rated by 0 users
This post has 117 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 1:24 PM

Judi:
Please, please get them in the mail to me.

Mine went out yesterday.  I sent you a tracking number in a PM.  I am also tracking since I had such a problem last time.  It seems the package has left the Philly center and is on its way to your PO.  Hope you get it on Monday.

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Oh heck Kathy this swap is not about stress. I am doing my first block swap as well, I think sometimes we are harder on ourself as we want everything perfect for our group. I want to assure you that there are several of us who had problems with our stars. Perhaps we have not had good patterns to go by  or we are just not doing our scant 1/4" seam or we didn't cut precisely. I was going to redo several, and only did three that were just not going to get to the 12.5" sq. I did have another three that only measured 12 & 38" so there are some threads that just didn't work . But I was not going to remake all of them. Please read the pages before that others said they were having trouble.  I made sure that he ends for the stars are going to line up and I sent them. ALl is good as long as everyone did their best. 

Now for Judi, if you do not have your blocks back and they were to be mailed back to the participants, you will need to PM those persons asap and let Roxana know, then divide the squares you have and mail them back .
mailing date was Friday the 15th so you should fins out who you will be waiting on. IMHO there are a few persons who wait until the last day to mail them, so do not over stress on that Judi. Post squares arrive in  - 3 days priority mail. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 9:16 PM

Thanks, CarylAnne. Judi, I sent you a PM. .... You almost have to give Group 2 at least a full week before you close out and mail the swap. Since yesterday was the day to mail, I wouldn't think you'd even have them all until Thanksgiving if the HST swap was a good example. ....

If you are in Swap 2 and haven't mailed your blocks yet, would you please PM both Judi and me?

Thanks all. 

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 305

Judi,

I sent my star blocks Saturday am. I sent you a pm with the tracking #. Did you receive it? They said the package should be there on Monday 11/18/2013. She put the self addressed priority envelope inside. I paid for the postage here and she put the postage on the envelope and said they would put the tracking # on it when you dropped it off at the PO. I asked about the envelopes everyone on the site was takIng about but she had no idea what I was taking about.

Thank you for hosting this swap.

Kathy B.

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 10,055
Judi replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 10:53 PM

Yes, Kathy. I received the info. I thought I messages you back but I guess I didn't. Thank you so much for letting me know that your package was sent. I will pist all that I receive tomorrow. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 10,055
Judi replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 4:37 PM

Kathy, I received them today.. They are fabulous.  And thank you for the gifts.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 6:00 AM

Judi,  I'm so mad at the USPS in Philly.  My blocks have been bouncing around all over the place since last Friday as I track them.  Please understand this is not my problem.  It's the post office.  First they were in Philadelphia; then somewhere else in Philly; then back to Lansdale where they sat for 3 days.  Now they're back in Philadelphia.  What a mess. Hope you get them by Friday but who knows.  I'm sorry we have such an unorganized PO in this area.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 415
FRANNYE replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 9:28 AM

JUDI,

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DID FOR THIS SWAP. I WISH I WOULD OF THOUGHT TO INCLUDE A SMALL GIFT TO YOU. HOWEVER I PRAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING AND MAY WE SEW TOGETHER AGAIN.

FRANNYE

P.S. I LOVED THE GRANNY MESSAGE I GET THAT A LOT. LOL!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 10,055
Judi replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 10:20 AM

I have no received them. I will be on the look out tomorrow. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 10,055
Judi replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 10:36 AM

Judi:

Here are the guidelines for the  2nd Blue and White Star Block Swap

1.  We will be making a 12-1/2 inch unfinished square.

2.  The white will be a white fabric and the blue is your choice.  Please use a blue that reads as a solid from a reasonable distance. That means, marbles, mottles, tone on tones, batiks, etc. If you are in both groups, please use different blues than the first swap

3.  Please use only quilt shop quality fabric, no Joann's, Walmart, etc. 

4.  When you sign up, please choose the star block you wish to make. Quilterscache.com has a large selection. To ensure that everyone selects a different block, please check Quilterscache.com.  I know that many blocks are identical with different names. Please use a DIFFERENT block than those in the first group!!!

The following stars can NOT be selected for the 2nd Swap since many members will be in both swaps: Another Star, Cluster of Stars, Diamond Star, Eight Pointed Star Variation, Friendship Star, Friendship Star Variation, Friend's Star, GO! Blazing Star, Morning Star 2, Original Checker Block Star, Shooting Star 2 and Wandering Star.

5.  The swap will be limited to 12 participants.  Each person will make 12 of the same star block.  Please package your blocks in a plastic ziplock bag before mailing.  Include a self addressed postage paid envelope to return your blocks.  

6.  The sign up will be open until August 31. The blocks need to be mailed to me by November 15, 2013.  I will mail the blocks back by November 22.  I am giving the PO time to get all the blocks to me and time for me to get them out to you before the holiday rush!!

Participants

1.  CarylAnne         Starflower

2.  Melody          Whirling Star 2

3.  Kathy G.        Empire Star   

4.  Mimi              Variable Star

5.  Kathy B.        Martha Washington Star

6.  Frannye        Go Along #2 Star

7.  Erin.              Sawtooth Star

8.  Judi.              Ohio Star

9.  Diane.         Fair Trade Star

10.  Laura.         Original Dimensional Star

11. Melissa        Knight's Star

12. Kathy G      Go Along Star #1

I have included the first posting that was made August 31.  I only had a 2nd swap because it was requested. I am definitely mailing on Tuesday, November 22.  I have no choice unless I get tracking numbers that the rest of the packages are coming!  Just like you, I have plenty of other obligations, a family,meta.  Since Sept1, I have been chairman of a large fund raiser done as an emergency in three weeks, I am on my way to a round up meeting idol Designer Bag Bingo held last night and conceived and finished in 6 weeks with 285 attendin(standing room only and 16 designer bags donated and 59 raffles, I made 150 brownies(. I also am part if a 90 anniversary of my Temple and a 25 anniversary dinner for our Rabbi.  This includes a several functions, an ad journal, music seated dinner, etc.  I have both Chanukah anfpd Thanksgiving this week.  In Sept I had the 2 9/11 memorials to help plan.  I got my HST swap, the charm swap out in time, my one RR was a week late, but I let the group know.  I have my postage stamp 1600 squares packaged to go.

now I am not the best organized.  I just knew there were dates that had to be met as I obligated myself. 

These are the names if those who have sent or at least notified me:

CaryleAnne

Melody. Cannot send, has emailed this to me

Kathy G

Mimi. Has mailed and I am waiting

Kathy B

Frannye

Judi

Melissa. Has contacted me and I am waiting

Kathy G(2nd set)

I have not heard from:

Erin

Diane

Laura

please let me know.  I have to mail these out by Tues night. I have too many people coming for two major dinner holidays 

and Thanksgiving is the easier one!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 10,055
Judi replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 4:32 PM

Thanks. I mistyped!  Or my self corrector did it for me which is more likely!  It refuses to just leave things alone. Thank you for the kind words 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 10,055
Judi replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 4:34 PM

Hey, from what was the best PO here in 19067, we have very disgruntled workers who have nit picked postage printed online, etc. I didn't get my People togpday!  I wonder who is reading it?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 8:12 PM

Judi:
I have no received them.

I have notification that the package was delivered at 5:20 this evening.  Hoping this is true.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 508
Points 10,055
Judi replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 9:24 AM

Went out to the mailbox when I got home at 10 pm. Yea the package was there. I got my regular mail service before 11 in the morning. I think they just brought it late. Don't know and don't care. It's here!

they are gorgeous. So nicely made. After you see some of them, you will understand my glee!

thanks. I am still waiting for two from the first swap. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 115

Judi,

You have my blocks already, please say yes! I mailed them before halloween. I have not been anle to think of anything but packing and moving and only this moment thought to ask you to NOT mail to my address (the provided SASE is NO LONGER MY ADDRESS! I have been in the frenzied moving unplanned mode and have high hopes that you have them. As my battery is dead and I searched for the point where my name was received and not able to find it. Please text me at 707 702-1027 as that is the only way I can be reached. Please DO NOT MAIL my blocks to  address provided.

Page 6 of 8 (118 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use