Postage Stamp Scrap Swap - Hostess: Roxana ~ COMPLETED

rated by 0 users
This post has 170 Replies | 26 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 45
Merry replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:42 AM

Help, I can't figure out how to send you my sign up info!

MerryBee

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:54 AM

I sent you a PM that you can reply to. If you can't figure that out, let me know. I also included my private email address which may be easier for you.

To send anyone a PM (or conversation as QCA calls them), click on their name in the posting box. It usually shows up in red at the beginning of the post. Then since we are friends, you can choose START A CONVERSATION to the right of my picture on my HOME page (where your clicking to you to). And then type in the information you want to send privately.

Never, EVER, give personal information in a post since these are open to the world of the internet. Always use a PM or conversation to do that.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 25,980
Debbie replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 10:56 PM

Roxana:
I can take it out if you all think that it's unnecessary. (You're the second person to ask me.) I use Ziploc baggies but they have a seal without the zipper. Does that make sense?

yes, now it makes sense, because I use ziploc baggies and have 2 boxes of 100 each so really didn't want to buy more.  they are the ones that just seal, no zippers, though so I'm good.  Have 80 of each set of 16 cut so almost done.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 7:41 AM

Only four more spots left in the 2nd Postage Stamp Swap if you were thinking of doing two.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 3:12 PM

Debbie:

Have 80 of each set of 16 cut so almost done.   

Wow!  Debbie!  I have 16 of 3 fabrics done.  Consumed by those HSTs on the MQ9.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,586
Points 47,680
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 1:03 PM

I have cut and am sorting all of the fabric that I brought with me. I am up to 32 bags of about 57 squares in each bag. I might have to raid my sisters stash while she's sleeping! Lol... I have several more nights and days here and need to keep my hands busy!

I brought some epp to work on and have finished all the basting. I spose I can put some pieces together. ..

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 1:55 PM

Do we need to over night you some fabric? LOL! .... But also a bit serious...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,586
Points 47,680
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 4:17 PM

That's funny.  I figure I'll be able to get the rest cut in 3 months after I get home :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,374
Points 37,420
Linda replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 4:26 PM

So many of you are half or almost done! How do you do it? I think I may have cut 20 squares total. How long has it taken you? I'm beginning to get scared here! I'm trying to get ready for a quilt show on Oct. 26. I don't have much time before then. Plus I have to get Secret Santa box ready but that is more than half done. I got tired cutting 20 squares. Is there a secret to this? Help!!!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,586
Points 47,680
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 4:42 PM

I've been cutting at night while watching tv. I'm not home right now so I don't have the regular chores and interruptions. The great thing about this swap is we have months to do all the cutting! 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 11:09 PM

Linda,

Dont worry im at about the same as you, I had some squares which were supposed to be one of the MQ so im recutting some of them down to 2"  and i only cut for a short while because it plays up my back. I think once i start cutting 2" strips and then down to 2" squares it should be quicker. I think maybe some of the girls are using a Accuquilt machine (or similar) I think im getting one next month Woohoo.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,374
Points 37,420
Linda replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 3:09 AM

Frances:

Linda,

Dont worry im at about the same as you, I had some squares which were supposed to be one of the MQ so im recutting some of them down to 2"  and i only cut for a short while because it plays up my back. I think once i start cutting 2" strips and then down to 2" squares it should be quicker. I think maybe some of the girls are using a Accuquilt machine (or similar) I think im getting one next month Woohoo.

lots of love

Francesxx

Lucky you, Frances. I cannot afford an Accuquilt and I really don't want one. I'm trying to use up all the smaller pieces of fabric in my stash. While I'm cutting I see a fabric that will look great in the quilt I want to make with all these squares and I just can't put them in the swap. So my dilemma goes on...it will take me forever to fill 16 bags!!

Hugs.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 5:50 AM

Not that anyone needs to stress over getting squares cut but what I'm doing is choosing 20 random scraps, cutting 16 sets of each every once in a while. As I cut other quilts, like MQ9, I'm also cutting for the swap.  That way it's not a specific cutting time but I'm always cutting as I go along.  I've got 80 in each of my first baggies too with no repeats.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 7:22 PM

Linda, I'm not using my Accuquilt. I had lots of small scraps so I'm cutting several at the same time. I just cut about 16-35 a day. That way, my bags will be full before I know it. I do think they are easy to cut. It's relaxing to me. A no thinking required type of skill! You'll get there!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 25,980
Debbie replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 7:34 PM

gosh, I hate to say it, but mine are all cut and bagged.  It was therapeutic and addictive once I started. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 50
Page 3 of 12 (171 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use