HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 7:48 AM

Here's another HST quilt, but I'm not sure you can achieve the look with our small blocks.  Still I like this...

Free pattern download available here:

http://www.robertkaufman.com/quilting/quilts_patterns/asymmetrical_diamond/

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 9:40 AM

Here's a photo from a quilt show I went to. These were miniature quilts, maybe 1" HST's. Everyone was told to make 120 HST's, and then they had to design their own quilt with them.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 10:15 AM

Nancy and Jacy ,thank for the ideas , these are some amazing quilts ,Nancy I really like the pattern t the blue one. very nice.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,842
Points 32,055
Roxana replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 10:25 AM

Nancy and Jacy, both of those look great. Won't it be fun to play with our assortment on the other side of the swap?!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

OMG Nancy I saw this Essex Yarn Dyed fabric this past weekend at the painted pony. it is soooo beautiful and what a perfect blender, There was a lady gathering every color for a landscape quilt she was planning. Mind you it was on sale for $12.49 yd. whew!  I do love the look of those denim color way plaids. it would be amazing for a mans quilt. I put the page in my favorites. To actually achieve the same effect, must be only one fabric reading solid.

Jacy, the miniature quilts are fabulous.  I was going to say I like the look of the mock flying geese, then I said no I love the star centers, but then those radiating squares are so eye catching. OK so I love them all. I'm glad you posted the pictures, not that my eyes/hands would be able to do those tiny pieces, but we can all have a good look see what others are doing with HST.
The minis (2) have the same radiating square as this set up.. did you notice that? Love it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,520
Points 25,455
Debbie replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:46 AM

Roxana - my HSTs are going out in mail today.  I'll pm you tracking info and I included your email for notification on m tracking so you'll be sure to get notices.  now to figure out what I'm going to do with mine.  may be a after surgery project while I'm off.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,842
Points 32,055
Roxana replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:44 PM

Debbie and Karen, your HSTs have arrived safely. Thank you.

How's everyone else doing? We are still about 8 weeks out from due date in Arkansas but I just wanted to check on you. I can't wait to see them all together!

Have a great week!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,766
Points 67,095
Bonita replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:06 PM

I'm just waiting for the prepaid envelopes to come. All bagged and ready to go.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:45 AM

Roxana, mine went out in the mail yesterday so I would have plenty of time to redo them if they're not what they should be.  Just let me know when you receive them and if I did them right, OK.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,842
Points 32,055
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:49 AM

Thanks, Bonita and Karla, for the updates. Karla, I'll be looking for yours soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,842
Points 32,055
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:50 AM

HINT: If you haven't gotten to the "putting the HSTs into baggies yet," then I just realized this morning that I could put 16 in a SNACK SIZE baggie, thus making it easier to fit them in the envelope. I just wanted to pass it along. Hope everyone is doing ok with the HSTs. The ones that have come in have some beautiful fabrics in them. We are going to be able to make the neatest quilts! Hope you are still having fun!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,842
Points 32,055
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:56 AM

I've given this Web site before but I wanted to repeat it. The author is featuring 72 HST blocks, usually one, maybe two, a week, and she gives you links to all her previous blocks. It's a modern quilt with only two colors but I believe almost all of the blocks could be made into a continuous scrappy block design. It's definitely worth a look to keep you motivated on your HSTs! I've loved it! ...

This is the most recent block posted.... Block #45 ... with links to Blocks #1-#44! No searching through her blog to find them!!

http://knitnlit.blogspot.com/2013/07/modern-half-square-triangle-quilt-long_15.html

Enjoy!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 4:53 PM

Roxana that's sorta what I did all mine are in a small baggie and then I put them in a gallon baggie .worked great .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:25 PM

Barbara that is a very good ideal I got my pillow cases from Caryl Anne yesterday and it was a good thing she had put them in gal. bags because the package had been ripped in one part but the bag had saved it and someone had taped it.  I haven't even started my HST's yet.  I will get busy this week I hope.  I found HST's on a roll I'm going to try.  I went to several quilt shops and none of them carried that triangulations CD.  I should have just ordered it. 

Joyce

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,842
Points 32,055
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:51 PM

Joyce:

Barbara that is a very good ideal I got my pillow cases from Caryl Anne yesterday and it was a good thing she had put them in gal. bags because the package had been ripped in one part but the bag had saved it and someone had taped it.  I haven't even started my HST's yet.  I will get busy this week I hope.  I found HST's on a roll I'm going to try.  I went to several quilt shops and none of them carried that triangulations CD.  I should have just ordered it. 

Joyce, just be certain to try a couple with scrap fabric first to make sure you get a 3" square. You might have to go with a scant quarter inch. Good luck!

Page 13 of 26 (386 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use