2nd HST GROUP : HOSTESS ROXANA

rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 16 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40

Hi, I have just joined the group and this looks like it would be fun. I have the summer off and this would be a way to use some of my stash. I can't wait to get started.

Bonnie

Ingleside, il

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:40 AM

bonnie8936:

Hi, I have just joined the group and this looks like it would be fun. I have the summer off and this would be a way to use some of my stash. I can't wait to get started.

Bonnie

Ingleside, il

Welcome, Bonnie. Please read over the introductory material as well as the swap pages listed above in otherposts. I alsoneedyouto befriend me and send me your information by private post.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:43 AM

I turned to hubby and said, "Would I be nuts to join a fabric swap where I would need to sew 240 HSTs?"  He said, "Yep, you'd be nuts."  So I thought to myself, "Well, I won't join if I don't see that I have enough fall fabric in my stash."  I just checked, and I have enough fabric.  Then I thought back to other fabric swaps that I've joined and remembered that I have been disappointed in some of the fabric I've received, but I'm encouraged at how you are stressing the need for quality fabric and accurate sizing.

So, count me in!

Now I'm off to my psychiatry appointment....   LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:23 AM

Nancy , for the most part things have been a lot different on here in the past 6 to 7 months, I think you will be very surprised.   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:48 AM

I haven't even started on mine...need to wait until after the retreat...and now for my finger to heal before I work on HSTs.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:07 AM

Susie ,you need to get the triangulations soft ware , is not that expensive , Its just a DVD to download the patterns . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

I am so excited about this swap. I do not have any fall fabric at all. So darn it, I had to go shopping. On line of course. I just ordered my fabric and can't wait to see it. Happy sewing everyone.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:48 AM

Susie:
I haven't even started on mine...need to wait until after the retreat...and now for my finger to heal before I work on HSTs.

Yeah, Susie, I don't want any blood on the HSTs you send.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:58 AM

No blood on the fabric I was cutting...Whew! Or on the floor on the way to the bathroom either!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 2:40 PM

Welcome, MNnancy! Glad to have you!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:23 PM

So, if this group doesn't grow much bigger, do you suppose we could roll into the first group?  We wouldn't have to sew any more HSTs - just put fewer HST's into more baggies.  Example - if the current six participants from group 2 roll into the 16 from the first group, everyone would divide their HSTs into 22 baggies - or 11 HSTs in each.  That will give us a scrappier look.  Just a thought...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:58 PM

This is the kind of quilt I'm hoping to make with my HSTs - in fall fabrics, of course.  It's a pretty straight-forward pattern - there's just one block.

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hello MNnancy, what a wonderful quilt. With a swap, there will not be a deciding fabric as this one shows, but I love this pattern, it is really striking in these colors. love your border print. Seems that the border fabric is the main fabric in the brights Am I right in that? mercy the more I study it the more I want it.. lol

as far as joining into group one, I personally think it is a fabulous idea. 11 each is still a good amount. What's a few baggies right? I vote for that if Roxana wants opinions. Good suggestion.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 9:24 AM

I agree Nancy if Roxana is good with it ,so am I , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 9:45 AM

Nancy, yes, it's a good suggestion to combine groups but I think it's best to at least wait and see who July brings to the second group first. I still think others may join this group. Great thinking.

Page 2 of 6 (87 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use