PILLOWCASE EXCHANGE: Hostess Karen.

rated by 0 users
This post has 350 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Debbie,

I love my new pillowcases I received from you.  OMG, the green and yellow are gorgeous and I can't wait to put them on my bed this weekend when I strip my bed.  Here is the picture of them.  LOVE them.  Also, thank you for the little gift, I love it.  I put it in the picture with the pillowcases as well.  I love hearts too, so it was absolutely darling.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 12:38 PM

Karen Hollis:

Hi Nan,

The snowman material was a stash of fabric that my sweet mother had.  When she passed last year, my father wanted me to take all of her sewing and scrapbooking things.  Needless to say, I needed another room in my house for all of this.  LOL  When I started quilting after I lost my mom and then 5 weeks later lost my oldest son, Jason, my dad told me, "I don't know what we would have done, because if your mother was still alive she would have taken quilting up with you and there is no way we had room for more material."  

My sweet mom loved doing everything I did and we had a great time together.  What memories I have.  

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

,Karen I love the stories of your Mom Oh how lucky you were .  I can't wait to meet you at retreat so I can hear more ..   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 12:39 PM

Karen  awesome pillowcase  from Debbie..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 4:00 PM

Thanks Karen....i am happy you could use your mom's fabric......i bet she is quilting with you in heaven.

I have so much fabric as Quilted Hugs from Maddie still has so much. It takes an entire bedroom. And i have give away bags full to local quilters. And have even mailed some but that was too expensive.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Nan,

That is so sweet that you can share with quilters.  I know they really appreciate that.  You are probably right about her quilting with me in Heaven.  Every time I make something, I always think to myself, "Isn't it pretty Mama?  I wished you were here to touch it and see it."

She always had to feel of the material.  So sweet was she!!!!!!!!!!!  I wished more than anything that I knew how to quilt before both of them passed.  I would have made a special quilt for my son so he could cover with it.  He was cold all of the time.

Karen HOllis

Texas Girl

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 6:09 PM

Karen,

i believe your son has found one of your quilts in heaven to keep warm.  My mom sewed our clothes as children but never quilted, so was too busy working. She loved her job, worked till day before she moved from. FL to TN with me. 4 months later. She was gone. I do as you do..talking to her snd showing her the cretions i make. She loved that i was creative. She also loved that i was a rolling. Stone..never gathered any moss!  She asked me to keep her ashes somshe could share in my adventures.

i did but i also found an idea which i think is even better. I keep her old drivers license in my wallet so she literally goes on all my adventures.  Grand kids are I always get a balloon on special days, birthdays anniversaries. We go to our cul de sac, say a prayer, sing happy birthday if appropriate and let balloon go. The grand kids just love this and they usually like to ask questions about them afterwards. I think this is special.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 6:10 PM

Creations..i do not make cretions!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 12:03 PM

Has anyone heard from Rhonnie?  I mailed her pillowcases on July 5 and have sent her a PM to make sure they arrived.  I have had no acknowledgement.  Sure hope everything is okay with her.

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 5:16 AM

Kathy , I have not seen here , could they be on extended vacation?   Or maybe she is one of those folks that has the IE and has not figured out how to get back online.  There have been several members with this problem form what I"ve seen on Facebook .  I'll keep an eye out for her on the Facebook groups .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 1:38 PM
Rhonnie Schaaff

I have tried many times but seems I never find it next time I'm on the page. I had sent her a message as well please ask her to look.I even took the pic but the site won't accept my posts. If you would please post and tell her DH is waiting for Christmas now I'd appreciate it. I was hoping it was see able via others just not me. I

Kathy here is the message I got form Rhonnie., Guess she tried when QCA was having problems .  She loves them as I do .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 1:58 PM

Barbara, thanks so much!  I couldn't get the message or the pictures but the important thing is that she received them!  I just cannot get full trust in our PO.  It is funny that her DH likes Betty Boop:)

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 15,700
Erin replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:32 PM

I have more faith in the PO than in QCA lately; they have disappointed A LOT of people lately!    I LOVE Betty Boop, wish we could see a pic!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 18,975

Since I'm not that computer savvy, I don't mind problems with QCA. Every time I call my daughter for help with my computer, I don't understand what she's say anyway. I have a some with Torette's syndrome. He taught a lot of patience. Still, I'm glad to see it back up again.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:26 PM

For me, July is over (mail delivered) and if someone is waiting for a thanks from me, please know that I have not received any pillowcases.  Sure hope nothing has happened in the mail and that you may just be a little late in mailing.  Also, I will be leaving Saturday morning and won't be home until 8/17, so if they arrive during that time period you won't hear until I return home.

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Kathy,

I will check into it.  But, the deadline to mail out to everyone was today, so keep that in mind.  Hopefully, you will get something by Saturday or Monday at the latest.  I will check to see though.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Page 21 of 24 (351 items) «Prev1920212223Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use