Mug Rug Swap, Hostess: Debbie ~ COMPLETED

rated by 0 users
This post has 112 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 6:34 PM

Glad you liked them.  Doing something without a pattern and got way ahead of myself.  I hope other like them and are not disappointed.  I anyone is, let me know as I have 9 others that "didn't come out as well" that I can share:::sigh:::

Good news is I learned a lot about binding, measuring, and mitering corners.  Thanks for hosting this one!  It was a dandy!

Kathy G

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 10,055
Judi replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 9:23 PM

I can sign on with my iPad, but using my computer and Chrome, I cannot log into QCA!  I just don't get it. I will call again tomorrow and see what is wrong now!

i use YouTube and other websites to get help or tips on binding, etc.  Whenever I need to learn a new technique and I cannot get to a class, I use online videos.  Just a tip.

i can't wait to see these. This was a good exercise in thinking of a project as well as executing.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 4,900
Kristie replied on Fri, Apr 4 2014 7:55 PM

Thanks Debbie!

Judi- I'm having troubles too-  I can't sign on using my iPad or using Chrome on the computer.  However I can seem to sign on using IE, though the newsletter said that was the one they were still working on.  How many months has this been going on?

Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing the mug rugs.  :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sat, Apr 5 2014 12:32 AM

Kerry, got yours today!  very nice. 

I, too, have been having problems signing in on Chrome.  doesn't let me go anywhere but IE is fine.  I don't understand it, make every browser work!  I alternate between IE, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.  found some websites won't work on some. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 6:37 AM

Debbie:

Participants:

January - Susie   RECEIVED 

February - Liz - RECEIVED

March - Judi  RECEIVED

April - Roxana  RECEIVED

May - Debbie  DONE

June -  Vynnp   RECEIVED

July -  Caryl Anne  RECEIVED

August - Regina - RECEIVED

September - Kathy G  RECEIVED

October - Kristie  RECEIVED 

November - Phyllis  MAILED

December - Kerry  RECEIVED

Just to update everyone.  Phyllis called me last nite and hers are done, will go out in Monday's mail (She intended to mail them this morning but PO was closed) and I should get them Tue. I so appreciate everyone's patience and I know Phyllis does to. 

Her situation with family is very stressful and she needs our support.  I understand some of what she's going thru because my mother went thru it, and unfortunately I didn't live close enough to help my Dad (they live in GA) as much as much I would have liked the last 2.5 years of her life.  I also had major back surgery 2 days before she died and was unable to attend the funeral, which still bothers me today. One thing I am thankful for is she laid down to take a nap and never woke up. I really worried a lot when I had my surgery in Sep and kept praying, "Dad don't you die on me during this!" 

Alzheimer's is so hard on the family, you first lose your loved one to the disease, sometimes for years, and then you lose them to death.   So, I hope everyone will be patient and while I wanted to send them out in tomorrow's mail, it is more likely going to be Thursday before I get them out.  my goal is to have them all ready sorted and be ready to just add Phyllis' when I get them. 

Thank you all again for your patience!  Ya'll are a great group and wonderful caring loving group of women.  I'm proud to be a part of the QCA family and to be a quilter! 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580

Debbie Thanks for doing this swap you are right we all understand how hard it can be to juggle everything that life throws at us. Whenever you get to mail is fine. When I get the tracking number then I will start wondering when they will arrive and only because of everyone  else's hard work  possibly getting lost. 

Kerry g

"Hem up your Blessings sew they won't unravel"

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

thank you Debbie for the update. I am excited to see them. Making them as mini quilts was a fun thing to do. I did have some issues with my first few, but as I got on they went pretty quickly.  Only redid 3.. lol and my family loves to get the samples of work I do. no waist in my sewing room.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Debbie, beautifully said!  We should all show the compassion and love to all that go thru hard times, things pop up unexpectedly all the time!     Please everyone when you receive your rugs. May we see pictures of all your creations?   Thank you

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 12:25 PM

I'm perfectly fine with waiting for Phyllis.  I know how hard it is to deal with a dear loved one with that dreaded disease.  It takes so much out of the caretaker! 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 10,055
Judi replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 2:25 PM

I definitely understand that life sometimes kicks us in our behinds.  I don't mind waiting. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 4,900
Kristie replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 2:52 PM

I'll be happy when they show up-  it is all good.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 4:03 PM

got the last of the mug rugs in today and already have them packaged up ready to go out in tomorrow's mail.  I've sent everyone their tracking number, but for a couple of you I couldn't find a number on the envelope.  I hope you have the numbers still handy.  I

I'll' drop them off before going to work at noon, after I attend a What's New in Quilt Borders class; the County Cooperative Extension Service is it doing tomorrow morning at a nearby college.  Should be interesting, these'usually are and best thing is it is FREE!  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,300

ooooo...I am so excited!  can't wait to see them!  Thank you, Debbie, for hosting this swap, you did a fabulous job!!

Regina

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:51 AM

Thanks so much, Debbie, for hosting the swap. I received my mugs today in the mail and am so tickled at everyone's creativity. I love them! I wanted to post a picture but that takes away the surprise for the rest of you! Let me know when I can.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:51 PM

I'm thinking of making a holder for either the wall or a 12" Ackfeld Wire hanger and just change the rug out each month. I don't drink anything in a mug but wanted to participate in the swap to extend myself. That it did.

Does anyone know of a pattern that might work or do I need to create it?

Working on my patriotic blocks today. Candis has three more spots so if you haven't already signed up, please consider it. Cut-off date for signing up is April 15. Check out the requirements here: http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/forum/t/46392.aspx

They don't take long to make at all since you can pick your own pattern. Think about it, quickly, and sign up!

Page 6 of 8 (113 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use