This post has 117 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 2:18 PM

Judi:
So nicely made

Thanks for letting me know they arrived.  Glad you like them.  I hope others will too.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 4:51 PM

Dear CaryleAnne

i apologize if I offended you. That was definitely not my intention. I guess I am just frustrated by not hearing anything.  Believe me, I know how busy everyone is and that life throws us sometimes.  I was just afraid that those who are waiting to get their swap might think I wasn't doing what I was supposed to do.

i think that perhaps I was not clear enough about the date. For that, I am sorry.  

I was trying to let you know that I was glad to have your blocks and how beautiful they are. And they are. This was not disparaging anyone else. 

I am chastised. I am apologetic. I just hope everyone understands that I just want to wait for all the blocks to come in before I mail them back. I was supposed to have mailed them back by 11/15.  I really was afraid that someone might think I just didn't bother. 

can we put this to rest and make up like the adults we are?  I will wait to do the swap mailing until December 5.  I just didn't want to get into the holiday postal nightmares. If everyone is okay with this. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,392
Points 24,230
Roxana replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 4:58 PM

Judi, I think everyone will be fine with a December 5 mail date. Just please send tracking numbers by PM to the ones who weren't able to send them originally so they'll know where the blocks are.

Did you find Erin's and Laura's? I think they both had sent theirs in October. Let us know.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 6:08 PM

Judi:
 I just didn't want to get into the holiday postal nightmares. If everyone is okay with this. 

Judi, Dec 5th is fine with me.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,416
Points 62,210
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 6:16 PM

OK with me too,Judi.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 19,400

I think I might be the problem here. I have just sent mine today as I have had a devastating month financially. i apologize to everyone who is waiting on me. I was understanding that we were to have them to Judy by the 15th and I am late. I hope you will all forgive me for my tardiness.

Judi, I will PM the tracking number to you.

Again, I am so so sorry.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I was wrong in posting the PM Judi sent to me, however in my own defense Judi should have posted the exact apology instead of one that seemed best for her.

I apologize to all the participants here for my conduct & I apologize to Roxana and to Judi for the  unladylike  behavior.  

Dec 5th is fine with me as I have much Christmas orders to get out of my sewing room. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 9:47 PM

Judi:
I will wait to do the swap mailing until December 5.

Any day you decide you can mail is fine with me, Judi. I certainly won't be working on putting them together any time soon. LOL

If I could just add my two cents....Swaps are supposed to be fun.  I accept that all quilters are at different places on their quilting journey.  So when I enter a swap, I knowingly accept the excellent effort of everyone involved no matter where they are on the journey.  That would include the people that run the swap and the people who exchange the goods.  I also understand that life gets in the way of plans and expectations.  Sometimes delays just can't be helped.  No one is to blame for any of this.  It's just turns out we are all human, although we would like to believe we're super human. I make mistakes all the time. Not on purpose to hurt someone but accidentally because I'm a flawed, imperfect human.

This time of year puts lots of pressure on all of us to get everything done perfectly.  We are all in a tizzy to get things done quickly. To check things off the list because we realize we have said yes to more things than we can handle comfortably in the given time period.  And as deadlines draw nearer, we become more demanding of ourselves and others.    Let's try to remember that we all love to quilt, we all try to do what's best for our sewing sisters, and we want to have fun doing it. And that is enough in my book.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 10:46 PM

Mimi:
Let's try to remember that we all love to quilt, we all try to do what's best for our sewing sisters
     Well said Mimi ! And after reading all thats been said by a certain member and, not the first time, is why I no longer participate in swaps.     Susan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 11:41 PM

Can we just let this go?  I have apologized publically and privately. I have no hard feelings.  Melissa, you have gotten in touch with me. I understand financial and personal issues. I just have not heard anything from several, not one in particular but several members of the swap. I do not know if they are still participating or not.  

If you gave not sent blocks, can you please just give me a heads up to whether I do should expect them or if you just aren't able to get them to me?  Jyst private message me. I don't need a reason.  I just need to know if they are coming or not. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 11:51 PM

Mimi, I figure that since we are only about an hour apart, we could have used a horse and buggy instead of the Postal Service.  It would have been faster.  The PO ended up making a semi Special Delivery. I get my mail around 10 am.  The package came at 5 pm. I had already grabbed my mail at lunch!  Crazy!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Tue, Nov 26 2013 5:53 AM

Judi:
we could have used a horse and buggy instead of the Postal Service.  It would have been faster.

I agree.  I'm wondering if when you send everything back to me if it will be faster or not.  I have a feeling the problem is here at my end of the postal system but we will see.  Thanks for running this swap, Judi.  You're doing a great job.  Have a great time with your family and friends during this holiday season.  How special (and frantic) that you have two to celebrate together.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:59 AM

I shipped the first set yesterday.

I am still waiting on one set that have been promised. I will wait until My mail is delivered on Monday morning. Since that is one month after the date, I don't think it is fair to everyone else to wait unless you all don't mind waiting. 

The blocks are beautiful. I have tried to make this a fun swap.  If there have been any problems, blame me. I know I can't please everyone all the time, but I am trying. 

I have learned a few things doing this swap that I think can help other hostesses make it easier. 

1.  Have a longer sign up time

2.  Get email and addresses of the oarticipants

3.  Be more exact on the details of the swap

4.  If you can get a phone number, it is helpful

5.  It is good to have one or two people who might be subs.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Dec 16 2013 10:56 AM

Any update on the mailing to group #2. I will be going away for a few days to family of Michael's and I want to let my neighbor know if I am to receive a package. After all this I do not want to be loosing a package , y'all know from the news that people actually watch porches and follow USPS and UPS through neighborhoods. Disgusting I know , but I don't want to be one of those statistics. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 23 2013 3:41 PM

I accidently posted on the other thread. I waited for a set of blocks that I was promised would be mailed. They have not come. I was told by Roxanna that most would prefer to wait until after the holiday.  Obviously I was wrong. I will have them out tomorrow. 

Page 7 of 8 (118 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use