Second Annual Winter Theme Layer Cake Swap - Hostess: Caryl Anne

rated by 0 users
This post has 69 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Caryl Anne, you should have received my squishy today. I hope so.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,155

Mine is all set to mail out, but will go out on Monday.  Should only take 2 days to get to you though.  Sorry for the lateness, just got moved to night shift and didn't get around on time to get into today's mail.

Tami T.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi everyone. a little update. I have several packages at the PO to pick up Monday, So be sure that as soon as I can I will PM you that I have your fabrics.

TY all for sending me the information through QCA PM system, as soon as I was able tonight I read all your messages and have written down tracking #. TY again,

I have responded to Karyn, so she doesn't have to go looking for that old conversation. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi swappers, I have sent a PM or email to all of the participants that I picked up tonight. TY 

the first page does have updated information as well. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:46 AM

Second Annual Winter theme layer cake swap is winding down. Y'all sent fabulous fabrics can't wait for you to receive them. HOWEVER, we do have one package that is missing from action. I have contacted the PO to track our tracking #. This message has gone out to our participant as well, so that she is aware of the whereabouts. I want to let you all know that this is the reason we like having the tracking #. I was able to request updates from the PO that are sent into my email while  packages were in transit. Makes life as a host easier.

Now that we know there is one somewhere in IN I was able to put a tracker on that package. Now we will wait on the PO to find our goody bag. 

Thanks again to all who participated this year, truly a pleasure working with you on this the swap. As soon as I hear & receive the package. I will post when I will send them to y'all. Wonder what your plan is for these lovelies. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hello Swappers. I will be going to the PO on Thursday to mail your sweet fabrics. TY all for participating.

Will wait to post in media, this grand THEMED swap. wowow

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

WOOOO HOOOO!!!

Can't wait!!

Thanks Caryl Anne for all your guidance and hardwork (It is hardwork keeping us all in line and communicating!!!)

Thanks again...

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 386
Points 6,625
Phyllis replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 8:21 PM

Thanks Caryl Anne for hosting, you are awesome. Can't wait to get my fabric!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

fabric swap is on it's merry way. It was so much fun having these wonderful fabrics to share. I will post a complete set on Friday evening in media, some of you will receive them earlier than others. I had two participants who sent in returned envelopes that had stamps.  These two may take a few days later.

PLEASE PM me when you receive your package, so I can keep my word doc up to date.

TY again for having participated with our second annual winter theme layer cake swap. wow that's a long title. 

I waited until all packages were in house to open them..I was brought to tears;  I want to thank all of you who sent encouraging messages & the hand made goodies as well as all the fabrics FQ and swatches and oh man, It was heart warming. My words cannot tell you how warm I felt. (((HUGS))) to all. Like a re- birthday. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

A wonderful selection is in store for the participants of the 2nd annual winter theme layer cake swap. It was a delight to see these beautiful fabrics. I know that everyone will be thrilled to have these in their 10” sq stash.

On receiving  # 16’s fabrics, I am sorry to say the fabrics were not accepted. They were cut using the selvage & were not of good quality. They have been returned to that party.
Your fabrics are all numbered for good reason; one to insure everyone has all the different pieces, two if you find a particular fabric you LOVE to have more of, you may contact that person through a PM and find out more information. Love that Idea.

When you open your package, find in the # 16 spot a random set (not your own) since we ended up one short.

I will continue hosting this swap, the fabrics for winter are amazing.

Some of you may receive them today, please send me a PM when they are at your home
Swap is posted to media,
 Thanks again.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 2:51 PM

Caryl Anne, I was not around to be in this swap, But I used to participate about 1 year ago! May I just say, you run your swap beautifully! I have always respected your straight forward demeanor . I stopped doing the old swaps for reasons of bad fabric, bad cutting etc.  I would love to participate in one of your swaps! You also have such wonderful information to share with us all. I do appreciate all the new rules on the swap site!   Bless you!  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 199
Points 3,575

I just want to publicly thank Caryl Anne for dealing with me through this swap. I appreciate your patience and your calm demeanor. Next time, I promise to be more prepared.

Karyn

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 380
emcrorie replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:47 PM

Can't wait!  I snuck a peek at the pic in media!  this is going to be a fun quilt to make!  Has anyone picked a pattern yet?  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi Beth, I have chosen the top for my winter fabrics. I saw this a week or so ago, and immediately fell in love with the ease of this pattern. A new tutorial from Jenny at the MSQC. it is the disappearing pinwheel. so easy and looks perfect for our pieces. I will be using Kona solids in two colors, so that the light and dark will show up. I cut my own layer cakes from yardage to save, since I have to send it on to a quilter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rgQd6asPQs&list=PLD5EF21A981F69C28&feature=c4-overview-vl 

Thank you Candis, Roxana and I have worked to make swaps fun again, welcome back.   I look forward to sharing  a new swap with you soon. I'll open one for late April mailing, watch the swap ideas. & I'll send  a PM at the time so you will catch it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Carol Anne, I just received my package. I also saw the disappearing pinwheel video and was thinking of using it for this swap. LOL, there will probably be more! Thank you again for the swap.

Page 4 of 5 (70 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use