Patriotic Block Swap - Hostess: Candis

rated by 0 users
This post has 223 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,856
Points 32,245
Roxana Posted: Sat, Mar 15 2014 9:17 PM

This is for the Patriotic Block Swap hosted by Candis. Do not sign up until she has posted her guidelines. Thank you. Roxana

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO SHOW YOUR PATRIOTIC PRIDE!!                           4TH OF JULY PATRIOTIC BLOCK SWAP

Here are the details:

1.   Any Block of your choice.   Colors must be RED, WHITE, AND BLUE.   FOR THE PRIMARY COLORS.  You can make all blocks the same or change it up using different styles, and techniques.  You can piece, appliqué, paper piece, or embroider!  Creativity is yours !   Please use Quality Quilt Shop Fabric.  Please use Quality cottons, no flannel, or blends or thin loosely woven fabrics please. 

2. SIZE.   Each block  will be 12 1/2 inches ,will have a finished size of 12" . Please follow the guidelines for LQS quality fabric on the Pages section of the Fabric Swaps Group. Fabrics do not have to be the same for all blocks . This flexibility should allow everyone to use up some of their stashed scraps.

3. The swap will have 16 participants.  Sign up will begin immediately and close on APRIL 15 .Anyone who wants to sign up for more than one set is welcome to do so but I will wait till the end of sign up. This gives everyone a chance to participate. If we fall short of 16 participants then I will honor your request for 2 slots. You will need to use different fabric if doing a second set, if your making all your blocks the same.   When participants sign-up, the process will work like this:

Participants will need to friend me with their name, physical address, phone number, and email address.  After voicing interest , I will respond directly to those who sign-up and I will post them on the list.

4. Each participant will make 16 blocks.  Please measure carefully and square your blocks to 12-1/2". I suggest making a sample block to be sure that all measurements work out as expected. It will save you lots of heartache and frustration. Better to make block bigger and cut down to 12 1/2 square.  Please read and follow the guidelines for Swaps.

5. Blocks are due to be mailed no later than MAY 15th. Please PM me your tracking number the day you mail. 

6. Please read through all the instructions and the pages of the Fabric Swap (BEFORE YOU COMMIT TO THIS SWAP. ) Remember that all the other members of the swap are counting on you. Please check in on the discussion board or Facebook swap page or email me directly from time to time.

7. When you ship your blocks, place each block in a separate plastic bag with your name and city/state on the outside. Return address labels work great. It lets everyone know who did what and where the blocks originated. All 16 blocks should fit easily in a legal flat rate envelope from the post office.

8. Please include with your blocks a return, postage-paid, self-addressed legal flat rate envelope. You may order these from the USPS online. I suggest that you order them early on in the swap so that you will have them when you complete your blocks.

9. Once I have all the blocks, I will sort them and ship them back as soon as possible. 

PLEASE JOIN US AND SHOW YOUR AMERICAN PRIDE!!!!

You can also discuss this swap on our Facebook fabric swap page. In case QCA is hard to get on.  You can also email me directly with any questions or concerns.  At marlabartlett60@gmail.com.   PLEASE READ ALL THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY,   THANK YOU,!! 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Once You have friended me and I receive your information I will add your name to the list!   Thank you,

1. Kathy - Received

2. Debbie R.- Received- Delivered

3. Susie- Received -Delivered

4.  Candis- Received-Delivered

5. Flo - Received- Delivered

6. Kristie- Received- Delivered

7. Carmel- Received- Delivered

8. Roxana- Received-Delivered 

9.  Darlene - Received- Delivered

10. Josie- Received- Delivered

11  Bobbie- Received- Delivered

12. Phyllis - Received

13.  Zsofia-- Received- Delivered

14. Mimi- Received- Delivered

15. Erin- Received- Delivered

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,539
Points 25,880
Debbie replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 6:18 PM

Candis - you know to sign me up.  I think you have all my info from another swap but let me know if not. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Debbie got you signed up!!  I got your info.  Thanks

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 4:06 PM

1. Kathy 

2. Debbie R.

3. Phyllis

4. Susie

5. Candis

6.Flo M

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Flo I added you to the original sign up list, thanks and sent you a private message.

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 4,915
Kristie replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:48 AM

Please sign me up!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Kristie:

Please sign me up!

Glad to see you Kristie!  Your in!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,539
Points 25,880
Debbie replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 8:11 PM

bought my fabric for this swap, now to decide on my block.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Awesome, I have to get all my fabrics together too! I thought more people would have signed up for this! Hope they do!  I haven't decided if I will make all the same block, or make them all different yet, guess I will figure it out later!  Good luck with block selection, there are so many!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,955
Carmel replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 8:11 AM

Candis:

Sign me up, I will send you my information.

Macungie, PA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Carmel :

Candis:

Sign me up, I will send you my information.

Great Carmel, I'll wait for your info then add you to the list! So glad to have you!

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Carmel got your info, your in. Thank you!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,539
Points 25,880
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 3:11 PM

I've got 12 blocks cut out and almost done with 4.  found the neatest quick and easy block on the QOVF website..  it really enhances the flag fabric I bought.  I think I'll be donating this quilt to the QOVF.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 15 (224 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use