Mug Rug Swap, Hostess: Debbie ~ COMPLETED

rated by 0 users
This post has 112 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 4,830
Kristie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 8:18 AM

Working on 'em.  Hopefully ready to send by Tuesday or Wednesday.  Will keep you posted. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 23,125
Susie replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 6:20 AM

Mine are done, please let me apologize in advance... I struggle with bindings.

I will be mailing them today.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 4,830
Kristie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 8:07 AM

Pieced, quilted and partially bound.  Not mailing today- maybe tomorrow.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 8:27 AM

That's ok, Susie.  with these small mug rugs I think anybody might struggle with bindings.  I sewed mine and then turned them. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 3:29 PM

Susie, got your mug rugs today and they are adorable!  bindings look very good.  You gals are going to love them! 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 3:41 PM

latest update: 

Participants:

January - Susie   RECEIVED 

February - Liz - RECEIVED

March - Judi

April - Roxana  RECEIVED

May - Debbie  DONE

June -  Vynnp   RECEIVED

July -  Caryl Anne  RECEIVED

August - Regina - RECEIVED

September - Kathy G

October - Kristie

November - Phyllis

December - Kerry

finished mine the other day and got them all bagged, tagged and ready to send out.  Everyone's have all been so cute and original.  I printed out about my choice because it is not obvious but I hope ya'll will like them. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 3:41 PM

latest update: 

Participants:

March - Judi  RECEIVED

April - Roxana  RECEIVED

May - Debbie  DONE

June -  Vynnp   RECEIVED

September - Kathy G  RECEIVED

October - Kristie

November - Phyllis

December - Kerry

others are on their way, hope to mail them out on Mon, 4/7

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 9:11 PM

Judi - received yours, BEAUTIFUL!!  oh, you do outstanding work. the ladies will love them. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 4,830
Kristie replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 7:24 AM

::sigh:::

A quilty lesson learned-

First of all, let me say that I will mail the mug rugs by the deadline date, but I'm probably going to be the last one, based on the promptness of everyone else.  I'm sorry for that delay.

I have them all pieced and quilted.  This week is my son's fourth birthday with his first friend party tomorrow.  I have relatives visiting.  So, I thought I would "save time" and machine bind my mug rugs.  Of course, I hadn't ever done a full machine binding before (I do the sew on the front and hand stitch on the back).   Looked easy enough on the tutorial video.  (Do you see where this is going?)

So, first one I tried, I didn't like the look of the stitch I chose.  Second one, the corners were a mess.  So, time to start rip, rip, rip (I hate ripping decorative stitches).  Not a success by any measure. So, now they all have been partially bound in the old way and are awaiting my handstitiching.

Moral of the story:  When you have a deadline when making something, DO NOT TRY A NEW TECHNIQUE.

Thanks ladies. :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 447
Points 8,885
Judi replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 3:38 PM

I'm glad you liked them. It was fun doing them. As a note, since they are small I decided to use the binding technique where you cut the back about 1.5  .larger than the top and batting. I folded up the corners and the double folded the sides. I used my fabric joking foot to sew the binding on the top.  I just put my needle about three clicks to the right and let the bar in the center of the foot ride along in the ditch between the binding and the top.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 9:11 PM

Kathy G, Kerry and Phyllis - how you gals doing?  haven't heard from ya'll so hope it is all good and mug rugs will be on their way soon.

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 8:20 PM

Just an update, Roxana and I thought it best to allow an extra week, due to everyone having difficulties signing into QCA.  Still waiting on 4 swappers and have heard from 3 of them that they'll be mailing this week.  so, it will be April 10-11th before you get these.  Just wanted to let everyone know.  I'll repost as the others come in and let you know when I've mailed them out.  so far, everyone's have been so cute and ya'll are going to love them! 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Wed, Apr 2 2014 8:45 PM

Kathy G - got yours today, so cute!  great job!

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 5:00 PM

Kristie - got yours today, so cute!  I love 'em! just 2 more and I'll be sending them ya'l's ways

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 5:02 PM

Participants:

March - Judi  RECEIVED

April - Roxana  RECEIVED

May - Debbie  DONE

June -  Vynnp   RECEIVED

September - Kathy G  RECEIVED

October - Kristie  RECEIVED 

November - Phyllis

December - Kerry  RECEIVED

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 5 of 8 (113 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use