PILLOWCASE EXCHANGE: Hostess Karen.

rated by 0 users
This post has 350 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Hi Everyone:

I sent out a PM to everyone in the Pillowcase Exchange giving you your giftee name and their information.  I don't think I left anyone out.  LOL  PLEASE PM ME AS SOON AS YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION TO LET ME KNOW YOU RECEIVED THE MESSAGE.  If for some reason you didn't get anything, let me know as well. 

This was great and I appreciate all of the support for my first Hostess Swap.  You all made it so much fun for me. 

Debbie, thank you for the information about the pillowcases for Oklahoma.  The information is there for everyone to see so if they want to send some they surely can.  I know we have our hands full with the tornado victims in Grandbury Texas and the fertilizer plant explosion in West Texas.

Please keep all of these people in your daily prayers.  God is working even if we can't see it.  He is always there, ON TIME.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:20 PM

Hi Debbie:  I think I read one post from Karen that said one set would be Christmas and the other set a surprise.  I hope that is correct.  I have already bought fabric.  But then it would be nice to know a persons colors or likes.  But on the other hand I'm looking forward to being surprised.  Oh my if I could only make my mind up. ha  Have a nice weekend.  I hope the storms are finished for you all.  Thank the Lord you were safe and your daughter is also.  I watched some of the rain & storm and people driving in it on the news. 

Joyce

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,380
Points 24,095
Roxana replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:39 PM

Debbie, glad you are all safe. Thanks for the info on the pillowcases for OKC.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Hi everyone. I think there is a little confusion. In saying this please make a set(pair)the exact same colors and pattern just like buying them from a store. Also, you don't have to contact the person you have for colors or whatever. The happiness of this is you will be surprised when you get your pillowcases because it is all a surprise. 

Have fun ladies

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:50 PM

Thanks Karen I thought that was what you meant.  It will be fun.

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 10:16 PM

Karen,

I got the PM with my person. Sorry I didn't get back to you until now, I've been gone all day.  I will make the pillowcases next week after my grand daughter goes back home.

Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 5:14 AM

Karen, this is the first I have seen that the set had to be exact.  I had bought coordinating fabrics for my Christmas set but with the exact header and trim, so I guess you are saying that is not correct.  Please clarify as my cases are done and I may have to redo this set.

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,380
Points 24,095
Roxana replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:29 AM

Kathy:

Karen, this is the first I have seen that the set had to be exact.  I had bought coordinating fabrics for my Christmas set but with the exact header and trim, so I guess you are saying that is not correct.  Please clarify as my cases are done and I may have to redo this set.

Kathy, if you have my name, I am content with what you've already made. I'm going to give mine to grandchildren and they don't need to be identical.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 12:26 PM

Thanks Roxanna, but I have someone else's name, not yours.

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,380
Points 24,095
Roxana replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 1:07 PM

Kathy:

Thanks Roxanna, but I have someone else's name, not yours.

Maybe Karen can swap the names. I hate for you to have to make two more pillowcases!

Not Ranked
Posts 63
Points 1,170

Roxana,

If you have my name. coordinating pillowcases are fine with me too!

Regina

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 4:59 AM

WE can talk about swapping names thou I really have no problem making 2 more.  I work with ConKerr Cancer for Kids and make between 10 and 20 pillowcases a month for them.  I was also thinking about using them for the OK shop that someone mentioned on here for the Tornado victims.  I have to go back and find that post and get the address.  A bunch of us here made them for the Newtown kids after their disaster, so I have learned to whip them out pretty fast.

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Kathy, please do not remake them.  Go ahead and send them out.  I just assumed that when I said to make a set, everyone would know they were to be exactly alike just like you would buy them at a store.  But, that is okay, all is good.  Please, send them out.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

That is good.  You have plenty of time.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry there is confusion.  It is my fault.  If you have made pillowcases already and they are co-ordinating and not exactly alike, it is ALL GOOD.  I didn't specify.  NO ONE will be dissapointed in anything you send.  This is ALL FOR FUN, SOMETHING NEW!  I am easy and I am okay with whatever you all want to do.  I can't wait to get mine and I can't wait for the person I have to get theirs.  It is TOTALLY like Holiday Fun.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Page 8 of 24 (351 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use