I'm good with the changes.

Thanks, Jacy!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:04 PM

Nancy with the hot weather here in Mo ,it wouldn't take much to wilt . Hope you had a great day.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:05 PM

Hey all, I finished up group 1 HST today and have started  started on group 2. they are coming out real nice.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:24 PM

me too!  just finished fastening them together and put in a bag.  got my fabric picked out for group 2 but have been at it since 0430 and i've had enuf for today.....karen

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:43 PM

Karen and Barbara, did you do 256? I'm curious as to what kind of postage envelope we will be able to use. I'm getting closer but not there yet! I've pulled papers and have started working on pressing and squaring up. Still having fun though! Karen, since 4:30 this morning?

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 7:19 PM

yes ma'am, i did 256.   i pinned them together - is that right?  and the 0430 isn't my idea - i have a kitty who is very very persistent and if i don't respond she puts her cold little nose on mine and that usually does the trick.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 7:32 PM

i was wondering about the postage thing also.  is there a certain way we are dopposed to fasten them in sets?  can you tell me how to get to the page where the rules about exchanges are discussed?  this is my first exchange and want to do more but would feel better if i knew more about how they are doe.  do we pay postage both ways?  can you explain to me what difference it makes if both sets were the same material?  i have thought and thought about it and can't figure out a reason...........karen

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 8:01 PM

swedeami:

i was wondering about the postage thing also.  is there a certain way we are dopposed to fasten them in sets?  can you tell me how to get to the page where the rules about exchanges are discussed?  this is my first exchange and want to do more but would feel better if i knew more about how they are doe.  do we pay postage both ways?  can you explain to me what difference it makes if both sets were the same material?  i have thought and thought about it and can't figure out a reason...........karen

I just wrote a long message back to you but because it contained links, QCA wouldn't let me post it. Supper is ready now.... so I'll write it again when I get through. You do pay for postage both ways. Please go back to page 1 and re-read the instructions to the group as a whole. ... More later, DH just walked in the door as well!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 8:41 PM

sorry I don'teven have them bagged yet so can't answer the postage question.. I 'll letyou know when I figure it out .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 8:51 PM

Barbara, Roxana, Karen you guys are amazing.  I haven't started the HST's yet.  But I did get my Christmas pillow case set finished today.  Next is the fun one then the HST's.  It feels so good to be sewing again after so long being away from it. 

Where did you get your papers to do the HSTs I looked in 2 Joanne Fabrics and they don't sell them.  I think I have it figured out how to do it from squares and get several from each square and marking them.  Can't wait to get started on them. 

Joyce

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 33,200
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 9:39 PM

Karen, I sent you several PM's to answer your questions. Please let me know if I haven't answered them all.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 11:37 PM

Barbara:
Hey all, I finished up group 1 HST today and have started  started on group 2

Well, at Quilt-til-you-Wilt today, I got all of one set sewn, but not pressed and trimmed.  I got to that pressing and trimming this evening and decided I liked doing smaller sets at a time as I had started doing earlier.  Standing at the cutting table trimming for over an hour was not as much fun.  

Glad your sets are turning out nicely, Barbara.  It's going to be really interesting to see all the colors from everyone.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:02 AM

MNnancy:
I got to that pressing and trimming this evening and decided I liked doing smaller sets at a time as I had started doing earlier.  Standing at the cutting table trimming for over an hour was not as much fun.

I'm working in sets, too!   Try to make 4-5 sets of 4 HSTs of each color combo and then cut in half, press and trim.  Doesn't seem as daunting that way, feeling of accomplishment  achieved.  already have those first four of each color combo in bags and now just putting the second set.  have 6 sets completely done!   This is fun!  

I found that triangulation, thangles and other methods  took too much thought.  just straight 3.75" squares, draw line diagonally and then sew 1/4" each side, cut in half, press and trim to 3" works best for me.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:10 AM

my lqs carries them.  just one size, so i enlarged it to make the right size and made fopies st home.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:17 AM

swedeami:
is there a certain way we are dopposed to fasten them in sets?

Great question, swedami - I have just been putting mine in baggies, sets are together (2 sets of  8, 2 color combos) but not pinned.  Is that okay?  

as for postage - I go to www.usps.gov - print out label from me to Roxanna, costs $5.25 and then another one from her address to me, same price - print both labels.  affix "you to her" label on pkg with HSTs inside and put another envelope, with label from her address to you on it, inside that pkg as well.  Easy Peasy!  

This way I don''t have to run to PO, go inside when they are open and can drop it off whenever it is convenient for me.  Have to watch because my town PO doesn't have empty envelopes outside easy to pick up, I need to go to bigger PO for those but normally I grab about 3 each so I have some on hand.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 8 of 26 (386 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use