HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,579
Points 23,985
Susie replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 12:00 PM

I picked up ONE of my fabrics this weekend.  I originally bought a charm pack, but am not convinced it will work well enough, so it will go in my stash and I'm looking for a second fabric.

I am planning on using the triangulations template that Barbara mentioned as well.  No marking, and it's very accurate (as long as you can stitch on the lines--challenging some days!)

And I'm glad we are all posting on one of the swap pages instead of trying to watch both of them. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,892
Points 32,810
Roxana replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:00 PM

Susie:

I am planning on using the triangulations template that Barbara mentioned as well.  No marking, and it's very accurate (as long as you can stitch on the lines--challenging some days!)

Susie, print ONE page first and measure to be sure the big rectangle is what you want it to be. It tells you on the page. My printer missed it so I ran my triangulations pages at 2-5/16" a page to be certain that I'd get the finished 3" square. You can still print 12 to a page. I found that easier to cut down instead of coming up short. Of course, you page rectangle still needs to be close to what they say it should be.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:35 PM

Good grief, I just read in another thread that Karla is finished with all 500+ HSTs.  I got a nice fast start, but now I've switched gears into mega-planning and prepping for our upcoming 2-week vacation (Alaska!), so the rest of my HSTs will have to wait until August to finish.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:54 PM

MNnancy:

Good grief, I just read in another thread that Karla is finished with all 500+ HSTs.  I got a nice fast start, but now I've switched gears into mega-planning and prepping for our upcoming 2-week vacation (Alaska!), so the rest of my HSTs will have to wait until August to finish.

You're doing OK Nancy, I've only cut out half of them for the first group. So I've a long ways to go too. Hopefully we won't be busy sewing all day the last week of the swap!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 1:13 AM

WTG Karla, I've gotten all of one swap done and in the baggies and half of the 2nd one sewn together and half of those trimed. all of the 2nd group cut out. I trim them at my DD house when the little one is down for her nap. They have a nice island top just the right height for cutting. Easier on the back.

Nancy are you and Randy driving to Alaska or flying and then crusing? Either way you will love it. My sister and I took a cruise out of Seattle for a week. I loved Alaska it was a big item on my bucket list.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:01 AM

Bonita, we are flying into Vancouver, cruising the inside passage for 7 days to Seward, taking the Gold Star domed train to Anchorage, renting a car and driving around the state for another week, and then flying home out of Anchorage - lots of planning, Internet-searching, list-making going on right now.  This is a pretty big adventure for us.  Although we've enjoyed driving around the US, we really have not ventured out very far.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:45 AM

Nancy I have one group finished ,but need to pick up some fabric to finish the second group.  I have been doing mine a little more scrappy but keeping the  fabric together so it can be set in a pinwheel or what ever.  I hope to get the rest finished this week . Have fun On your trip , I'd love to go to Alaska  what a trip ,I hope you're going to send pictures ?   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:42 PM

MNnancy:

No, Nancy, I only did one group...I have 256 of them ready to send.  Now I just have to order the postage paid envelopes.  I thought about doing both of the HST swaps, but by the time I got around to deciding, they were full.  That is OK with me.  I'll come up with something to do with my 256 HST's.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:43 PM

Bonita:
WTG Karla, I've gotten all of one swap done and in the baggies and half of the 2nd one sewn together and half of those trimed.

Only joined Group 1 Bonita, so I only made 256.  But it looks like you are well on your way to having yours done.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,585
Points 26,580
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:41 PM

My 256 are done as well, just need to go online and print out postage.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,892
Points 32,810
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:22 PM

I completely finished one group and they all fit in a letter size Flat Rate Envelope. I don't know yet about fitting two groups in that size. My guess is that the two groups will fit in the Legal size flat rate but I am not 100% on that. Just remember if you are in both groups that you need to mark the baggies as Group 1 or Group 2 if you send them in the same envelope. If you use two envelopes, let me know which goes to which group. Thanks so much! You have all been great! Just send them on to me when you are ready! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,892
Points 32,810
Roxana replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:44 AM

I found this pattern today on Quilter's Cache. It's the Depression Block made into a quilt. Real scrappy HSTs! I can't wait to see the other end of this swap. Of course I'm not ready yet but I will be. I've got all of them sewn. Just need to press and trim the 2nd group.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 5:15 AM

Roxanna I like this pattern as well .I did find the magazine with the tickled  pink  pattern  Now I can't decide which I like best.   LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

I really like the Quilters Cache quilt  - - - - I think my InkLingo HSTs will be appropriate!!!!! Just getting it all together...

We do have until then end of Aug to produce? Right?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,892
Points 32,810
Roxana replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 4:48 AM

Gail Nelson:

I really like the Quilters Cache quilt  - - - - I think my InkLingo HSTs will be appropriate!!!!! Just getting it all together...

We do have until then end of Aug to produce? Right?

Right.

Page 10 of 26 (386 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use