2nd Blue and White Star Block Swap - Hostess: Judi

rated by 0 users
This post has 117 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Judi you can mail whenever you want I  was just looking for an update. not all in this group is in group 1. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,600
Judi replied on Tue, Dec 24 2013 1:20 PM

The blocks were mailed out today. 

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year.  

"Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me,". Wishing all of you peace.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

blocks arrived 14  don't understand why I got back 4 of my own and 3 from Kathy G +7 different ones. someone is going to be very short.  Pretty batik Kathy. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,600
Judi replied on Fri, Dec 27 2013 8:56 PM

If there is a shortage, it will be me!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

I got both sets today. Thank you again, Judy for host this swap.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 305

Judi,

I received mine. They are all so beautiful. Thank you for hosting this swap.

May you have a blessed New Year to come.

Kathy B.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,600
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:12 PM

I want to apologize to any of you that have not been happy with this swap.  I have been sent one very nasty message that has upset me greatly.  I hosted this swap only because it thought it would be fun and bring some joy to us.  I have been told that the words "beauty and glee" are objectionable and that I am incompetent.

i am sorry that all 12 swappers were unable for whatever reasons to send blocks.  I had thought that the idea was to have 12 different blocks.  Some wanted all the I swapped of theirs back.  I tried to do that.  In the few cases where I used one of theirs to make a set for the first swap(which also had several drop outs) I added another block.  In this one person who was so insistent, I did not take one of hers so she would get more of hers back.  I really liked hers, tho.  

Almost everyone has been so nice.  I guess mt third grade teacher was right, it only takes one bad apple.

if the disgruntled quilter is so upset, please message me your email and I will send you the $12 you paid to mail. 

I appoloze to all of you for including you in this mess, but if anyone else is so inclined, I will do the same for you.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,600
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:14 PM

Kathy G was in both swaps and signed up for 2 spots on the 2nd swap.  Since I obviously sent one of your to one of the 1st group, I added in one from that group and I didn't take one of yours.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Judy - I think you did a great job hosting this seemingly hectic swap. I did not help with being so late and now, I also realize, I sent 16 each set instead of 12 each set. So sorry you have had to deal with all these problems. My mind just went blank over the last 2 months. I am so, so very sorry I complicated everything for you. You should not take the brunt of anyone's anger. I take full responsibility. Again, I am so sorry.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,600
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 9:15 PM

Now I know why there were extras!  I know we all have those times when our minds go blank.  Too much work, too many things to do and too much grief.  I know that I was really blank after we lost our son.  It was too painful to think about anything. Even when I was able to function again, I often felt like there was stuff going on and I had no clue.  

I appreciate your kindness.  I really needed it.  It's only one person so I have unfriended her.  I have never done that before, even on facebook.  I just don't want to read any more mean and nasty messages.  I am sorry she is disappointed.  All of us are not perfect quilters.  Just like she, I did get some blocks that were a bit wonky or whatever, but that is just the way swaps go.  I figure that I do my best work and everyone else does theirs.  We are all on different places on our skills and we learn from each other.  That is what makes us each unique.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 325

Got back from holiday today and my blocks were waiting for me.   No sour grapes from me.  Thank you all for your stars and especially to Judi who had to deal with some petty comments and unfortunate situations.  Makes me have second thoughts about taking on being a hostess sometime

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:08 AM

Judi -

I'm so sorry you had an awful experience in hosting this swap.  I think you did a great job and hope you won't let one person's sour grapes affect you hosting again, but I can understand what you are feeling.  Thank you for hosting and have a very Happy, Happy, Happy New Year!   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:37 PM

Sewgirl Diane:

....  Makes me have second thoughts about taking on being a hostess sometime

Please don't think that way. Hosting can be a joyful experience. Thanks, Judi, for hosting this and the other block swap. 

Page 8 of 8 (118 items) «Prev45678
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use