Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 9:17 PM

Pat Badder:

Okay won't post till my partner receives the

Pat B

A you wish! But can I see. If you want email me pics ! I love seeing!  Marlabartlett60@gmail.com.  

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

So a bit of me. I am a September gal born and raised in Houston, I have resided in Pearland for over 22 years, recently widowed. I have three grown children who live very close. 4 granddaughters oldest boy has three 18,15,12, youngest boy has 1 20 months. DD has my grand sons 2 fur babies named Kit and Kat Man. LOL 

If you have me; I work from home, wear shorts all year long, more jeans then slacks Henley instead of button ups, prefer to sew in PJs , I am  very casual., and I do use the rugs I have, one sent to me two years ago has all jelly beans fabrics, I use it for my roller ball mouse pad.

I am not at all particular about color, it is more about contrast and texture. I am finding a love of batik and historical re prints, as I age.. (64), I was more into classic fabrics for 25 years. A former fashion sewer, I did love to shop and feel fabrics for each item, but craft sewing took over my sewing room in 1992 when I developed a thrill each time I completed a new purse for a customer.

I am happy to be included in this exchange, & I look forward to sending the designs I have chosen for my gal. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,682
Thea replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 9:52 AM

I am not a member of this swap - I just don't do swaps anymore - not sure why - just me - but I wanted to tell all of you that I have so enjoyed reading all your introductions and learning a little more about each of you.  You are all very wonderful ladies in my book!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 10:24 AM

Thank you Thea!  I too love reading about all of you! So much fun to get to know each of you on a deeper level! With that said,    Since this is for your special pal. I wS thinking.,,,,, only if you want to!  This is not mandatory at all!! I was going to enclose maybe a small gift or two with my mug rugs,   For instance. Tea bags,  a napkin to go with the mug Rug, a small bag of their fav cookies or biscotti, a packet of hot cocoa or coffee,  what ever they may like, heck I might include a mug.  I have been thinking of all sorts of little items,  if you all would comment with your likes in the discussions, I would so appreciate it.  Fav drink, fav cookie, fav candy, or snack item. I know I am nosey right!?   Yeah. I know!!!    Again , this isn't mandatory to send anything but your mug rugs, but if you wanted to send a little something. ,please do!  Love seeing your Bios thank you for sharing!!!  Hope everyone else joins in!   I can actually say, you people here are my Guild! Thank you for sharing!!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:00 AM

Hello finally I could log on to the site! I introduced myself so many times on this site/ swaps I just want to share a few things. Im a 'modern fabric' person. Love batiks and bright/modern prints. I don't have any mug rugs so I really looking forward to this swap. I live with my husband and 2 sons. Quilting/sewing and reading is my 'me time'. 

Zsofia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 12:11 PM

Thanks Zsofia! And all the others,  this intro is just for your pals if they want to personalize their mug rugs, it's not mandatory to do so though.  It was to give them a clue of who you are, and what you like. Your favorite colors, favorite, fabrics, if you collect anything, or.love a certain image, for instance owls, birds, fish, cats, dogs, bugs, butterfly's flowers,  what kind of flowers, or etc.  just little tidbits of info, or you can share everything, it's up to you.  Some members have few posts and it's hard to stalk them yo get info.  So thanks to those that have shared,  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Wed, Mar 12 2014 8:06 PM

Finally able to get on the website again...will see how long this lasts:)

Candis-Thank you for organizing this swap...I am really excited to be able to share with my stitchin' sisters!

For whomever has my name...I love flowers-especially violets and I am crazy nuts about my 4 legged poodle children.  I prefer vintage styles to more modern and just any color is great!  I am a tea drinker rather than coffee and my favorite flavor is cinnamon orange.  Hope this helps but know that the fact that you took the time to make something for me is too wonderful and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Happy sewing ladies!

Kathy G.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Sat, Mar 15 2014 4:35 PM

Hi to all!! How's the Mug Rugs coming?  I have my ideas and starting to assemble some!  Please when you receive your Rugs from your Pal post here and send us a photo please!! We would love to hear from everyone and see the wonderful Rugs you have!! Thanks

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 7:14 AM

Candis :

Hi to all!! How's the Mug Rugs coming?  I have my ideas and starting to assemble some!  Please when you receive your Rugs from your Pal post here and send us a photo please!! We would love to hear from everyone and see the wonderful Rugs you have!! Thanks

Hey Candis - I have the patterns picked out and most of he fabrics ready to go. I will start to put hem together later on today and the next week.

BTW: it looks like the site is getting better I even received a newsletter which I didn't see for a long time. I miss my 'quilty friends' and chatter. Keep my fingers crossed :)

Zsofia

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 270
Sarah replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 8:10 PM

My name is Sarah I'm a very new expecting mother. I was born in August. I am uprising and love everything Irish, also love butterflies very open to Anthony though I love colors!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 23,990
Debbie replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 6:16 PM

been working on the last round robin center I received, our group had a slight glitch so we're not done yet!  havent' even thought on these, need to finish the other mug rugs first.  glad I have till middle of April.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

I've gathered fabrics for the mug rugs.  Trying to decide what to do about Summer was a challenge -- the other seasons are much easier.  Springtime flowers, Autumn leaves, and Winter snowmen.  But the lazy days of Summer?  Then I remembered as a teen, we would all pile into a car and head for the drive-in theater when the nights were still too hot for anything else.  $1.00 a car, and we surely could pack that car full!  Laying out on blankets with popcorn and drinks and our favourite boy/ girl friends.  Pure heaven. 

Whoever has me can go read my bio on my start-up page.  Not much has changed since I wrote it.  I haven't seen my person post here, so am not able to "stalk" her, but I'll enjoy making the mug rugs to surprise her with. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:46 AM

hello just an update I finished a rather tough Fall rug today. I wanted to work on binding a mini quilt, and man I can tell you I took it out three times. The last time the binding went into the trash stash and the rug was satin stitched to hide all those darn stitch  pricks. I may work on that again, but for now, one more to go. Spring is the easiest so I left that for last. 

Just a quick mention here is what the sign up says about mailing 
Sign up begins Feb 5 th. Ends March 5 th. Mugs must be mailed by April 5th. This is a direct swap. There will be no limit to the number of participants. The more the merrier! 

Brigit-Carol I remember the days of the $1 car load to the drive-ins. My Daddy was a huge fan of the movies and he would gather up all of the kids 5 or 6 from our family alone, make huge bags of popcorn (the old fashion way) and take along a big thermos of iced tea or 'Kool Aid' We would run to the play center to visit with friends and daddy would give us our little bags. oh and since daddy loved his salt /sweet as most of us do, he would buy us all ice cream during the break.  such memories of many years gone by. TY for that reminder. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Caryl - sorry you had such a time on the binding.  I no longer bind mug rugs as for some reason I can't get the corners crisp, not matter how hard I try.  So I either pull the backing around or finish envelope style. 

Glad my post spurred some memories for you!

I said folks could go to my start page to read my bio, but with all the problems on the site, I thought I'd also post it here.  Plus I tried to edit the bio and the site wouldn't let me. 

I am a Christian (Episcopalian) hermit in semi-retirement. Basically that means I live a quiet life with prayer and study as a focus, but am not isolated by any means.   65 years old. Enjoy reading, gardening, sewing, crocheting, and now quilting.  I share the hermitage with two obnoxious, but loveable cats. I sadly buried my 16 yo. dog, Elgar, last year.  He was a wonderful companion and is missed greatly. 

Info for swaps:  I like blue/green/earthtones colours for personal/household use.  I use bright and bold colours for quilts (I make prayer quilts for nursing homes and like "happy"  colours).  I love chocolate, especially Reisen, but really, anything chocolate makes me happy!  I also drink decaf coffee, and flavoured water, but don't care too much for tea. 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 5
Page 4 of 8 (119 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use