Fall Fabric Swap : hostess Phyllis ~ Completed

rated by 0 users
This post has 123 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Wed, Jul 3 2013 3:31 PM

This is for the Fall Fabric Swap ; Hostess will be Phyllis ,Please do not sign up until Phyllis has posted her requirements . thanks  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 4:01 PM

This will be a swap of fall fabric fat quarters.  I would prefer that we not include Halloween fabric, let's save that for another time.  This can be anything having to do with fall of the year including Thanksgiving. 

This will be for 2 fat quarters for each participant.  Since fat quarters are a little expensive, we will limit this to 12 people.  Remember, dimensions of a fat quarter are 18" by 22".  Most quilt shops are happy to cut your chosen fabric into fat quarters for you at no additional cost.

This number of fat quarters is a little more difficult to get into a flat rate envelope, but it can be done if you use the traditional fat quarter fold and some extra tape.  Put your fabric in a plastic bag, zip lock or fold over, and put your name on the bag.  Please send a stamped pre-paid and addressed envelope for your return fabric. 

Close date will be Monday, July 29. Surely we can narrow down our fabric in this length of time!

I should receive all fabric no later than August 9.  I will do my best to have it back out in the mail by August 16.

As you sign up, please friend me so that I can send you my address and my email address..

I will update the list daily so check in often to make sure I have your name on the list.

I so enjoyed all of the 4th of July fabric I got in that swap, I can't wait to see what kind of fall fabrics we all come up with. 

If we lose our website during this time, you can email me with questions and/or information and I am also very active on Facebook.  Facebooks is how I keep up with my kids and grandkids that live out of state.   I have all my privacy settings so that no one can get to my friends list or any information about me.  I do not play Facebook games so they can't get information that way either. 

Let me know if I have left out any information.

Start looking for that absolute perfect fabric!

1.  Barb

2.  Phyllis

3.  Melissa Halpain

4.  Roxana

5.  swedeami

6.  Debbie - DEAR

7. Karrie

8.  Patty

9.  Rhonnie

10. Judi Reiss

11.  Kathy G

12.  Lesley

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 4:50 PM

Phyllis ,fat quarters are 18x 22 or at least most of them if you will check pages  there is a list of all the sizes of the different cuts for fabric . charm packs ,Layer cakes  etc.,I really think you just made a typo ,  happens to me all the time.   LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 4:53 PM

oh I'm in, to   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 5:28 PM

Barb, we could never hold a swap without you!  Thanks for catching my error and yes, you are in!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Hi Phyllis - I would love to join this swap. I love fall colors.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:50 PM

Welcome aboard!  You are on the list.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:26 PM

Phyllis, I'd like to be a part of this swap too.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:37 PM

You are in Roxana, welcome!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:52 PM

Do I put the two fat quarters in a plastic bag or all 24? Also, do they all need to come from the same fabric or can I use quality fall fabric from my stash? I have lots of left over fat quarters from the HST  exchange and would like to use it instead of buying more. Your call.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 9:05 PM

Put all 24 in a plastic bad.  That way if the bag gets wet or something, hopefully, our fabric will stay dry.  Use whatever fat quarters you want, they don't have to match or be from the same fabric.  Please, just make at least some of them ugly for my sake!  In the 4th of July swap some did a mix and they were all great, beautiful fabric and I had a horrible time choosing. However, I have not run across too many pieces of fabric that I thought were ugly!  I love them all.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185

is there room for. one more?  i would like to participate......

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 6:16 AM

You are on the list, welcome aboard.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 24,005
Debbie replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 9:29 AM

Phyllis, since I have no fall fabric count me in.  gosh, now I gotta go shopping!  geesh, the things you gals get me into!  LOL

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Points 3,395

Hi Phyllis 

Thanks for doing this again,  I would like to join the group. 

Thanks sew much

KerryG

Page 1 of 9 (124 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use