PILLOWCASE EXCHANGE: Hostess Karen.

rated by 0 users
This post has 350 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,306
Points 18,225
Erin replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:22 AM

You explained just fine Karen- you said a SET of pillowcases.  When you buy a SET of cases from a store, they are matching.  

Karen Hollis:

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry there is confusion.  It is my fault.  If you have made pillowcases already and they are co-ordinating and not exactly alike, it is ALL GOOD.  I didn't specify.  NO ONE will be dissapointed in anything you send.  This is ALL FOR FUN, SOMETHING NEW!  I am easy and I am okay with whatever you all want to do.  I can't wait to get mine and I can't wait for the person I have to get theirs.  It is TOTALLY like Holiday Fun.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:26 AM

Karen, not your fault. probably mine because of the way I shop and decorate.  I always buy (when I buy) 2 sets ( a set to me is just 2 cases) that coordinate and then put one of each on the bed.  Just call me crazy, but I just love to have variety.

I am going to make two more that match and stay with your program.  Roxanna had offered to switch partners with me which I thought was extremely kind but I decided against that so I wouldn't mess with your list.  God knows you have enough to keep straight and I might add you have done an excellent job!

Kathy

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

NO, Kathy, it is alright, REALLY.  You will make me feel bad if you do that.  You will be fine and so will the person that gets your pillowcases.  Please, I am begging you to leave it the way you did them.  Just like you said, it was okay with others to do the switching of names so that you didn't have to go make more.  Trust me, I am a very honest person and I am fine with it.  And let me say, it is okay to be different.  This would be a boring world if we were all alike.  You go girl!  And, thank you for the compliment.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

And Kathy, can I just say, I want to hug and kiss that little dog on your picture.  Too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:22 PM

Thanks, that is my Miss Daisy, who started out as a foster rescue dog who had two complicated surgeries and then I just couldn't let her go,, so I adopted her.  She is definitely my baby (now that mine are all grown and gone).  She loves her golf cart rides so I got a plate for the cart that says "Driving Miss Daisy":)

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Kathy, That is just the cutest story ever.  How darling and I understand what you mean.  My boy are all grown and gone and I have a little Bella.  She is a Yorkie and she will be 2 in August and she only weighs maybe 3 pounds.  She is the love of my life.  She doesn't really like me quilting because I can't play with her at the same time or I can't sit and hold her.  But, she is so precious.  :)  Tell Miss Daisy hello from Bella.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,390
Points 23,155
Debbie replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:11 PM

Kathy:
I am going to make two more that match and stay with your program.

Kathy, if you have my name, don't worry about making another set.  I like variety and would love two coordinating pillowcases.  

That's what I wanted to do but will follow directions, since I now know.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 3:40 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know I recieved some beautiful pillowcases froam Regina today. thanks you so much Regina I kove them .I really enjoyed the cranberry history , since I love cranberries it was really some great information.  the floral cases were beautiful as well .As soon as I can get some pictures taken  I'll show everyone..  Thanks Again Regina ,I loved them. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,306
Points 18,225
Erin replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 3:57 PM

I have your set of pillowcases finished and ready to go Barbara but was waiting to mail....I thought it was Christmas in July!   I will go ahead and mail them out tomorrow.

Erin

Barbara:

I just wanted to let everyone know I recieved some beautiful pillowcases froam Regina today. thanks you so much Regina I kove them .I really enjoyed the cranberry history , since I love cranberries it was really some great information.  the floral cases were beautiful as well .As soon as I can get some pictures taken  I'll show everyone..  Thanks Again Regina ,I loved them. Barbara

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 4:09 PM

Erin ,just  when ever , you can wait until july if you want .It's no big deal .  I'm happy to get them anytime so yipee  LOL  Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 8,735
Judi replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:54 PM

I found the cutest fabric yesterday!  I am so happy to be able to us se this for someone who can enjoy it!  I will be making my pillowcases this weekend and actually be ahead of myself for once!!!

Is there a mailing date that everyone is mailing or do we just mail when we have the cases ready?  

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 1,175

Barbara,

You are welcome!  I was really nervous about using the non-traditional Christmas fabric, I am glad they made you happy.

Regina

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 2:29 PM

Regina I loved them , I need to get a photo soe everyone can see how beautiful they are.  I'll try and get one done today .. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

UT OH !! I thought the swap for a  Christmas in July. I have mine ready but since It was for July. Oh gee I am confused. Please let me know what I am suppose to do. I don't think I want mine until July.  if you have my name please wait to send my package.  Thanks,

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 2:47 PM

Mine are ready also, but like you I thought it was Christmas in July and I am not going to mail them until July.

Kathy

Page 9 of 24 (351 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use