rated by 0 users
This post has 102 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sat, Apr 5 2014 11:39 PM

Karyn-Ann:  blocks arrived today.

I am waiting for one more envelope to arrive sso that I can sort and ship.  I will send out blocks as soon as all are in.

Kathy G

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

Sorry - all - I thought the swap ended 03-29 - was late anyway - - I do not want anyone to wait any longer so unfortunately will  withdraw from this swap. I hope all will understand and not penalize QCoA for my tardiness. I apologize for not having sent my blocks in a timely fashion, and wish all well in their quilting endeavors...

Gail

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 9:59 AM

Gail-I am sorry it did not work out for you to be able to finish this swap. 

Ladies-I will get the blocks sorted tonight and endevor to get them mailed out tomorrow.  I will attempt to post tracking numbers tomorrow evening but anticipate most will have theirs back by the weekend.

Kathy

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 386
Points 6,625
Phyllis replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 12:23 PM

KATHY,

This block was a stretch for me, harder than I thought.  If my blocks don't measure up to everyone elses, I quite understand.  Just send them all back to me and I'll use them to make a quilt myself.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 2:52 PM

Phyllis-

Your blocks are beautiful...I am sure the others will love them as well.

All-

I am sure you are all aware of the discussion happening on the swap ideas thread.  Know that the issues I shared are not with any one person or interaction.  I thin most ill agree that this discussion was clearly needed so that we can all start fresh when we have clear expectations and guidelines to insure as much equity as possible.  If you have not posted your thoughts there, please do so.  It is important that everyone take part in this process of improvemet even if it requires hard conversations.

Blocks are sorted.  sealing envelopes and getting ready to head to the post office in a bit.

Kathy

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:14 PM

Hello Ladies!

Blocks went out yesterday except for Phyllis(didn't notice there was a zip code missing and post office dude couldn't look it up).  Phyllis-yours are going out today so will get you tracking number tonight.

zip code----tracking number

Edited out.....

Other packages came with tracking numbers...these packages needed numbers or postage.  All postage differences were paid so if you notice additional stamps or tickets, I did that.  No worries...just didn't want them to come back or be delayed for a few cents.

I hope you all love the blocks.  I laid mine out last night and am so pleased with the color variety and quality...you all do good work!  Let me know when your blocks arrive and if you have plans for yours, post pics of your ideas and finished projects.  There is an open swap for red, white, and blue blocks that is looking for participants.  Go check it out and keep on stitchin'...

Kathy G

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:51 PM

got mine today, very nice!, ladies 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:55 PM

Debbie:

got mine today, very nice!, ladies 

Got mine today also! Very nice! Everyone did a great job!  Will make a pretty quilt,   Thank you, and Thank you Kathy for hosting this!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 8:06 AM

WOW!  just had a 2 paragraph reply going and my computer zapped it out.  After seeing everybody's blocks, I really wish I had done mine like the rest, switching my white and pink.  I apologize that I didn't, feel like mine sticks out like a sore thumb.  Luckily for me, I had made 4 others so will see how I can put it together using them as cornerstones.  Ideas are perculating. (sp). 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,135
Liz replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:28 AM

Hi all,

I'm in, can't believe it!! :-)

I just got my blocks, the heck with the bills I ripped into the package, just like Xmas, now I know why I do the swaps!!!

All of the blocks are beautiful, they are on the design wall for thinking on how to put them together....

Debbie I love your block, I have since you first showed them, you are not the only one who did not put the white outside, just gives the quilt a little more pizzazz!!!

Thank you all!

Liz

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,799
Points 31,135
Roxana replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:44 PM

Ok, gals, I can't wait to see pictures. I didn't have the time for this swap so I want to see them! Thanks, Kathy G., for hostessing!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 386
Points 6,625
Phyllis replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 8:05 AM

Oops, I called this Sophies choice in Facebook.  I got my blocks yesterday and I love them.. They are gorgeous, can't wait to start making a quilt out of them.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 70
Points 1,175

I was out of state for my fathers memorial service when my package arrived, but I wanted to let you know that I got them safe and sound.  I was so pleased to see all the different fabric choices and combinations.  Great job by everyone!! 

Page 7 of 7 (103 items) «Prev34567
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use