Blue and White Star Block Swap - Hostess: Judi

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 10:24 AM

Dang...me too. I got a white on white too.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judi:
2.  The white will be a white fabric and the blue is your choice.  Please use a blue that reads as a solid from a reasonable distance. That means, marbles, mottles, tone on tones, batiks, etc.  

This can be interpreted either was, solid or white on white.  So what do we do?  Maybe Judi should tell clear this up.  I have not ordered fab. or gone shopping so I can do a whatever.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 12:13 PM

I think Judi's original intention was for it to be plain white because that is what she mentioned in the Swap Ideas that were listed when everyone was talking about it. (Because I am filling in for Barbara, I'm reading these SWAP threads a lot closer than I normally would! LOL!) .... BUT, Judi didn't specify that in the introduction so I think it is up to personal interpretation. If you have already started yours in WOW, by all means continue. If you are doing blocks for both swaps, maybe you could use plain white for the second sets of blocks. If you bought enough WOW for both blocks, I think you go with what you bought. With it mixed, it would be nice to have a fair mixture of both. From the comments in this post, I think we will. ... I hope I'm not stepping on Judi's toes by responding but it sounded like some of you needed an answer now.

Have I made it better or just more confusing?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 12:44 PM

Roxana:
Have I made it better or just more confusing?

IMHO I think you have made it clearer.  I am in both swaps and I have cut both of my blocks out already using WOW.  The first set is 75% finished.   School starts at the end of the month and I know I won't have any free time until about Halloween.  So that is why I'm trying to finish both these swaps and the fall HST swap this week.  Thanks for the answer, Roxana.  I was thinking I was going to have to drop out of both of the blue and white swaps because I just don't have the extra time after school starts up again.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 525
Points 10,320
Judi replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 12:54 PM

Since didn't make it clear, let's just use white OR White on white fabrics.

Since this is my first swap as a hostess, I was not as clear as I should have been. Please accept my apologies for not being specific.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judi, that's great.  It is cared for.  Thanks for answering.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 6:21 PM

Is there an easy way to find out who is using white on white and who is using plain white? We could put on in one swap and the other in the other. Let me know which you are doing and we'll see if we can do that. I haven't started any of my two blocks and I have both whites so I can be in whichever swap I need to be.

White on White

1. Susie
2. Jacy
3. Debbie
4. Mimi
5. Valerie
6. Erin 

Plain White
1. Judi
2.Judi

Can Go EIther Way
1. Roxana
2. Melody
3. Barbara
4. Roxana
5. Melody
6. Mimi
7. Bonita 
8. Melissa
9. Melissa
10. Kathy G
11. Kathy G
12. Kathy Bernhardt 

So as I hear from you, I'll edit this post.
Frannye, Diane, Laura Marx

Will that help things? I'll post this in both groups just in case someone is following only the one.

• Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 760
Valerie replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 6:29 PM

Maybe i don't get it. but what do you mean by white on white. Is this a white fabric with a pattern on it?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 6:33 PM

Roxana:
4. Mimi
5. Mimi

Roxana, I could go either way with the second block.  It does mean a lot of recutting but I don't mind and I don't want to cause problems because I didn't understand what was expected.  Let me know before I start to sew tomorrow.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:15 PM

Mimi:

Roxana:
4. Mimi
5. Mimi

Roxana, I could go either way with the second block.  It does mean a lot of recutting but I don't mind and I don't want to cause problems because I didn't understand what was expected.  Let me know before I start to sew tomorrow.

Ok, I'll make that change but I'm not certain I'll hear from everyone tonight. I hope I do. Mimi, you are quite right about the solid white. It will be varying lots of white so it won't look the same. Actually, my white on white (which is white fabric with white designs on it) will be closer to the same thing than the plain white. 

Please, everyone, respond.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:17 PM

Roxana:
Plain White
1. Judi
2. Erin
3. Bonita
4. Judi

I haven't gotten my fabric yet, so I can be where ever you need me to be.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:40 PM

Roxana:
Actually, my white on white (which is white fabric with white designs on it) will be closer to the same thing than the plain white. 

I agree with you Roxana.  The WOW's match better than the solids except if we all go with the same fabric from the same bolt at the same time from the same LQS.  And they (WOW's) give more texture to the final quilt.

I'll wait until Wednesday to start my second set of blocks so you have time to get responses.  I have finished the first set and am now working on those 256 HST's.  Have a great night and thanks for trying to please everyone.  You're doing a great job helping Barbara. Those are big shoes to fill. Not that Barbara has big feet...LOL....but you know what I mean.   And I know I'm going to make more stars even after the swap is over because I want this quilt to be queen or king size.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 760
Valerie replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:50 PM

Makes sense now. I will do WOW.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Roxana:
Please, everyone, respond.

Hi Roxana - It isn't a biggie for me. I can go either way. Don't go by just me though. I will check to make sure what we are doing before I purchase my fabric.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,878
Points 32,590
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:58 PM

Thank you, Mimi. My admiration for Barbara grows more and more each day. She's one fantastic woman!

Page 4 of 13 (185 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use