HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

rated by 0 users
This post has 385 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:37 AM

This swap will be hosted by Roxana ,Please do not sign up until she gets her instructions posted.  Thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 1:55 PM

Roxana its not working due to the links you will have to do them differently . sorry its a QCA thing  you'll have to split them into differnt threads  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 2:02 PM

Fall Fabric HST Swap

I'm hosting a Half Square Triangle (HST) swap with a fall theme. I don’t know about you but my summer calendar is filling up quickly and fall will be here in no time. Won’t it be wonderful to start the fall with a project using a variety of half square triangle units in the fall colors?

Everyone will be making 2-1/2" finished HST units (3" squared units).
We have room for 16 participants.

Signing up for this swap is a commitment, so please check the dates for anything you may be doing the week of mailing your package. After you have read the requirements for this swap and the information in the pages section of the Swap Group, please Private Message me with your real name, phone number, and both email and physical addresses.  -----  Once I have ALL your information, I will return my information to you by PM also.

Details:
Each participant will make 240 finished 2-1/2" HST units, measuring 3" squared.
The squares will each be two contrasting colors with a light color and a medium to dark color. All colors should be representative of the fall colors. You may use different fabrics as long as they meet the qualifications listed below and each HST is contrasting in nature.

You can choose any method you want to make your HST's as long as you have (240) 2-1/2" finished HST’s (3" squares) and use scant 1/4" seams. The fabric requirement will depend on what method you prefer for making your HST's, but approximately 1-1/4 yard of each color will do. All fabric must be quality, quilting fabric as specified on the pages of the Swap Group and should be tonal, mottled, stripes, patterns, or prints. Only one of your fabrics may be a solid if you want but it's not required. Before you go shopping, you need to figure out how much material you need to get the (240) 2-1/2" finished HST’s using your chosen method. 

If you are new to Half Square Triangles, two resources you may check out are the Easy Half Square Triangle Tutorial  (starting with a 6-3/4” square) or a downloadable PDF file of 12 HST's per page from Quilting and Whatnot.  Again, you may make your HST’s using any method (paper tools, rulers, etc.) you prefer as long as your finished, pressed squares measure 3".

Please press and trim your HST units and double check to make certain they all squared up to 3" squares before putting them in the bags. Place 15 squares in a sandwich bag and mail your 16 sandwich bags to me.

The swap will remain open until one of the following happens:
(A) We have 16 participants (15 plus me) OR
(B) August 21
If we do not have 16 participants by August 21, participants can choose to do a second set, or we can just go with the number that we have and increase the number each person will receive so that each participant receives a variety of 240 finished squares.

All blocks will be mailed to me so that I receive them by September 4. You may mail them to me sooner if you have them completed. Once I have all the bagged units, I will sort them out and mail them back to you by September 25. Each person must include a return postage paid, self-addressed envelope (preferably using US Priority mail). You can send them in a flat rate envelope and include the same for your return. Please do NOT put any postage stamps on your return envelope. I'll let you know as soon as I can what size flat rate envelope it will take. (You can order a package of 3 pre-paid envelopes from the PO with free shipping. If you need more information about envelopes, go to USPS.)

I hope you are as excited about this swap as I am. Let's have fun!

Participants:

1. Roxana
2. Nancy
3. Barbara
4. Mimi
5. Liz
6. Regina
7. Judi
8. Gail
9. Karla
10. Jacy
11. Karen
12. Rachel
13. Rhonnie
14. Debbie
15. Sewgirl Diane
16. Bonita

That completes our participant group of 16. Thank you, everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 2:06 PM

It worked this time .YOu will have to add the links in another post  I know its weird  .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 2:09 PM

Roxana:

If you are new to Half Square Triangles, two resources you may check out are the Easy Half Square Triangle Tutorial  (starting with a 6-3/4” square) or a downloadable PDF file of 12 HST's per page from Quilting and Whatnot.  Again, you may make your HST’s using any method (paper tools, rulers, etc.) you prefer as long as your finished, pressed squares measure 3".

The Easy Half Square Triangle Tutorial can be found on the Web: http://youtu.be/bqPx2yuppaM

The free HST paper PDF file can be found on the Web: http://www.quiltingandwhatnot.ca/Half-Square-Triangle.html

Hope this helps!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 2:17 PM

Roxana:

Fall Fabric HST Swap

All blocks will be mailed to me so that I receive them by September 4. You may mail them to me sooner if you have them completed. Once I have all the bagged units, I will sort them out and mail them back to you by September 25. Each person must include a return postage paid, self-addressed envelope (preferably using US Priority mail). You can send them in a flat rate envelope and include the same for your return. Please do NOT put any postage stamps on your return envelope. I'll let you know as soon as I can what size flat rate envelope it will take. (You can order a package of 3 pre-paid envelopes from the PO with free shipping. If you need more information about envelopes, go to USPS.)

The Web site for the USPS store and Pre-Paid Flat Rate Priority Mail is http://uspsstore.stamps.com/Store/catalog/sub_category.jsp?id=cat961410023&_requestid=20651&sslr=true

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:47 PM

Roxana to get more notice you can post a thread on the main forum  sometimes folks don't even go to the groups unless they are aware of a special event .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:00 PM

What's the main forum called?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:09 PM

Roxana:

What's the main forum called?

Barbara, I posted it in the Quiltmaking Forum. Is that the main one?

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 8,935
Judi replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:21 PM

Sent you my info. I hope you got it.  Some how QCA has me with 2 email addresses!  I guess I will need to call them and fix that!  

This is going to be fun!  I can't wait to get my fabric and start!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:24 PM

OK, I'll give it a try...240, guess I better get cracking with this one.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:39 PM

Do all the HST's have to be all made from the same 2 fabrics, or can we make a couple of different combos?

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:40 PM

I forgot so say I'll do this swap too.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Great to see this open, I am sure we will all benefit from a beautiful HST swap. TY again to Roxana for hosting this swap that Judi suggested.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:53 PM

Jacy:
can we make a couple of different combos?

I was hoping that we could make it scrappy too Jacy.  I was thinking that I have a lot of quality fall fabrics in my stash already and would love use them up.  If we have to make 240 HST blocks for 16 people that would mean you could use 15 different fabrics with a background to give everyone a nice mix of fall splendor.  I hope it's going to be okay.

• Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 26 (386 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use