Red and White Happy Hearts Swap - Hostess: Kathy G

rated by 0 users
This post has 144 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 1:32 PM

Welcome Rhonnie!  I have you on the list and look forward to seeing your happy hearts!

I will send a friend request with all contact information.

Kathy G.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 1:33 PM

Roxanna-second set-Got it!

Only one more spot left ladies....who's gonna fill it???

Kathy G.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 380
emcrorie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:45 PM

Just curious...how does it work when someone does more then one set?  If there are 16 of us, and we trade 16 squares...where do the extra squares for their extra sets come from?  New to swapping, and trying to learn :)

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 3:11 PM

Good question...If you sign up to do a second set, you fill a second slot in the participant list.  When you make your blocks, you make 2 sets of 16 using different fabric just as if you were 2 people and then you get 2 sets back. 

When everyone sends in their blocks, I will make 16 stacks of blocks(one for each participant slot).  After the blocks are sorted, I will send a set to each participant with those that signed up for double sets getting 2 stacks of 16 back.

Hope that makes sense...it sounded better in my head.

Kathy G.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,480
Points 24,670
Debbie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 6:06 PM

Ok, had to look when these were due but Dec 1 is doable.  Sign me up for second set.  Thinking I 'll use one for front snd one for backing, reversible quilt.  have plenty of time to find material and make these,  done with first16 and it was a really easy block. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:45 PM

WOO HOO!!!

Debbie you made number 16!

Okay ladies....cut, cut, sew, sew!

Happy hearts are beating all around!

Kathy G.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,779
Points 30,855
Roxana replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:04 PM

Kathy G:

WOO HOO!!!

Listen to Kathy celebrate! That makes this swap complete! Good work, everyone!

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 380
emcrorie replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 10:12 AM

Hello,

I have a question about pre-washing the fabrics. I asked it over in the winter theme thread, and was pointed back over here since it has to do with this swap:

I understand that we do not pre-wash for yardage swaps (learned that yesterday!)  But for the hearts swap, I am using reds from my stash that were washed when I bought them, but the white on white is new. (white on white dragonflies..how cute is that?)  Should I wash the white?  or should I go get new reds and not wash them? and with the reds, if we don't pre-wash, will we end up with pink quilts if we don't pre-wash?  sorry if I am over thinking, I just want to get it right.

I do know about color catchers, but if you are giving away the quilt, the recipient probably does not.  Do you include instructions?  

thanks!

Beth

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 8:48 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding...busy, busy, busy at work.

Pre-washing fabric is a timeless debate like the chicken and the egg.  I would not wash fabrics at this point.  If you have prewashed fabrics in your stash, it should be okay to use them as I suspect that everyone has a mixture in their stash.  In regards to bleeding colors, I always wash my quilts for the first time with a Shout Color Catcher (I also include one with washing instructions when giving a quilt for a gift or donation).

I hope this is helpful and thank you for being so thoughtful in regards to the final product.

Kathy

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 380
emcrorie replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 10:49 AM

thank you!  I am going to be cutting today...wish me luck lol

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 380
emcrorie replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 4:00 PM

My first practice heart.  I made the seams a little big and so it's not quite 12.5 inches.  Next one will be better.  Are all white on whites pretty thin?  I got mine at a quilt shop, but it still seems thinner then other fabrics.  And this is the quietest group of quilters I have ever met! lol

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 12:35 AM

Yes I agree emcrorie. It seems as if we have been abandoned but I know they are hiding here somewhere. I myself get too envolved with the animals, garden and veggies, or sewing to even check Facebook. 

Emcrorie your block looks very nice. I bought my fabrics Tuesday for mine. I got done with my last project and pulled them out to start. I was getting my instructions out and yep phone rang. It of course was my son wanting moms help so off I went and so it will have to wait til probably Monday now.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 12:54 AM

Pretty pretty block EM!  The white on white is just like any other...they each have their own feel and depth. I anticipate there will likely be some variation in terms of feel and texture.  I'm sure your fabric will be great.  Remember, this is about having fun, not comparing yourself to the others to be sure you measure up.  You're already one of the girls and we're very glad you picked us.  That fact alone insures you are the best:>)

Kathy G

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 380

just checking in! how's everyone doing with their hearts?  i liked this pattern so much, I have decided to make a multi-color one as the center of my charm quilt :)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 390
Points 4,875
Kristie replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 10:13 AM

Doing fine-  have to go get some more red fabric-oops!  

Page 5 of 10 (145 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use