rated by 0 users
This post has 102 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,579
Points 26,450
Debbie replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 11:35 PM

Pink has yellow and orange in it  

is the tone on tone fabric 1, 2, or 3?   Kathy G - I put Yellow as Color 1; white as Color 2 and the pink was Color 3.  Just FYI, if it helps anyone.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 74
Points 1,210

It seems I was off by a 1/2 yard on color 1 and 2.  Somehow I was missing the page for the pinwheel portion of the pattern.  DUH.... I am so sorry for anyone that used my calculations and didn't have enough.  (as I did) I had to go back to the fabric store and get a half yard of each color today.  LOL....luckily they still had it. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,579
Points 26,450
Debbie replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 8:26 PM

Kathy G - what's the earliest I can mail these to you?  Mine are all done, just had so much fun with this block I got them done in a few days.  Wow, can't wait to see them all in a quilt!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 10:26 AM

Debbie-

Feel free to send your blocks in when complete...unless of course you think you want to do a second set???? Then you could send both together*smile*

Kathy G

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 2:23 PM

Tami-

Your mistake was an improvement over my best guess LOL!  Glad you were able to find what you needed!

To All-

I recieved a package earlier this week from another swap.  The details are not important but I want to confirm for all of you that I do not belong to the quilt police.  I am a new quilter and a busy gal who just loves to sew, create, and chatter with like minded others.  Please know that this swap is all about the fun and there will be NO GRADING OF QUILTING SKILLS!  I enjoy seeing what you all come up with and the excitement shared is a real blessing.

I am genuinely happy that you have all signed up and I want you to be happy with your end products.  Keep up the good work and look forward to a package of beautiful blocks from other fun loving folks!

Hope your day is especially happy today!

Kathy G.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,579
Points 26,450
Debbie replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 12:36 PM

Kathy G - spent yesterday morning going thru the last of the drawers in my sewing room and found some fabric I don't even remember where I got it from, most likely given to me.  So may have to look and see what I have.  Just know I only have the WOW I used for this one so would have to go buy more, if I made a second set.  I'll think on it and let you know.  Have to finish mug rugs and then have an idea for retreat  gifts.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 760
Valerie replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 6:15 PM
Well The math got me again. Turns out I measured wrong. I was all set to sew the blocks together when i realized that my 1/2 square triangles are too small. Back to the drawing board again :(
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965

Debbie:

Ok, here's what i intend to do with the little pieces I asked about.  They make a 5" block I would like to use as my border.  

I will send you my scraps too!  Pm me your address, I will send them separate .  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 3,805

Kathy,

I just PM'd you.

Debbie DEAR, would you mind sharing the leftover pieces for the borders? I think that's an awesome idea! Only if you think there's enough to go around (ha ha, no pun intended.)

Karyn

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 3:11 PM

Hello Swappers!

It has been a little quiet out here and I just wanted to check and see if everyone is making progress.  I made a couple of blocks and decided that my half-squares were too small as well so I'm wondering if it is me or the pattern is a little off.  Anyone else have this issue?

Hope you are all doing well and getting ready to see the groundhog this weekend...hope he doesn't see his shadow as I'm ready for some sunshine.

Let everyone hear how it's going!
Kathy G.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965

Hi, I have found most of Quilters cache blocks are off in measurements.  I learned this from using hers so many times when I first started to Quilt.  I use a WONDER CUT RULER   For my triangles. Makes them so much easier and faster.  I also use triangulation so but I use that for small triangles, also fast and accurate.   If I used quilters cache instead of the 3 7/8     I went to 4 inch then trimmed to 3 1/2 after put together.  Takes more time, but not if it comes out wrong anyway.       Also.  Just a personal note,  I just remembered I hate making flying freakin geese!  I almost never use them in a quilt!!   But. I have my first set done! They look good if I do say so myself!  Lol.  Hope this helps someone.    

MODESTO, CA.
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

I found that I could get 4 blocks from 2 fat quarters plus background but did not have enough of the lavender and pale blue - - - so went for broke and bought - - - I agree with Candice and have the first 4 block that to me are marginal for 12 1/2" so hopefully in correcting and rather than making to size - I will over size and cut back - - - all should be well..... This week is my commitment to finish - - - - we'll see - - I also lead our guilds Elm Creek sew along - so lots happening with me...

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965

Hi Kathy, since I see interest in the left over little triangles should we all just send them to you with our blocks, people that want them you can divide them up maybe. I for one do not want any ,but will send in mine from both sets. Does anyone want the white also or just the colors.?   Thanks

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,579
Points 26,450
Debbie replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:39 PM

Karyn Ashley-Smith:

Debbie DEAR, would you mind sharing the leftover pieces for the borders? I think that's an awesome idea! Only if you think there's enough to go around (ha ha, no pun intended.)

Karyn

Don't mind sharing a bit, if anyone wants some of mine just let me know, I'm thinking enough to make maybe 8-10 5" blocks? 

Karyn - great job on the pun!! LOL

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 3,805

I don't mind white, colors, anything! I'll send some of mine for you Deb. Thanks for sharing :D Good idea!

Karyn

Page 3 of 7 (103 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use