Mug Rug Swap, Hostess: Debbie ~ COMPLETED

rated by 0 users
This post has 112 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Debbie & Ladies, of the swap. these important things about the mug rug construction. remember it is a larger coaster, it will  be most likely hand washed. I'll  will say from experience that I used parts and pieces of left over COTTON thin batting is the best , we want to have a steady spot for our mug o Joe or tea cup. I'd say just stay away from anything too lofty. I made several 5 or 6 from scraps of flannel I did use two layers and it doesn't even matter the color, because it will be inside. the quilting of a few lines will keep it all in one pieces as we use them. I really have enjoyed the ones I have and only twice did I have to wash one. I used dish soap in my hands and rubbed it then rinsed and squeezed it dry. hung it up on my oven handle. So when constructing your swap, I think you might consider how they will be used. I do plan on using mine. 
So that said, I am using left over batting, there is always  good strips in my batt drawer. 
+ update I have all my fabrics cut for July, hope y'all like the pieces I am making.
Debbie can we show them when we are done??  

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 26,455
Debbie replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 9:39 PM

Here's the mug rug I made tonight as a test.  It is called Mother's Own and was a 10" block I cut down to 6".  Was not fun working on little 1" pieces, especially the middle one so sorry, but ya'll will not be getting this one. May try to bump it up to 8" square.  I used the red on the back. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,877
Points 32,585
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 6:10 PM

vynnp:

I sent you a pm but didn't get a response. Is there a month left? I would love yo join.

Vynnp, I sent you a friend request and PM. Please respond today. Do you know where to find that on your home page?

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 26,455
Debbie replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:07 PM

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.  Got the front of mine made and now need to finish them up by sewing backs to them and quilting. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:19 PM

i have a plan in place for mine...does that count?  lol!  I just need to get to the store for the fabric I'm needing to get them put together.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 393
Points 4,935
Kristie replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:27 PM

I've picked the fabrics and created the design. So, not as far along as you. ;)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I do have all my pieces cut and the first step of piecing, BUT life has a way of getting in the way. I had two orders came in last weekend, so the past three days I embroidered 13 kitchen towels. Both sets are complete and ready to ship on Monday. yippee!!, a bit of stash cash in hand. lol 

I love my fabrics. 

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 750
vynnp replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 4:14 PM

Thats so funny, I just cut out my squares this morning before work. Can't wait to see what they turn out like.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,300
basketbear replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 11:31 PM

I have all the pieces cut and 6 are sewn.  The sewing will be complete tomorrow, hope have the binding done by the end of the week end.  Embellishments will take a bit longer.

Regina

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 3:14 PM

I have the middles done for the fronts and the batting and backing cut out.  My prototype turned into a small placemat so had to make a few adjustments but I am on my way.

Kathy G.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,300

I love Super Bowl Sunday!  I am usually able to sew uninterrupted most of the day...sooooo...my August mug rugs are finished!!  Yippee!

Regina

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 26,455
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 7:20 PM

Just thought I would put this out there.  I am going to the Branson Retreat so if anyone wants to give me their mug rugs there and save the postage, that's fine with me.  

Since we are leaving here on Sat, Feb 22nd and returning home on the following Sat, 29th, please try to send yours so they arrive before we leave or after we get home.  My daughter will check the mail for me, but didn't want to have a bunch of packages in the mail box.  I had set the date of Mar 31st so I wouldn't have to worry about them.  But I know some are like me and get them done early.  Thanks everyone!  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 26,455
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 7:26 PM

Caryl Anne:
Debbie can we show them when we are done??  

Reading back over these posts and realize I didn't answer Caryl Anne -  sure, I think that will increase the fun!  I showed mine already, just had to re-size it so ended up about 7.5" x 8" inches.  I forget who asked me about 8" x 8", but that's a nice size.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 750
vynnp replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 8:33 PM

OK, mine are finally done. Ready to mail. Since I am on my way to Vegas, will mail them when I get back. Can't wait to see what everyone has done.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 26,455
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 9:39 PM

vynnp:
Since I am on my way to Vegas, will mail them when I get back.

Show us them - post a pic.  also, how long will you be in Vegas?  sounds like fun!  please remember to not mail them so they arrive between Feb 22 - 1 Mar.  I'll be in Branson.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 3 of 8 (113 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use