rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 12:04 PM

Waaaa!  :-(  

It's Wednesday, the mail has been delivered, and there are no HSTs for poor me. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 24,420
Roxana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 12:17 PM

I'm so sorry, Nancy. It looks like they are dancing in Minneapolis according to USPS. Please let me know if they don't arrive tomorrow.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 3:27 PM

I need some kleenex too.  Mine didn't come today either.  Boo Hoo!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,645
Points 61,920
Jacy replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 3:41 PM

Mimi:
I need some kleenex too.  Mine didn't come today either.  Boo Hoo!

Oh I'm sooo sorry.

Mine came and they are beautiful.  I knew right away which design I wanted to make, and I've already sewn a bunch of them into blocks, why I'll have my quilt finished before you even get your HST's.............

Just kidding...........bet you were really needing your Kleenex there for a second though!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 3:58 PM

Jacy:
I've already sewn a bunch of them into blocks,

Sniff....sniff......sniff  lol

Me too, Jacy as I cut extras of all of mine.  I figured why add to the messy scraps when I can cut the whole 3 x 42 inch strip and make some of my own already. (I use the easy angle ruler to do HST's.  For me it gets the best results.)   I've got forty 5 1/2 inch squares made already.  And I'm sure I'll have plenty of sewing to do even if they don't arrive until the weekend. Can't wait to see what beauty you have in store for these, though.  I'm sure everyone's will be amazing.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 19,400

Woo Hoo - I got mine today. They are just gorgeous. You all will love them.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,421
Points 62,265
Bonita replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 4:50 PM

Just got home and there they were leaning up against the front door. Haven't had a chance to really look at them yet. Still haven't found what to do with them yet. Thanks Roxanna. for a wonderful swap.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:06 PM

Jacy:
why I'll have my quilt finished before you even get your HST's.............

Ooo, Jacy, you are so mean!  LOL

That's okay.... go ahead and make yours, post a picture, and then I can copy your design.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:31 PM

got mine!  same as with the R/W/B charms, just setting them aside for another day and project.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Posts 63
Points 1,170

Came home from a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day at work to find a wonderful surprise...my HST package!  Couldn't wait to rip into the package...felt kind of like being a kid and dumping the bag of Halloween candy on the table to see what special treats were hiding inside!   I will definitely have a blast with these on the design wall!  Thanks Roxanna for hosting this swap and taking the extra time to ease the nervousness of a first time swapper!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 482
Points 7,605
Joyce replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:31 PM

Roxana I'm replying on your post because site would not let me submit a new msg.  I just got my HST's.  I forgot to check the mail so I ran out in the dark and found them in the box.  They look great so many pretty colors.  Not sure what I will do with them yet.  I have several projects I need to do before I start them but I really would like to play around with these.  I guess now I need a design board.  No place to put one.  

Thank you for doing the swap and thank you everyone for all the pretty squares.  Enjoy, I will look forward to how everyone uses them.

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 24,420
Roxana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:33 PM

basketbear:

Came home from a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day at work to find a wonderful surprise...my HST package!  Couldn't wait to rip into the package...felt kind of like being a kid and dumping the bag of Halloween candy on the table to see what special treats were hiding inside!   I will definitely have a blast with these on the design wall!  Thanks Roxanna for hosting this swap and taking the extra time to ease the nervousness of a first time swapper!

Regina, it was my pleasure. I'm so glad your liked your package. I can't wait to see what you make with yours.... even just on the design wall will be great. You were also wonderful at encouraging me in my first time to hostess a swap. Thank you!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 24,420
Roxana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:38 PM

Thank you, Joyce. I'm so glad you got yours. ... Check out Pat Speth's method of a temporary design wall. It works! I set mine up today with a dressmaker board I know I've had about 35+ years!

http://nickelquilts.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/design-wall/

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:07 AM

I haven't picked it up yet, but my tracking says it's in my mailbox...I'll pick it up in the morning on my way to the football game in Elko, NV.  I'll have fun looking at all of the fabric while my daughter drives.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 5:24 AM

basketbear:
Came home from a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day at work to find...

Basketbear, are you a teacher, or just a lover of children's books?  Alexander's Terrible...Day is one of my favorites!  (~retired teacher/librarian)

Page 24 of 26 (386 items) «Prev2223242526Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use