Blue and White Star Block Swap - Hostess: Judi

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana Posted: Thu, Aug 1 2013 6:53 PM

This is for the blue and white star block swap hosted by Judi. Do not sign up until she has posted her guidelines. Thank you. Roxana

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 8,935
Judi replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:49 PM

Here are the guidelines for the Blue and White Star Block Swap

1.  We will be making a 12-1/2 inch unfinished square.

2.  The white will be a white fabric and the blue is your choice.  Please use a blue that reads as a solid from a reasonable distance. That means, marbles, mottles, tone on tones, batiks, etc.  

3.  Please use only quilt shop quality fabric, no Joann's, Walmart, etc. 

4.  When you sign up, please choose the star block you wish to make. Quilterscache.com has a large selection. To ensure that everyone selects a different block, please check Quilterscache.com.  I know that many blocks are identical with different names. 

5.  The swap will be limited to 12 participants.  Each person will make 12 of the same star block.  Please package your blocks in a plastic ziplock bag before mailing.  Include a self addressed postage paid envelope to return your blocks.  If there are enough to make up a second group, I will open a second group, but the participants will need to make different blocks than the first group.

6.  The sign up will be open until August 21. The blocks need to be mailed to me by November 1, 2013.  I will mail the blocks back by November 15. I am giving the PO time to get all the blocks to me and time for me to get them out to you before Thanksgiving!

If I do not have 12 people by August 21, you can sign up for a second star block.  Any questions, let me know. 

Participants:

1. Judi.                Eight Pointed Star Variation (first one)

2. Barbara.         Friendship Star

3. Roxana           Friend's Star

4. Melissa          Wandering Star

5. Susie             Shooting Star 2  

6. Jacy                Blazing Star

7.Debbie            Diamond Star

8.  Melody          Cluster of Stars

9.  Mimi           Morning Star 2

10.  Valerie       Original Checker Block Star

11.  Kathy G.     Another Star

12. Bonita.         Friendship Star Variation 

Second Group:  I have put the sign up on the second Blue and White Block Swap

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Hi Judy. I would love to be included in this swap. Not sure if you are assigning the blocks or are we picking our own blocks? Also, just to verify, are we doing dark blue, light blue or is it our choice?

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:33 PM

Melissa Halpain:

Hi Judy. I would love to be included in this swap. Not sure if you are assigning the blocks or are we picking our own blocks? Also, just to verify, are we doing dark blue, light blue or is it our choice?

Melissa, I think we are picking our own blocks. Judi had said in an earlier post on the swap ideas that if your block required more than two colors, the subsequent colors also needed to be blue. I'm thinking another shade of blue. I don't know if that helps you or not. Mine has three colors so I'm hoping I can use two shades of blue.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 8,935
Judi replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:54 PM

Just to clear up a few details.  

Use any blue that you wish.   dark, medium or light, your choice.  Please do not use obvious turquoise or lavenders.

If there is a third color, use  another blue or a blue and white fabric.

Please choose your own block.  I need to have it and list it so the blocks are all different.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 8,935
Judi replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:57 PM

Yes your block

, Melissa, you need to choose a block.  I will put you down, but you need to give me the name of your block.

Roxana,  Yes use two shades of blue or a blue/white as the third color.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 1:11 PM

Judi--Please count me in!  I would like to choose Shooting Star-2. 

I am in need of a blue/white quilt, and this will be perfect!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 1:22 PM

I want to do this too. My block will be blazing star, it's different from the quilter's cache one. it's the accuquilt one, looks like this, but without the border/cornerstones.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 24,005
Debbie replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 1:33 PM

Ok, I'm in and have chosen Diamond Star - http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DiamondStarBlock.html

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Add me, with the Cluster of Stars

thanks

MelodyP

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 8,935
Judi replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 3:12 PM

No dumb question. I was talking unfinished. Yes the finished size is 12 inches!  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

OK Judi, I found my star. I would like to do the Wandering Star block. Again, thank you so much for hosting this swap.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 4:56 PM

Looks to me like there are only three more spots for this group. Way to go, Judi!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 8,935
Judi replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 6:34 PM

Everyone who has signed up, please PM me with your email address, names and I will send out my address to you.  I hope we get to 12 soon so we know it is a go!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 9:54 PM

Judi,  I would like to be included in this swap but don't yet have a star.  I'll browse and hope to get one by tomorrow.

Page 1 of 13 (185 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use