Sarah's Choice Block, Hostess: Kathy G. ~ COMPLETED

rated by 0 users
This post has 102 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 9:11 AM

You Gals are so good!  If you all want to toss your scraps in with your blocks, I will be happy to divide them up as well.  Please post if you want to recieve scraps and I will divide accordingly.  It sounds like all of you are making great progress.  I have all the centers finished for set one and flying f#$% geese finished for about half of those.  I love that you hate them too Candis.  I keep hoping somebody will find a way to make them that doesn't drive me nuts.  I either sew the wrong color on the wrong side or sew the whole thing upside down in the block.

Oh well,...just keep stitchin'

Kathy G

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 11:10 AM

Lol Kathy!  ME TOO!!!   But they look pretty, (when done right).   If my attention wanders for a sec. I get upside down or crooked or more of a crashing geese than a flying one.   Too funny!    Ok all the scraps coming with blocks then!  Cool!  

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 12:33 PM

Geese joke...warning: may cause laughter

When you see geese flying, there is always one side of the V that is longer than the other.  Do you know why?  Scroll down for answer

Keep going

Because there are more geese on that side.  Hee Hee Hee!  One of my kiddos told me that one.

Have a great day!

Kathy

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 12:30 AM

The sign-up is closed and we are at 14.  I know some of you have already made16 but I think you can likely find a use for the extra 2.  Let me know if you have other ideas but without a full group, everyone will get duplicates back and I think most would like to have their own work to use for their project.

Can't wait to  see all the beautiful blocks!

Kathy G

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795

Ok cute joke!!  Only 14 now ok! Less Geese to make!! Honk!!!   Yeah!    

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 23,080
Susie replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 9:34 AM

I have done so many patterns that have that silly block in them that I THINK I have them figured out...

I will send my extras to you as well, if I can keep the granddaughter from playing with them.  She is in love with my scraps and plays with them all the time.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,135
Liz replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:23 PM

Hi girls,

I sew my "scrap" triangles when I am sewing my blocks together so that I have 1/2 sq tri's done for quilts, borders, etc, so sorry we are on the same thought wave, so if anyone wants to send me there scrap HST's I would love them, I am also a good sharer ;-)

Love your fabrics Debbie, great blocks!

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,437
Points 23,945
Debbie replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 8:46 PM

Thanks, Liz.  don't know why I never have used that pink fabric before, had it about 7-8 years.  I was in a panic because I couldn't find my little scrap trianglesearlier,just didn't remember what I did with them.  but I finally found them, whew!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,437
Points 23,945
Debbie replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 8:50 PM

I was in a panic because I couldn't find my little scrap triangles earlier,just didn't remember what I did with them.  but I finally found them, whew!  

Kathy, I'll be mailing them this week, just don't know what day - it's been so cold here don't want to get out unless I absolutely have to.  didn't get over 35 today, our church parking lot was slick, some of the men cleared the snow off yesterday but it froze over nite, so some of the men were out parking cars for everyone this morning and thankfully oldest grandson was at church so he pulled it up for me after service.  DH had come separately because I take younger grandsons to Sunday school.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 23,080
Susie replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 9:13 AM

I read those dratted instructions a dozen times, cut my fabrics, and realized that my pinwheel is going to be too small--with 3 1/2" squares!  ARGHHH!!!

So...I will have to hit the store to get more fabric.  I have enough white, but not the other two colors.  It's so frustrating when the instructions aren't quite right.  I should have cut just for one, tested it and then moved on instead of cutting enough for all 16 blocks.  Well...I guess I have some fabric that I can use for a D9P instead...

I should have mine done this week, though.  That's what I'm shooting for...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,135
Liz replied on Tue, Feb 11 2014 3:53 PM

Hey Debbie,

Sorry to post here but I cannot get into anywhere else and have a Mug Rug question, can you please email me @ my personal email?

Thank you, hope this goes thru….

Liz

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sat, Feb 15 2014 11:55 PM

How are those blocks coming?  I have Debbie's blocks and just finished mine today.  Feel free to mail them in when you are finished.  Please send me a PM if you want some of the small triangles and I will try to spread them evenly.  Keep on stitching!

Kathy G

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 760
Valerie replied on Mon, Feb 17 2014 10:02 PM

Just finished mine today. They came out a little darker than i planned. but am happy with the results. 

Hope everyone is having as much fun as I. I am hoping to have mine mailed next week.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Sat, Feb 22 2014 5:43 PM

Kathy, I have a small question? May I place both of my blocks in 1 bag? Since I did two sets. Or do you want them in 28 individual bags?  Mine are done, just finished squaring them all off to 12 1/2 and giving them a good press!  Have I said I hate making flying geese!   Lol thanks. I will wait to hear from you, then mail off!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 1:19 PM

I'm baaaack!  Trouble logging in for the past two days but here I am!

If you are doing more than one set of blocks, it is absolutely okay to combine them into one baggie for the other swappers.  Do what works best for you!

If any of you are having trouble, let me know so that we can keep on track.  So far, it sounds like you are all making good progress...other than those goosie issues!  Keep on stitchin'

Kathy G.

Page 4 of 7 (103 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use