Red and White Happy Hearts Swap - Hostess: Kathy G

rated by 0 users
This post has 144 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 8:41 PM

WOW Roxana!  Around here the gorgeous art quilt in ladt year's  silent auction for our family and children's services that had 450+ attending didn't get more than $250!  

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,382
Points 24,135
Roxana replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 10:23 AM

This is the display of the quilt for the auction! I just wanted to share.

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 10:30 AM

Lovely Roxana-  and I'm so glad that it did well.  What did you end up naming it?

(I also like your border which I'm going to steal for my own)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 687
Points 11,190
Candis replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 10:49 AM

Roxana this is so lovely, I am so impressed by the Amt. that was raised! Like others I think the best my Charity quilts have for is maybe 800.00. So this is really impressive! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pic...

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,382
Points 24,135
Roxana replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 12:19 PM

Kristie:

Lovely Roxana-  and I'm so glad that it did well.  What did you end up naming it?

(I also like your border which I'm going to steal for my own)

Thanks. Kristie, the theme for this year's Heart Ball was "Ignite" so we called it "Hearts Ignited"!

Many thanks for all the wonderful comments. You are such a great group of friends!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 8:33 PM

Using the heart stand is a cute way to display the quilt. Congrats again on that grand total.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

I wasn't in this swap, but have been following along from time-to-time since I get all the swaps conversations in my email.  I just had to chime in here..

Roxana, that is wonderful and so inspiring that it brought so much money!  I have been thinking about making a quilt to donate to an auction for my favorite charity, but I usually only can get a few quilts finished each year, so I haven't gotten to that one yet.  I wanted to ask you for some advice if I do the same next year... usually at that sort of event, they have a stated value and a starting bid.  What did they enter as the value and the starting bid for your quilt?

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,382
Points 24,135
Roxana replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 12:19 PM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

I wasn't in this swap, but have been following along from time-to-time since I get all the swaps conversations in my email.  I just had to chime in here..

Roxana, that is wonderful and so inspiring that it brought so much money!  I have been thinking about making a quilt to donate to an auction for my favorite charity, but I usually only can get a few quilts finished each year, so I haven't gotten to that one yet.  I wanted to ask you for some advice if I do the same next year... usually at that sort of event, they have a stated value and a starting bid.  What did they enter as the value and the starting bid for your quilt?

Carolyn,

My LQS owner gave me a formula that I think I will post maybe to a blog I can create on here. It really helped in giving a base price and kept the quilt from going for too low a price. Let me figure that out and I will post a link here. It helped me tremendously.

My DH said I needed to get the info on here.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,382
Points 24,135
Roxana replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 1:08 PM

Here's a link to my blog post on the value of a quilt:

What's a Quilt Worth??

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 2:27 PM

I guess my king sized quilts come in at about $800!  Thanks for this info.  My daughter wanted me to make a machine appliqué ABCs child sized quilt and donate it to a silent auction.  I told her the starting price would need to be at least $200 and I thought no one would even bid.

Page 10 of 10 (145 items) «Prev678910
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use