This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,740
Points 30,210
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 11:04 AM

MNnancy:

Jacy:

Here's a link to one I found on flicker that is very scrappy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metrosupialdesigns/8643852476/in/pool-1255773@N21/

Oh, Jacy, you are very naughty.  You have just introduced me to the wonderful world of Flickr.  I've known of it but have never really explored it thoroughly.  I share enough photos on my other social networks.  But now I see what a blessing this is to QUILTERS!!!  There's a whole grouping of nothing but HST quilts!  So now I've joined that "club" too, and I'm "following" the HST group.   Wow!

We've learned a lot with our first HST swap.  Obviously we'll want to be a little more stringent with the light background requirements next time.  Wouldn't it be fun to do a polka dot with whites HST swap?

Nancy, you may be on to something there. I can see lots of fun HST swaps in our future and I love the idea of a polka dot one with whites! We need to figure the size as well and learn Nana's tube method (or CarylAnne's) so we can narrow down an easy size.  Oh, this is so much fun! I can't believe this swap is so close to the other side!!

We have a few participants where life is dealing them a rough turn but  I don't think it will be long now before all are in. You'll have so much fun with a portable design wall and your HSTs in Oregon. PLEASE take pictures of the different scenarios you come up with!!! Wish I could be there! I'll even share pictures of my different scenarios too!

Roxana

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,740
Points 30,210
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 12:10 PM

Susie:

Roxana--mine shipped yesterday!  You should hae it by Saturday!  WOOHOO!

I received your HSTs today. Thanks so much!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,740
Points 30,210
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 12:15 PM

Joyce:

Oh Roxana I'm so happy the hst's made it to you. I have been sick this week and just now saw your note. Excited to see all the fabrics when we get them all back. Hope you have a great day & weekend. Joyce

Glad you are feeling better! ... The other side of this swap is getting close!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 40,415
Mimi replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 5:59 PM

Hey everyone and Roxana too.  My second set of 256 HST's went out around noon today.  Should arrive by Saturday.  Look for a PM Roxana.  Thanks for all the work you have put into this swap.  I think this one has been my favorite so far.  Only because I have such freedom in the quilt I choose to do with these HST's.  Thanks again.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,740
Points 30,210
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 6:09 PM

Thank you, Mimi, for picking up a last minute 256 so everyone would have a full swap. I think it's been a fun swap too. As I told Nancy earlier, I have only opened the fabrics as they have come in and they've been coming in since the middle of July so I can't wait until the swap is complete and we can play with the HSTs on our design walls however make-shift they may be!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:35 PM

Okay Ladies, it sounds like you are alljust about to finih up your HST swap so it's time to get in on the next one and it will carry you right into the new year!

The red and white happy heart swap is now open for sign-up!  Check out the thread and send me a message with your info!  Only 167 days until Valentine's day!

Kathy G

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 9:40 PM

Kathy G:
Okay Ladies, it sounds like you are alljust about to finih up your HST swap so it's time...

Ho, ho, Kathy, now we have to decide what to make of all our fall HSTs!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,740
Points 30,210
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 12:05 PM

Mimi and Rachel, I received your HSTs in the mail today. Thank you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 2:15 AM

Nancy ,I just checked out this flicker site as well .  I really like this quilt you posted  here .I love the polka dot idea , What fun.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,740
Points 30,210
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 12:30 PM

I love the polka dot idea too, Barbara. I've gotten attached to these HSTs! And I love making them. Nana mentioned a new way of making them with a Cozy Tube Ruler so I may try that next time. I even discovered I not only already own the ruler but also the book that tells you what size to make the tube for a particular size HST! 

Just to catch everyone up. I should get two sets in the mail today and the three remaining sets by the end of the week. It seems that LIFE got in the way of a couple. I'm going to a Quilt Guild Retreat for the rest of this week (sponsored by a neighboring city --- it'll be my first ever quilt retreat and it's only 45 minutes away) but everything should be here when I get back on Saturday. My plan, if it's all here, is to sort on Monday and post on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed! They've promised to have them here by the end of the week!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:03 PM

Fingers crossed!  Am really anxious to get these!

Have a great time at your first retreat.  I was hoping we'd get to break you in at Branson.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

Hope you have received my HST's ----- Gail

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,740
Points 30,210
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:39 PM

I did, Gail. Thank you.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 9:17 AM

I can't wait to get these back!  I have a PLAN!  WOOHOO!  I found a gorgeous panel that I would like to use with all of these.  We'll see if it works as well as the thought in my head....

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 2:40 PM

Can't wait to see your panel, Susie!

Page 22 of 26 (386 items) «Prev2021222324Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use