rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 10:52 AM

Hi to the members of HST swap group #1,

I am coming late to the party, and I would like collect 480 HSTs instead of 240!  In other words, I would like to join both HST swap groups.  Is there anyone here in group #1 that would be willing to move to group #2?  The swap requirements and timeline are exactly the same and you would still get your 240 fall HSTs.  By moving, you just open up a slot in group #1 that I can move into so that I can be in both as some of the other quilters are doing. 

Thanks for considering this request.  If you are willing to move, simply post your name here so that Roxana can make the change.  No hurt feelings if no one takes me up on this - I'll just have to make a large variety of HSTs on my own.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,844
Points 32,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 12:13 PM

Concerning Nancy's post: I feel confident that the 2nd group will have 16 participants as well by the deadline. Nancy just wants to have 480 HSTs with greater variety than if she just joined the 2nd HST Swap twice. Any volunteers (who aren't already doing both swaps) willing to move over? As she said, the requirements are all the same.... same number, same deadline, etc.

Thanks for considering it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hello group one, the change is in the works. MNNancy will fill my space as soon as Roxana has a minute to change the board.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,844
Points 32,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:57 PM

Caryl Anne:

Hello group one, the change is in the works. MNNancy will fill my space as soon as Roxana has a minute to change the board.  

CarylAnne, thanks so much! 

Nancy, I'm adding you to the first thread also and moving CarylAnne to the second one. I hope I am understanding correctly.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,844
Points 32,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:01 PM

To members of the initial HST Swap:

If you were thinking about joining the second group as well, I wanted you to know that only 4 spots remain. Isn't this fun?!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,844
Points 32,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:45 PM

To Those of You in BOTH Swaps:

Make sure that you are using different fabrics for each swap. 
AND
When shipping me your packages, please label your baggies as Group 1 or Group 2. Also mark on the outside of your envelope what group is enclosed.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:50 PM

Oh cool!  I'm in both groups (thank you CarylAnn!), and as my reward/punishment, I get to sew 480 HSTs along with some of the rest of you crazies!  Thanks, too, to Roxana for making all the arrangements.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,844
Points 32,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:56 PM

MNnancy:

Oh cool!  I'm in both groups (thank you CarylAnn!), and as my reward/punishment, I get to sew 480 HSTs along with some of the rest of you crazies!  Thanks, too, to Roxana for making all the arrangements.

You are most welcome. Remember the fabric for your second swap must be different!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:02 PM

Roxana:
Remember the fabric for your second swap must be different!

Oh yes, different it will be.  In fact, I'll have four combinations, maybe more, by the time it is all done.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I am gad to help y'all with the end results; y'all having to make soooo many HST.. I know you will have a blast., the hardest part is not in making then it is in deciding what fabrics to use.
Have Fun. Jacy, Barbara, Nancy, Roxana, and I believe I saw another doing both. whew!
Great swap is in the works. Thanks again for hosting this one Roxana. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,844
Points 32,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 10:01 PM

Those doing both swaps are Rhonnie, Karen, Jacy, Barbara, Nancy, and me. Any other takers?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

OK - I'm IN - - - is is Okk that I use Thangles or Laundry basket papers and leave the papers on?????

Gail 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,844
Points 32,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 10:28 PM

Gail,

The Laundry Basket papers are too small. Your finished size must be 2-1/2" which means unfinished it is a 3" square. Laundry Basket papers only go as large as an unfinished 2-1/2" - though they promise to have larger papers in the fall, too late for us. You can use Thangles but you have to remove the papers and open, press, and square up the 3" squares. Are you still in?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

Yes - I'm in - - - will have to start NOW!!!!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,844
Points 32,095
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 11:11 PM

Gail Nelson:

Yes - I'm in - - - will have to start NOW!!!!!!

Great! Thanks for joining the second group also!

Page 5 of 26 (386 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use