Points 24,085
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:42 PM

Thanks, Kathy.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,760
beve99 replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:51 AM

I was in a frenzy this weekend!  Got 30 fabrics cut & ready to go.  Hoping to get a lot done on Wednesday.  Missing my "work" from home days. ;-)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 535
Points 9,320
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 10:06 AM

I got up this morning determine to get all the rest of the squares cut- got it done : )  I had cut extras, so I just added a few more to each bag. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,378
Points 24,085
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 10:10 AM

Just a reminder that mail dat is January 22 but you can ship anytime now. If you are in more than one group, please mark the outside of a large baggie with the correct number. Also, be certain you are sending enough envelopes for return. We are still planning to hand out the swap at the Branson Retreat if you plan to be there but send envelopes anyway since things happen. You'll get them back unused if you make it to the retreat.

From the introduction:  Package each 100 squares into a sandwich baggie (no baggies with zippers, please) and prepare 16 baggies and mail them to me in aLEGAL size flat-rate envelope. ….  Include a pre-paid self addressed LEGAL size flat-rate envelope for the return of the swap. NO STAMPS PLEASE! Order your prepaid envelopes from USPS at USPS.com and order them when you sign up so that you will have them in time. Place INSIDE your return envelope a note to the Post Office with your name and address on it incase the envelope should be destroyed in transit. I will securely tape everywhere I can. …. Ship PRIORITY mail so that you have a tracking number and PM me the tracking number once you have shipped. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 2:27 PM

Roxanna,

Im halfway through should be finished by the end of this week and will post it with some US dollars inside  (since i cant get an international pre paid envelope) and if someone would be a sweetie and throw it back to me, it would be much appreciated all being well will be posted next saturday any probs let me know i have hassle getting on here so am more often than not on facebook or snickerdoodle, by the way i messaged you on facebook did you see it.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,378
Points 24,085
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 12:17 PM

A TIP for MAILING.... I placed my 100 squares in the SNACK size baggies. They went into the envelopes so much easier.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,378
Points 24,085
Roxana replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 2:57 PM

PLEASE NOTE FROM THE INTRODUCTION:

1. Package each 100 squares into a sandwich baggie (no baggies with zippers, please) and prepare 16 baggies and mail them to me in a LEGAL size flat-rate envelope. ….  Include a pre-paid self addressed LEGAL size flat-rate envelope for the return of the swap. NO STAMPS PLEASE! Order your prepaid envelopes from USPS at USPS.com and order them when you sign up so that you will have them in time. Place INSIDE your return envelope a note to the Post Office with your name and address on it incase the envelope should be destroyed in transit. I will securely tape everywhere I can. …. Ship PRIORITY mail so that you have a tracking number and PM me the tracking number once you have shipped. 
  2. NOTE: If you are planning to come to the Branson Retreat, I'll plan to bring the other side of the swap to you then and you'll have your envelope for another swap! Send it just in case plans change. One never knows.

You are to include a LEGAL size flat-rate envelope for the return of the swap. NO STAMPS PLEASE!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,378
Points 24,085
Roxana replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 8:48 PM

Hey, everyone. Did you realize that we are just 20 days from mail date? How is everyone doing on their squares? I'm beginning to receive them from some of you. These are going to be some great quilts.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 159
Points 2,940
Kathy G replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:10 PM

20 DAYS!!!! That means everybody has time to sign up for the Sarah's choice swap!!!  Check it out and sign up today!

Kathy G

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 11:14 PM

Hi Roxanna,

I should be finished today i was cutting them yesterday as well, my Dad wondered what i had been doing since he said i was walking around like an 85 year old (bending over the table rotary cutting plays my back up) I told him that the 85 year old walked better than I did.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

Roxana:

PLEASE NOTE FROM THE INTRODUCTION:

1. Package each 100 squares into a sandwich baggie (no baggies with zippers, please) and prepare 16 baggies and mail them to me in a LEGAL size flat-rate envelope. ….  Include a pre-paid self addressed LEGAL size flat-rate envelope for the return of the swap. NO STAMPS PLEASE!

Will little plastic goodie sacks be okay? I just looked and EVERY BAG I OWN has a zipper! Really?? I thought the Chinese food joints were taking over the world...maybe it's the people who put the zippers on bags? Just let me know....if that's okay, I'll ransack the wrapping supplies and hopefully get these out tomorrow (and you guys will get an adorable little plastic bag with hearts or snowmen or something on them....or maybe a jungle theme from my daughters bday party....)

Karyn

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,378
Points 24,085
Roxana replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 9:55 PM

Karyn, that will work. The goal is to get them all in the legal sized envelope. Those zippers just take up too much room! LOL!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

Ok! Just finished cutting and am off to find some bags...if all else fails I'll just snip the zipper off :) are they staying in the bags we send them in? (ok to tape it if need be?)

Also..... has anyone given any thought to what they are going to do with 1600 2" squares? Any particular pattern, or just a random PS quilt?

Thanks!

I'm getting excited! Maybe because I saw the variety I had and can't wait to see that X 16!! WHOO HOO!!!

Karyn

(do I have your address somewhere???)

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,378
Points 24,085
Roxana replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 11:04 PM

Karyn, you should have my address but I sent it to you again by PM.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,378
Points 24,085
Roxana replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 11:07 PM

Mimi:

I just uncovered a quilt pattern I've wanted to make for a long time.  It's called, "Are You Kidding Me?" by Geoff's Mom Patten Co.  She uses 1 1/2" squares but I thought I'd just adapt it for this swap.  She made her's using the same fabric for each nine patch.  I'm going scrappy.

Karyn, this is a previous post of a pattern some of us are doing. Also, if you look at The Curious Quilter Blog mentioned in the introduction on page 1, I think you'll see some more suggestions. You will get a variety of squares back - a much larger variety than I think any of us could have accumulated on our own.

Page 7 of 12 (169 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use