Sarah's Choice Block, Hostess: Kathy G. ~ COMPLETED

rated by 0 users
This post has 102 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

I'm IN!  But before I choose my colors, I need to go back and look at my stash.  I'll try to choose something that adds variety.  Also, has anyone determined the fabric requirements to make 16 blocks if you're using yardage instead of scraps?  I see the supplies list and I can certainly do the math, just figured I'd save myself some time if anyone has it figured out already.  :)

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 6,580
Phyllis replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 9:58 PM

I want in this swap.  My first choice would be brown and blue.  That's what I have in my stash, if that doesn't work, I'll have to go shopping for fabric next weekend after I get paid.  I would have to get back with you on that. 

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 24,665
Debbie replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:30 PM

Wow, almost want to pull out of this swap and keep my blocks, but I won't.  Why didn't I use this fabric before?  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 24,665
Debbie replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:31 PM

Pink has yellow and orange in it.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 11:43 AM

OMG!  Debbie!  Those are just beautiful!  Good work!

Phyllis and Carolyn-I have you two in the mix...Carolyn, let me know your colors when you send your info.

Ony 4 more slots and then we are full!

Thank you for your responses to my question.  Just wanted to be sure we were all on th same page.

Kathy G.

PS  Carolyn-math was never my strong suit.  Please share anything you can figure out with us.  thanks

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 24,665
Debbie replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 3:15 PM

Kathy G:
OMG!  Debbie!  Those are just beautiful!  Good work!
 Thank you, Kathy!  why I never used that fabric before I don't know.  given to me about 7.5 years ago by a neighbor, was her mother's  who had been gone a few years.  

Ok, I have a rather strange request for those in this swap.  You know those little corner pieces we (the off triangle from the side units composed of Color 1 & 3 squares with color 1 rectangle) cut off of the 6.5" piece, when we make the Flying Geese piece.  If anyone is just throwing those pieces away would you save them for me?  I'm going to make small pinwheels for my border and since it's scrappy, would like the border to be also.  I know its crazy but it makes a cute little 2.75" HST.  Thanks!!

Kathy G - would you rather everyone send them directly to me or can they go in with the swap?  If it's too much, just let me know.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 24,665
Debbie replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:30 PM

Ok, here's what i intend to do with the little pieces I asked about.  They make a 5" block I would like to use as my border.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 12:09 AM

I think those little pinwheels are just beautiful.  I will gladly send you my scraps to use.

Had another question posted regarding what fabrics go where...is the tone on tone fabric 1, 2, or 3?  I had intended for the tone on tone to be fabric 3 but in looking at the directions, I can see how that could be confusing.  I am recommending that everyone lay out their blocks and go with the sequece they prefer; however, please be sure that all of your blocks use the same layout.

Hope that makes sense..it sounded better in my head :)

Kathy G

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,820
Candis replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 9:48 AM

I would love to participate!  My color choice is purple and turquoise .  Hope that is not taken if so, I will look at stash and make a 2nd request. Thank you.  Ok 2 nd request is lime green and do purple.  Either one will be great..  Thank you

MODESTO, CA.
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 67
Points 1,100

Carolyn: I sat and figured out the yardage measurements and came up with 3/4 yd. for both fabric 1 and 2, and 1-3/4 for fabric 3.  I hope that these are correct, as I don't do the math part too often, but that's what I purchased so......  if it's wrong...I'll need to head back to the fabric shop.....but I think it's right!!  :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 11:02 AM

Welcome Candis-I have your choices added to the list.

Thank you Tami, for figuring the fabric quantities.

You gals are rockin'!  This is going to be a beautiful collection!

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 11:06 AM

I was looking at our list...only 4 slots left.  The color choices are looking really good.  I think we are probably full with blues, turquois, purples, and pinks.  I think we could use more greens and golds if anyone is thinking about a second set....:)

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,820
Candis replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 11:17 AM

I will change mine to the lime green and purple.  I like that combo better anyway.  Then we will have a green.

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 2:19 PM

Candis-

I made the color change for your first set and added your second set to the list.  Way to go for the gold! (Sorry, couldn't resist *LOL*)

Only 3 more slots...I hear those machines starting to hummm...

Kathy G

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 7:00 PM

I know that you all wait with anxiously for the next tidbits of wonderfulness from me but...

I have been called out of town for work this weekend starting tomorrow and not returning until Sunday night.  I will try to check the website and email but may not be able to access or respond until Monday morning.  Sorry to disconnect for a few days but cannot be helped.

Carry on faithful quilters....carry on!

Kathy G

PS...before I jet...there are two more very cool swaps open at this time...a mug rug swap (it may be full but I think if enough people sign up they will open a second block).  There is also a pillowcase exchange using spring fabric.  These both look like a ton of fun and, yes, I signed up.  Can't seem to get enough of swaps.

Page 2 of 7 (103 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use