rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 3:58 PM

Patty:

If we use Triangulations, or similar patterns, do we tear the paper away before sending them to you?

Yes, you remove the paper, press them, and square them up to a 3" square before grouping them in 4 sets of 4 (or 3 sets of 4 and 1 set of 2) and placing them in the 16 baggies before sending them to me. If you are just using two fabrics, your baggies will all be the same, but they will be squares ready to be used.

I used Triangulations and am in the process of pressing and squaring up! I think several have used this method. With my printer, I had to use a scant 1/4" but I think that's a communication between my printer and my computer!

Let me know if you still have a question or if I didn't answer yours well enough.

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 9:41 PM

So I told DH that the group decided to change up the swap. He said what swap are you still on the HST? I about fell over he knew and remembered too much information. So I continued with information of I had to buy more fabric due to the new idea. He laughed at me!!! Can you believe that? After he got done laughing he said ok but can we go to Annie's she has that fabric you said no due to you were over fabric budget. OK so now he wants to pick out next batch of fabric. The very next question what about the ones you already have done.... Ok this man is paying way too much attention. So This morning getting ready for PT he said do we get to go to LQS today....he had actual excitement to his voice. I said no that will be Monday. I can't wait to see what new fabrics I get to add. 

Roxana:

Again, no pressure if your plan is already set. It's very important to me that you NOT buy more fabric than you already bought. Even doing four sets (or 3 sets plus 3) will still yield enough scrappy layouts for those not doing pinwheels. 

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 9:56 PM

Rhonnie, I LOVE your story! My DH knows I am in a SWAP but not TWO! Won't it be fun when the mail starts coming in?! I'm excited about it all and he's happy I'm happy. He knows I've been working hard on the HSTs but he's never asked why so many?! I'm glad I had made a few extra of each scrap bundle though because a few of them came up short in the 3" square department so they've gone into my secondary scrap box! I'll find a use for them. After all, I'd done all this work (if you call it that) to get them to where they are! 

Glad your DH is along for the ride. Mine will when August and September rolls around. He'll have fun with it too! Have fun shopping on Monday (if you must go!).

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:27 PM

I know I'm lucky. The only fabric store he grumbles about is JoAnn's. It seems around this way the people (customers) are rude and inconsiderate. He will go but grumbling and one step from kicking & screaming * evil giggles* so sometimes I go to JoAnns. 

The ladies have got use to him so thy don't watch him like he's going to break something anymore. I had one say once its nice when you first gt together they pretend to enjoy fabric. I laughed and said nothing new here we've been together 8 years...*giggles*

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 9:33 PM

Did you all see the quilt Nana just completed at the Smoky Mountain retreat?  

I count 154 blocks, so her HSTs must be bigger than ours, but it sure is pretty!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 9:36 PM

Say gals, realistically, couldn't we roll all our HST conversations over to the first HST discussion thread?  A lot of us are in both groups, and even if you are not, we are all making the same thing.  I feel funny when I post the same comment to both threads.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 10:42 PM

thank you MNnancy for suggesting the one thread for conversations, I read both if from different participants, however there are a few of us only in one. I think though that every one of us are following both threads. Personally I think if you post in one it would be perfectly AOK..  My e-mail box becomes over loaded daily with so many posts and I am having one he** of a time disconnecting from swaps I am not even partaking in. I have clicked the stop button and the email button over and over, but to no avail I still receive all the postings. I even asked (no response tho) QCA about how to disengage those other not wanted notifications. What to do.. right?

love that quilt top Nana made it is beautiful, thanks for sharing with us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 7:59 AM

Caryl Anne you need to go to your home page and go to options and reset your  messages ,I don't get any messages in my email .I was getting so many I just had to stop them. I get on here daily so I can look at the things I take part in and see my messages here.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:51 PM

Barbara:
I get on here daily so I can look at the things I take part in and see my messages here.

I don't know, Barbara...  I don't think I saw you on here much Saturday thru Monday...   LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:56 AM

Yeah with the exception of this past weekend .I was missing as well as the rest of us ..LOL  thank Nancy for reminding me .. LOL   What a mess that was .  glad some of the gals are setting up ways to keep in touch on Facebook .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 4:19 PM

I'm posting this again in this swap, just in case someone isn't following the first HST swap.

ATTENTION ALL HST SWAPPERS: Make sure that you have squared up each HST square to 3". By now, I'm certain that you have read the PAGES section of the Fabric Groups swap but if you haven't please do. Anyone with a question, please PM me. I'll be sending back to you any that don't meet the standard to redo. My son is here today but when he leaves tomorrow, i'll start going through what I have. Thanks so much!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 90
Patty replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 11:23 AM

My HSTs are in the mail!

San Jose, CA

Wrap yourself up in memories!

Page 6 of 6 (87 items) «Prev23456
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use