Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 6:07 AM

Debbie:

Roxana:
The bible mailers will hold it.

what are bible mailers?  boy, have I stepped into another dimensions...

That should have been BUBBLE mailers. You CAN get those with the prepaid postage. I think we might ought to go to that when our current supplies are gone or order them before the next postage hike. 

Tyvek envelopes are the ones that don't tear but you can't get them with prepaid postage and my postal worker did not like the stamps that had been put on them at all.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I think perhaps some may not know about the legal size Flat Rate Envelope. it is 15" x 9.5" it has 2.5 sq inches more room. it hold a lot of fabrics. They can be ordered prepaid in packs of 3. The reg size is 12.5 x 9". I do not know the 8X11 that Phyllis is speaking of, I am familiar with the bubble one,  I thought the bubble was for items like breakables & package safety, + I thought the bubble took up so much more room.

In other swaps I have used Tyvek envelopes, but in that case the sender must go to the post office, weigh the package and buy (2) two of the postal stamp, affix  one to the return envelope. You can also do this at the kiosk. I paid regular first rate postage, but the pieces traveled well. 

another tip is to box the bottom corners and turn down the flap& run a bone folder or wood iron over that flap to make it behave when you are ready to fold it and press the tab in place,  Boxing the corners, gives you a flat bottom instead of a pointed one. Just like making a tote bag.. LOL 

see those fabrics they are flannel pillow cases for a church festival next month, only 20 more to finish.. 

• Post Points: 5
Page 3 of 3 (32 items) Prev123
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use