Postage Stamp Scrap Swap, Group 2 - Hostess: Roxana ~ COMPLETED

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 10:26 AM

Sounds like you are really coming along Debbie-do!  I have finished one set of 16 and only have 25 left to do for the second set.  If you need another, I would be glad to do a third set...these are super fast to do!

BTW, in sorting out the cuts for the first set, I broke the rules.  I got a little carried away cutting my scraps(I mean, when there's just a little piece left you might as well cut it up too) so there are some duplicates in the first set but they are all above and beyond the 100 pieces.  Anyone that wants to eliminate duplicates can toss squares that are the same since they are stacked together and everyone else will have a few bonus squares.

Hope everyone else is having as much fun with this one as I am!

Kathy G.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 3:31 PM

Kathy, if you are serious about doing a third set, I'll put you down.

Anyone else?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 4:06 PM

I will be happy to do a third...cannot believe I have that many different fabrics but I haven't even gotten out of my scrap bag yet.  That means only one more slot to fill.

If you have more folks that want to sign up later, let them in and everyone will get a bonus pack:)

Kathy G

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 6:40 AM

We've reached 16 in this group so let's move all the discussion to the first thread. I also moved all the list of names for Group 2 to the introduction of Group 1. The link for Group 1 is Postage Stamp Scrap Swap - Hostess: Roxana.

Thanks everyone!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 3,805

I'd love to join the fun! Is there any room available for one more?

Thank you!
Karyn

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 1:02 AM

Karyn-

I will happily surrender one of my slots to let you in!

Roxana-

Can you update the swap 2 list to show this change?

Thank you!

Kathy G.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 8:28 AM

Karyn Ashley-Smith:

Thank you!
Karyn

Welcome, Karyn. Glad to have you join us. Be sure to read the fabric requirements on the pages of the Fabric Swap Group as well as the introduction to the swaps for all requirements. I also need for you to befriend me and send me your info as stated in the introduction.

Kathy G., I'm changing the Group 2 list to show this change. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 8:34 AM

Roxana:

Karyn Ashley-Smith:

Thank you!
Karyn

Welcome, Karyn. Glad to have you join us. Be sure to read the fabric requirements on the pages of the Fabric Swap Group as well as the introduction to the swaps for all requirements. I also need for you to befriend me and send me your info as stated in the introduction.

Kathy G., I'm changing the Group 2 list to show this change. 

Hi Karyn!  Welcome to the group.  Kathy G, that was so nice of you to give up your space.

What's everyone thinking about doing for the design on this quilt?  There are SO many options!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 3,805

Kathy G:

Karyn-

I will happily surrender one of my slots to let you in!

Roxana-

Can you update the swap 2 list to show this change?

Thank you!

Kathy G.

Thank  you SO much!

Karyn

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 3,805

Debbie-do:

What's everyone thinking about doing for the design on this quilt?  There are SO many options!

I'd love to know this also!

Karyn

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:45 PM

All done.  I cut too many squares so I added about 15 to each pack.  There are definitely duplicates in the packages and after throwing in the extras, there may be a triple in some but since there are extra I hope that's ok.  If not, let me know and I'll try to get the triples out.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 3,805

Debbie-do:

All done.  I cut too many squares so I added about 15 to each pack.  There are definitely duplicates in the packages and after throwing in the extras, there may be a triple in some but since there are extra I hope that's ok.  If not, let me know and I'll try to get the triples out.

If anyone has a problem with duplicates/extras, feel free to put them in my baggie *grin* I'll go on the record and say extras/duplicates are fine for me!

Karyn

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 10:01 AM

For those of you who are finished, please do not mail the packages to me until after the first of the year.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 10:10 AM

Just a reminder that mail date is January 22 but you can ship anytime now. If you are in more than one group, please mark the outside of a large baggie with the correct number. Also, be certain you are sending enough envelopes for return. We are still planning to hand out the swap at the Branson Retreat if you plan to be there but send envelopes anyway since things happen. You'll get them back unused if you make it to the retreat.

From the introduction:  Package each 100 squares into a sandwich baggie (no baggies with zippers, please) and prepare 16 baggies and mail them to me in aLEGAL size flat-rate envelope. ….  Include a pre-paid self addressed LEGAL size flat-rate envelope for the return of the swap. NO STAMPS PLEASE! Order your prepaid envelopes from USPS at USPS.com and order them when you sign up so that you will have them in time. Place INSIDE your return envelope a note to the Post Office with your name and address on it incase the envelope should be destroyed in transit. I will securely tape everywhere I can. …. Ship PRIORITY mail so that you have a tracking number and PM me the tracking number once you have shipped. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 12:18 PM

A TIP for MAILING.... I placed my 100 squares in the SNACK size baggies. They went into the envelopes so much easier.

Page 3 of 4 (51 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use