HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 11:39 PM

Caryl  Anne  mine is going pretty fast as I'm using triangulations  If I had to sew each one together I'd go crazy ... LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 115
Rachel replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:40 AM

Roxanna,

If there is still a spot in the second group I would love to join both groups.

Thanks

Rachel

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,955
Roxana replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 6:17 AM

Rachel:

If there is still a spot in the second group I would love to join both groups.

Great, Rachel! Remember to have a different set of fabrics for the second swap. I've put you down. Glad you are joining us on both swaps!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 11:03 AM

By my count there's 2 places left and I'm just a glutten for punishment. LOL Sign me up for the 2 nd group, please.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,955
Roxana replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 1:18 PM

Only one spot left, Bonita, and it's yours. I'll fix the board when I get home.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 4:24 PM

Barbara:
mine is going pretty fast as I'm using triangulations  If I had to sew each one together I'd go crazy

I'm sewing them without the use of paper, and it's going fast.  I'm cutting 4 inch squares, then sewing two diagonal lines and cutting the squares in half between the sewn lines.  I press, and then I use my Bloc-Loc to square them up to 3 inches.  I'm SO glad I finally bought a Bloc-Loc.  I did not like the Eleanor Burns HST ruler as well.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 4:25 PM

Okay, here's a question about going scrappy that I will ask of both groups.  We are packaging 15 HSTs for each participant.  I have five fabric combos (per group) that I was considering using, however that would mean 3 HSTs of each combo per each participant, 5 combos per bag.  Is three a bad number?  Are there any quilters who need at least 4 or 6 of each HST combo in order to complete their pattern's design?  It won't matter to me if I'm using the "Tickled Pink" pattern we've been talking about, but I thought I should ask if it matters to anyone else.  I don't have to use all 5 (10) combos.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,955
Roxana replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 4:45 PM

MNnancy:

Okay, here's a question about going scrappy that I will ask of both quilts.  We are packaging 15 HSTs for each participant.  I have five fabric combos (per group) that I was considering using, however that would mean 3 HSTs of each combo per each participant, 5 combos per bag.  Is three a bad number?  Are there any quilters who need at least 4 or 6 of each HST combo in order to complete their pattern's design?  It won't matter to me if I'm using the "Tickled Pink" pattern we've been talking about, but I thought I should ask if it matters to anyone else.  I don't have to use all 5 (10) combos.

Good question, Nancy! I think I have heard that some would like at least 2 groups of four, though they've only mentioned it to me through PM, so that they can make pinwheels.  Let's see what the group says. I'm happy with whatever because I found a cute pinwheel design that uses scrappy pinwheels.

I'm not certain what I'm going to do with my 480 but I'm leaning toward the "Tickled Pink" quilt though. Mine are all scrappy (though I do have different fabrics for each separate group) and I was just going to divide them out into 15 baggies but some of you may prefer to have more than 2 or 3 of one square. We can't make everyone happy but we would like a group opinion.

SO, saying all that, I want to know what people in both groups think about the idea Nancy has. Please PM me your preference and I'll post a summary of what the majority say.  If you want at least one group of four, now's the time to mention it. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 6:37 PM

For me it doesn't matter, I'm going to make a random scrappy quilt with them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:37 PM

Count me as a random scrappy.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 447
Points 8,870
Judi replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 12:14 PM

Scrapper the better 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 531
Points 8,350
Joyce replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 2:12 PM

Roxana I have bought fabric already so all my blocks will be the same with a light & dark color.  I don't have fabric for fall in my stash so let me know if I need to purchase more if we need to make them different.

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,955
Roxana replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:00 PM

Joyce:

Roxana I have bought fabric already so all my blocks will be the same with a light & dark color.  I don't have fabric for fall in my stash so let me know if I need to purchase more if we need to make them different.

No, you do not have to buy more fabric. What you have is fine. You aren't the only one using just two colors.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:54 PM

Y'all have to stop making things so hard ,, " KISS " everyone.  this is suppose to be fun not college 101 LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:36 AM

I'm having fun with mine, the Go makes it so easy to cut triangles, then chain them . Of course the dreaded triming is next. LO L l have 130 of the first swap done. still need to buy for the second group. I'm only using two colors.

• Post Points: 50
Page 6 of 26 (386 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use