PILLOWCASE EXCHANGE: Hostess Karen.

rated by 0 users
This post has 350 Replies | 23 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 745
Sew cat replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 7:34 AM

Some gals get together at my church once a month and sew and its today!  I will be working on my two sets of pillowcases. The real fun part is picking out the material, the pictures you ladies have sent in are so nice of your pillowcases, I will mail mine out in July too. ( hope I don't have to use the old seam ripper today, ha) 

Carol

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 700
vynnp replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:35 AM

I had so much fun making mine, I just couldn't wait to send them. Hope you enjoy them ( whoever you are). Mailed them today

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:39 AM

Carol, have fun.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Vynn,

That is funny.  Way to keep it a surprise.  Whoever gets them will be so joyful.  They are fun to make. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Carol,

Definitely on board with Barbara, have fun!!!!!  But, I will tell you, if I don't use a ripper half of the time, I wouldn't know what I was doing.  LOL  It is like driving somewhere, I have to turn around at least one time just to get there.  Must be the blonde hair. 

And then, the girls at the church are going to envy you.  You will be teaching them how to do them.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:53 AM

Oh Karen I'm with  you I have to use the seam ripper at least half a dozen times a day.  It would not be a normal day if I didn't  LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 15,700
Erin replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:32 PM

I wanted to check in...I have not made it to the post office to mail out my pillowcases yet...I will do it this week while out running errands. I'll post here and let you know the mail date Karen and Barbara.   

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:02 AM

Some of you gals are way ahead of me.  I haven't even found fabric I like enough yet....

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080

OK, Well I just ordered my Christmas fabric. I can't wait to get it to get these pillowcases made. I am so excited to send them to my recipient. Thank you so much Karen for hosting this swap.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Erin,

Sounds good.  No rush!  The end of July is the date to send them off.  I hope you had fun.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Melissa,

I can't wait for everyone to get them and let me know what they think of them.  I am excited also.  Can't wait to send mine out.  I will wait closer to the end of July, but still can't wait to do so.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 2:26 PM

I was able to get my Christmas set done at the retreat.  But I wouldn't let Linda take a picture and post it...didn't want to spoil the fun!

Now...what to do for the other set....time to think & peruse my stash....

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 15,700
Erin replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 2:42 PM

My cases are done and ready to go but after a wicked kitten scratch to my eye and several trips to eye doctor and ungodly prescription costs I am tapped out this month.  Next pay I will be back on track and be able to send them out around the first wee of July.   On a good note, I am finally able to see again and I'll be able to doing some sewing and embroidery! :)  They were fun to make and maybe next time I'll be able to do more than just one set.

Erin

Karen Hollis:

Erin,

Sounds good.  No rush!  The end of July is the date to send them off.  I hope you had fun.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 9:05 PM

Erin, gald to hear the eye is healing. now keep kitty out of your face,,LOL    

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 15,700
Erin replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 9:44 PM

Barbara:

Erin, gald to hear the eye is healing. now keep kitty out of your face,,LOL    

I've been wearing dark sunglasses all day and she is very intrigued with them!!  I guess that night she wasn't tired and wanted to play...she woke me up QUICK! Needless to say she is not sleeping in my room anymore...lol

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 11 of 24 (351 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use