BLACK ,WHITE,RED CHARM SWAP : Hostess Melissa

rated by 0 users
This post has 148 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 12:56 PM

Woohoo, heading out on the MN State Shop Hop on Monday!  First order of business... purchase B/R/W fabrics for this swap.  It's nice to have specific goals on a shop hop otherwise impulse purchases break my budget quickly.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185

i have mailed out half square triangles, fall fat quarters and black/red/white charm squares all in the mail.  it is going to be like christmas when my mailman starts bring me packages back!  i love it!!!!!!   karen j

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,575
Judi replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 4:12 PM

I am still waiting for the PO to send out the preposted envelopes I ordered.  I ordered them on Tuesday, but the PO just ran the credit card yesterday!  I hope to see them on Monday morning.  I am ready t0 send out just waiting on the envelopes

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 170

Are you going to make up another 24 member group for the black, red, white charm swap. If so, I would like to join it. Thank Sue

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 6:23 PM

Melissa-

Fabric is in the mail!  Yeah!

Kathy G.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

I'll be on the look out for it Kathy.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

basketbear:

Hello Melissa,

I mailed my priority envelope today.  Both sets are in there and clearly marked. I will pm you with the tracking number.

Thanks so much for hosting this swap!  I have my pattern picked out and can't wait to get started on my quilt top.

Regina

Hi Regina - I'm with you, I can't wait to get them so I can start a quilt for myself. I hope I don't end up giving it away, but I usually do. I will be on the look out for your package. I just love doing these swaps.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

swedeami:

i have mailed out half square triangles, fall fat quarters and black/red/white charm squares all in the mail.  it is going to be like christmas when my mailman starts bring me packages back!  i love it!!!!!!   karen j

I think these swaps are so much fun because it is so much like Christmas. I'll watch out for your package.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 6:24 PM

I'm just now getting around to cutting my charms and I have a question.  I've cut 48 predominantly red squares (I'm signed up for 2), and 48 of the predominantly black squares (each one is predominantly red with a small black print or predominantly black with a small white print), now when I cut the white charms are they white on white, or can they be predominantly white with a small black or red print on them?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,778
Points 30,850
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 6:42 PM

swedeami:

swedeami, did you get my PM?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:54 PM

Karla:
or can they be predominantly white with a small black or red print on them?

I hope you get an answer quickly, Karla.  As stated before, I'm heading out on a shop hop in the morning, so this could impact me as well.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,778
Points 30,850
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 9:15 PM

Melissa is usually on about this time. She lives on the west coast so this may be a little early for her yet. .... I was thinking that the white was just white on white; at least that's what I understood and sent.

If Melissa doesn't get on before you go shopping tomorrow, Nancy, you might go on the guidelines below.

Read Barbara's post prior to the swap. I think that's what Melissa based it on.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/forum/p/35191/551573.aspx#551573

Barbara:

Melissa, when we have done this swap in the past it is usually  been anything black and white, red and white ,white on white. just as long as it had those three colors. it didn't really matter how they were printed  so long as it was those colors.. There are so many  black white and red prints it should not be difficult to pick them out.  If you are still interested in hosting this just let me know so I can open a thread.  Barbara

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 6:37 AM

Thanks, Roxana.  I certainly think white with very small red or black would look fine, but I guess I'll play it safe since I'm heading out in 15 minutes.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Thanks for helping out Roxana. It is white on white as I did go by Barbara's suggestion. You are doing such a great job helping everyone out Roxana. Thanks again.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:35 AM

Guess I better head for the LQS this morning.  I know I have some more white on white, but for the life of me I can't find the second one.  I've got one set finished, but still need to finish up the second one.  Will get it in the mail to you this week, Melissa.

Page 5 of 10 (149 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use