Sarah's Choice Block, Hostess: Kathy G. ~ COMPLETED

rated by 0 users
This post has 102 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,595
Phyllis replied on Mon, Mar 17 2014 11:00 PM

I am going to be late with my blocks also.  I am going to take off work Thursday of this week off to do the blocks and hope to get them in the mail by Friday.  My Dad is 93 and in advanced stage of Alzheimers. He has been in the hospital and from there we moved him to a nursing home;  It has not gone well and I have put my life on hold to get him taken care of.  I am so sorry but had no choice.  IF you want to go on without me, I understand but I think I can do them on Thursday.  Can't do them before Thursday because I have to have Dads assisted living apartment emptied by this Friday so every evening after work I'm working on that..

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 10:01 AM

Phyllis-

I, and I am sure I speak for the other participants, completely understand that life happens.  I would rather be a few days late getting blocks back out and be sure you are included than to go on without you.  Please know that my prayers are with you and your family at this time.  As the sole caregiver for my aging parents (that live with me-oh my!) I know that your path is a difficult one.  Peace and pieces,

Kathy G

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,135
Liz replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 12:59 PM

Hi girls,

My good intentions of getting my blocks in the mail tomorrow will be tight and I am sorry…my dad died on Dec 29th, yesterday, corn beef & cabbage day, was our day to go out and celebrate and eat together, it was very hard for me to get thru, I did do a little sewing and cutting, ran out of fabric had to buy more…, but my afternoon & evening were real tough & I fell into a shaky depression after smelling the dinner cooking.  fI will sew into the nite today to get these in the mail tomorrow & will let u know if there is a problem.

too shaky too continue right now,

god bless u all

Liz

South of Boston, MA

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,782
Points 30,900
Roxana replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 3:43 PM

God bless you, Liz. You've got friends here. Hang in there. I know it's tough.

Hugs!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,155

Liz, I completely understand, I lost my father on January 7th.  I didn't think I would even do my blocks. almost dropped out.  I got them done though, and you will too.  Some days are harder than others, and then something happens out of the blue and knocks you off your feet.  Hang in there sweetie.  I will be thinking of you, and I totally share in how you are feeling.

Much Love,

Tami

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 205
Quilt RN replied on Wed, Mar 19 2014 5:25 AM

......   Mailed yesterday with 14 blocks.  Look forward to getting blocks back.

Michelle S

Kathy, tracking number was emailed to you. No tracking numbers nor personal information is to be posted on these boards. 

Roxana

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:06 PM

So sorry to be slow to post.  Clinic move is a month away and I seem to spend moore time paking, sorting, and cleaning than working with the kids. 

Liz and Tami-- there are no words to let you know how sorry I am for your loss.  Phyllis- You are in the middle of a long uphill climb.  Take each day s it comes and know there are others on the road with you.

I hope that all of you are begining to feel a bit of spring in your days as the season turns.  Blocks are coming in.  I have recieved blocks from Susie, Valerie, Tami, Debbie, and Candis.  I will watch for others and send out as soon as they are all here.

Peace and Pieces,

Kathy G

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 12:52 PM

Michelle-

I have your blocks too!

Kathy G

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 10:34 AM

Liz-Your beautiful blocks are safe and sound in the swap bin. 

All-These blocks are really looking good and a great variety.  I am going to have to clear some scraps and make a few more since this seems to make up such a pretty looking quilt.  I will ship when all are in.

Thanks for participating and being such caring folks.  We all have burdens and it's good to know there are others out there that understand and care.

Kathy G.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 9:15 PM

Phyllis-Your blocks arrived today!

I have not heard from Gail or Karyn.  If I do not recieve their blocks by Saturday, I will sort and ship what I have on Sunday.

Thank you all for your hard work.  Be looking for your packages next week!

Kathy G

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 9:57 PM

Heh Kathy,  did you see Karyn's  message 1 page back, she was asking for your address, she gave her email address also.  Many can't get on here even now, didn't know if you saw it or not!   

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 10:14 PM

Thank you Candis  I did see it and I replied the same day but have not heard more.  I sent PMs tonight to both ladies so will hopefully hear from them soon.

Have a good one!

Kathy G

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,782
Points 30,900
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 10:42 AM

Kathy G:

I have not heard from Gail or Karyn.  If I do not receive their blocks by Saturday, I will sort and ship what I have on Sunday.

Kathy G

Kathy, you need to call Karyn and Gail and see what's going on. They may have mailed them and not been able to communicate a tracking number. At any rate, don't make the swap until you have connected with them. Please let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 9:30 PM

Update to All-

Karyn and Gail are getting their blocks to me this week.  Going to give it extra time due to the technical difficulties so many are experiencing.  I apologize if this causes ny of you an issue, just felt that we would all be better served by allowing a little extra tme.

Kathy G

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850

So any update with this swap?  Just wondering when to expect?   Thank you!

MODESTO, CA.
Page 6 of 7 (103 items) «Prev34567Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use