Blue and White Star Block Swap - Hostess: Judi

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 31,980
Roxana replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 9:19 PM

If you are one of the three who hasn't mailed in their blocks yet, please PM both Judi and me and let us know what's up.

Thanks,

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,020
Judi replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 10:42 AM

Judi:

Here are the guidelines for the Blue and White Star Block Swap

1.  We will be making a 12-1/2 inch unfinished square.

2.  The white will be a white fabric and the blue is your choice.  Please use a blue that reads as a solid from a reasonable distance. That means, marbles, mottles, tone on tones, batiks, etc.  

3.  Please use only quilt shop quality fabric, no Joann's, Walmart, etc. 

4.  When you sign up, please choose the star block you wish to make. Quilterscache.com has a large selection. To ensure that everyone selects a different block, please check Quilterscache.com.  I know that many blocks are identical with different names. 

5.  The swap will be limited to 12 participants.  Each person will make 12 of the same star block.  Please package your blocks in a plastic ziplock bag before mailing.  Include a self addressed postage paid envelope to return your blocks.  If there are enough to make up a second group, I will open a second group, but the participants will need to make different blocks than the first group.

6.  The sign up will be open until August 21. The blocks need to be mailed to me by November 1, 2013.  I will mail the blocks back by November 15. I am giving the PO time to get all the blocks to me and time for me to get them out to you before Thanksgiving!

If I do not have 12 people by August 21, you can sign up for a second star block.  Any questions, let me know. 

Participants:

1. Judi.                Eight Pointed Star Variation (first one)

2. Barbara.         Friendship Star

3. Roxana           Friend's Star

4. Melissa          Wandering Star

5. Susie             Shooting Star 2  

6. Jacy                Blazing Star

7.Debbie            Diamond Star

8.  Melody          Cluster of Stars

9.  Mimi           Morning Star 2

10.  Valerie       Original Checker Block Star

11.  Kathy G.     Another Star

12. Bonita.         Friendship Star Variation 

Second Group:  I have put the sign up on the second Blue and White Block Swap

I have put the original info o everyone can read it

the date for mailing wS Nov 1. I have no choice but to mail on Tuesday, Nov. 22. I have to have my area clean as I am sorting at my dining room table.

i have received blocks from everyone except one who has messaged me that they were sent last week. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Judy, I sent you a PM.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 760
Valerie replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 8:00 PM

Judi,

Thanks for all your hard work on this swap. We appreciate what you are doing. It is too bad that not everything has come together. but i am sure things will all work out.

Have a great weekend.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,020
Judi replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 5:20 PM

Barbara, I have received your blocks. Thank you!  They are lovely. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,020
Judi replied on Wed, Nov 27 2013 4:58 PM

Erin, I have not heard from you. I hope everything is all right. Just message me.  Please 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 3:15 PM

Judi - been out of pocket, went to our DS in Denver and I went offline for 4 days.  Had a great visit, hated to say goodbye to my two little angels.  

Just wanted to say you have done a great job and I've been there.  It is very frustrating when others don't do what said they would do, I know.  But it will all work out in the end, just annoying when you have to keep moving what should have already been gone.  I'm very fortunate, after reading some posts, to have a sewing room, as small as it is; its still all mine and stuff can be put in there and only my memory forgets where I've put it.  

and it is so easy for what you've posted to be taken wrong (been here, done that, too!)  That's why I've adopted my signature line!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Hi Judy - I saw that my package was delivered on the 30th. Did you indeed receive. I really don't trust the US postal service too much. I hope you're doing OK with the swap. Again, I am so sorry I was late.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,020
Judi replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 12:55 PM

I thought I messages you!  Must be losing my mind!  Yes!

i seem to have all the blocks now. I will mail out on Friday. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 7:48 AM

Judi:
i seem to have all the blocks now. I will mail out on Friday. 

Judi, I know you are so relieved to have them all finally!  It's almost over and you have done a GREAT job!!!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

I hope you'll share a picture once everyone has received their blocks!  I didn't participate in this swap, but I would sure love to see how all the stars turned out!

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,020
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 1:05 PM

Hooray!  I am planning to get to the PO tomorrow if the weather permits. If not it will be Wednesday.  We had 8 inches of snow in the Philly area and do expect more tonite. 

Since we only had 11paticipants, when I sent back 12 blocks, I tried to get the 12th from the 2nd group as  they had only 10. That way hopefully you will get back 12 different blocks. I was not perfect so if you get two the same, let me know and I can exchange it. 

Which brings me to my next little question. Obviously there are extra blocks. If 11 send 12 blocks each, I ended up with extras. Of course I redid this a few times before my brain kicked in with the math.    

I would like to donate the extra blocks to my guilds philanthropy projects. We not only are the home guild for Quilt for Kids ( her Mom was a friend of mine) but we make twin sized quilts for Camp Aaron, a camp for very ill children. All the blocks would go into quilts to donate is this okay with everyone?

i admit this was a challenge for me as it was my first online swap. Yes, I will definitely do this again. I now know my mistakes and at least will not make the same ones again!  I loved seeing all the blocks and will be making up my quilt during the cold, snowy winter!

thank you for all your patience, especially Roxana who listened to my frustrations!  Everyone who surprised me, I thank you.  Just meeting all of you and participating  Was thank  you enough.   

Guess what?  I am going to be a Nana again!  My son and Daughter-in-law are expecting their first ion July. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 31,980
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 1:16 PM

Judi,

Congratulations on the new grand baby.

Usually, the swapper gets back the same number of blocks the swapper sent in, even if two are the same; therefore there would be no extras.

I'll go with what the group says but I personally would like back 12 even if I get two alike. I need all 12 blocks.

Thanks for all your work. Arkansas was hit with snow this past weekend. I'm so ready for a week in Florida!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 1:29 PM

I am with Roxana...I don't care what I get back as long as there are 12.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,020
Judi replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 4:16 PM

Everyone is getting 12 back. I just can't figure the math. What I did was try to put in one from the other group so that you will get 12 different ones. I might not have been perfect tho....  I just think the math got to me. I over thought this!  

Page 10 of 13 (185 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use