Spring/ Easter Placemat Swap, Hostess: Regina (basketbear) ~ CLOSED

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,970
Roxana Posted: Sat, Jan 18 2014 2:15 PM

This thread is for the Spring/Easter Placemat Swap hosted by Regina (basketbear) . Do not sign up until she has posted her guidelines. Thank you. Roxana

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

I'm very excited about this swap...hope you are too! 

·         Swap Description

o   Directly swapping a set of 4 matching place mats made in either a spring or Easter theme

o   Swap will open January 18 and place mats will be mailed or shipped between March 26 and April 1.

·         Swap Details

o   Each participant will prepare one set of 4 matching place mats in a spring or Easter theme.

o   There is no limit on the number of participants.

o   Sign-up opens on January 18 and will close on February 15. 

o   You must ‘friend’ Regina (basketbear); include your full name, user name, mailing address, phone number, personal email AND choice of theme you wish to receive.  Your name will not be added to the list until this information is received.

o   I will draw names and on February 18 will let you know, by PM, whom you will send to, their address, and the theme you will need to make for them.  Swap partners will be kept a secret to everyone except the hostess and moderator.

o   I will try to keep maker and recipient with matching themes unless otherwise requested.  (For example:  Someone may have a lot of spring fabric but would love to receive Easter place mats.) 

·         Fabric

o   Fabric should be good quality or better.

o   Avoid religious themed fabric.

o   Avoid large weave/homespun, linen, vinyl, flannel and fabrics that do not launder well.

o   Fusible or non fusible light or mid-weight batting should be used.  Products such as Soft & Stable are acceptable.

·         Place Mat Details

o   Each place mat should measure approximately 13" x 18".  Size of place mat may vary slightly with the shape

o   The set consists of 4 matching place mats.

o   If you sign up for 2 sets, please use different fabrics for each set.

o   Make sure that your place mats are finished securely so they will withstand frequent washings.

o   Use the pattern of your choice.  Feel free to post a link on the discussion thread to inspire fellow swappers.

o   You will have 6 weeks to complete the set of 4 matching place mats.

o   Post your progress on the thread every couple of weeks to help keep us all on track.

o   Secure the finished set of 4 matching place mats and recipient’s name and address in a sealed plastic bag before inserting in outside shipping box/envelope. This will insure they will be delivered if damage to the outer packaging occurs while in transit.  Don’t forget to include a short note to introduce yourself!

o   Mail or ship your finished set of 4 matching place mats between March 26 and April 1. (No fooling!  Tee hee!)

o   Immediately, send the tracking number to Regina (basketbear) by PM.

o   If possible, share a picture of the place mats you receive.  We would love to see the finished product of everyone’s creativity and hard work.

Have Fun!!

Regina

Participants:

1. Regina

2. Roxana

3. Liz

4. Kathy G 

5. Kathy G

6. Sarah

7. Phyllis

I'll keep adding names until February 15.

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Hi Liz,

I received your information and you are on the list for a spring set of place mats.

Welcome to our group!

Regina

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Hi Roxana,

You are in for a spring set too!  The excitement is building!

Thanks for your help in getting this swap underway.

Regina

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 270
Sarah replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 4:10 PM

Is it to late to sign up?

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Hi Sarah,

It isn't too late to sign up!  Friend/PM me with your name, address, phone number and email address.  Also include which theme you would like to receive (spring or Easter).  When I receive your information, I will add you to the list.  

Can't wait to hear from you!

Regina

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Sarah,

I received your information.  You are on the list for a spring set. 

Thank you for joining!

Regina

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 2:58 PM

Please sign me up for this swap!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Hi Phyllis,

Welcome to the place mat swap!  'Friend" me with your mailing and contact information and I will put you on the list.  don't forget to include which theme you would like to receive...spring or Easter.

Regina

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Phyllis,

I received your information and you have been added to the list!

Thanks for joining!

Regina

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

This swap is now closed.  I sent everyone who sign up the person they will be sending a set of place mats to and the theme they requested.  let me know if you did not receive yours.

Happy Sewing!

Regina

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,135
Liz replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:28 PM

Fabrics are all picked out, I am sewing the 1st 2 together right now…..looks cute!

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Liz,

You are really out to a great start!  I have my design and focus fabric, just need to find 1 or 2 fabrics to coordinate. Anyone else getting an early start?

Regina

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Hi All,

It's March already!  How are you coming with your place mats?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,970
Roxana replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 10:23 AM

I have two almost completed but will have them all finished and mailed by the weekend. Isn't that when we mail them? Thanks, Regina, for hosting the swap.

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use