause I want to make two square quilts, small ones for both my young Grandkids!  By the way I loved your embroidered Eagles, they were a big hit, I am going to add some stars to the muslin,..   I think they are so special, I want to showcase them!   Everyone did great! I can't wait to see your Top.  I'm sure he will love it!!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 187
Points 3,210
hhhdmh replied on Fri, May 23 2014 9:31 PM

Thanks!

God Bless

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Sun, May 25 2014 10:49 PM

Here is Here is Darlenes Patriotic Quilt she made for her Grandson!  Thank you for sharing. It's beautiful

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,340
Erin replied on Sun, May 25 2014 10:56 PM

I really like it Darlene.  I love the blocks you added to it as well. 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 14 of 15 (224 items) «Prev1112131415Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use