rated by 0 users
This post has 170 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:56 PM

Thank you Debbie-do and Roxanna!

2 of 3 pkgs waiting for me at home tonight...bet the straggler shows up tomorrow!

Good work everyone!  SOOOO many pretty fabrics!

Kathy G.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Points 3,395

Thank you Roxana and Debbie-do

My package was waiting for me tonight in the mail.  Thanks to everyone the assortment is fabulous.  I had to chuckle because I tend to collect certain colors and kinds of prints and I was really concerned that my stuff would not be good for the swap, but when I looked through everything I got in my package I had to look at the address label to find mine. LOl I forgot what some of them looked like.  I have no idea what I am going to do with them unlike all of you extremely organized and creative people with the exception of  something for my daughter since I am going to be a brand new grandma in Aug. Thank you Lord!!!  

Kerry g

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:54 PM

Congratulations on the new grandchild, Kerry. I'm so glad you liked your fabrics.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 4,830
Kristie replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 8:30 AM

First package arrived here yesterday and the second has been checked in at the local PO.  They took very interesting routes to get here!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Feb 24 2014 10:44 PM

Thank you so much roxanna for putting this swap together it was my first swap ever, and i loved it so thank you for enabling me to take part.

Thank you to everyone for such lovely fabrics, they are all wonderful.

Debbie-do i bet next time you think about mentioning something you will think twice, girls this all came about because Debbie-do said she wanted do do a postage stamp quilt at some moment in time, and i offered to send her some of my fabrics, then the idea snowballed.

As for what i will do with well this is the plan i will use EPP of course.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 8,920
Judi replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 1:30 AM

Roxana, please forgive me for not letting you know I received all my cute postage stamps.  I have been a bit under the weather as I foolishly decided that since a shoveled the fluffy snow, that I could manage to clear a bit more after the last very wet snow.  My back did not agree.  I then managed to aggravate my wrist moving myself as I was flat on my back for a week.

happily, the back is better.  We've had an exciting week as my youngest son became engaged to a lovely and wonderful girl.  My baby daughter, all of 24, has decided to get an apartment near to her job.  Boo hoo for me.  I will miss her since she finished her last years at Temple near us and lived home!  Sat. Nite we will all find out the gender of "Itsy Bitsy" who one of my other son and wife are expecting!

Now I just need time to sew!

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 8:04 PM

Here's the first window of my project.  I actually just finished the 2nd window, but no picture.  About to start the 3rd one, but want to watch Grimm!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 587
Points 10,160
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 11:50 PM

beve99, 

I have never done one of these, I looked on you tube to see how it's done. My question to you is, do you hand stitch this, or can it be done on the sewing machine. ?

This will be fun to see how it all turns out.  It looks nice so far.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 12:26 PM

Hey zoetc49,

The instructions I found are hand stitched.  I suppose you could machine stitch some of the seams, but there would still be some hand stitching involved.  The background is done like pillows & then ironed flat & the "windows" are like applique.  You don't want those stitches showing on the back.  I'm going to do about 5 windows before I sew them together.  I've got a business trip later this week, so it may be next weekend before I get to that step.  I will post an update.  I'm also excited to see how it comes together!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,510
Pat replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 2:06 PM

Hi......just to let you know, postage stamps are in canada but haven't received yet....looked 

Ike it went into customs beginning of last week.....thanks. Pat

Pat   From Canada

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 4:53 PM

Thanks, Pat. I'll look forward to a post or email from you. QCA hasn't been dependable for me lately. I'll be glad to know they are safely home!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 4:57 PM

Judi:

Roxana, please forgive me for not letting you know I received all my cute postage stamps.  I have been a bit under the weather as I foolishly decided that since a shoveled the fluffy snow, that I could manage to clear a bit more after the last very wet snow.  My back did not agree.  I then managed to aggravate my wrist moving myself as I was flat on my back for a week.

happily, the back is better.  We've had an exciting week as my youngest son became engaged to a lovely and wonderful girl.  My baby daughter, all of 24, has decided to get an apartment near to her job.  Boo hoo for me.  I will miss her since she finished her last years at Temple near us and lived home!  Sat. Nite we will all find out the gender of "Itsy Bitsy" who one of my other son and wife are expecting!

Now I just need time to sew!

Judi, hope you are feeling better now. We have ice forecast for today here. Such a strange winter for Arkansas!

Congratulations on the new additions coming to your family -- the daughter-in-law to be and "Itsy Bitsy"! Good luck wishes to all, including your daughter and her move.

So tell us, did you learn the gender of the new baby last night?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 4:59 PM

Beve99... 

I love your cathedral window. Just how many will you have to do to make a quilt? Looks industrious to me! Good luck!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 5:46 PM

hey Roxana,

I'm calculating over 1500 windows.  I haven't calculated how many background squares.  I'm thinking about doing a queen size quilt.  It does look like a lot of work, but it goes real fast.  I can knock out the background & a window in one night, if it's not my night to cook or I'm not working on Lily's quilt.  I do any ironing needed in the morning while I'm ironing my clothes for the day. 

I had no idea this pattern existed & I didn't know what I'd be doing with my postage stamps.  Luckily, someone posted it on a fb page I follow, so when I saw it I was hooked!  It's going to take about 25 yards of background fabric.  I ordered that around the same time you said we were waiting on one more package, so everything came in the same week! 

I can't wait to get the first 5 windows done, so I can sew them together & then do the filler windows & see how it's going to shape up!

I'm also thinking about doing a couple pillow cases.  We'll have to redecorate the bedroom when it's finished.  :-B

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 587
Points 10,160
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 7:11 PM

Wow, 25 yards of back ground fabric.... It will be a warm quilt. I know it will be really pretty and worth the effort.   

Page 11 of 12 (171 items) «Prev89101112Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use