PILLOWCASE EXCHANGE: Hostess Karen.

rated by 0 users
This post has 350 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Thu, May 23 2013 8:09 AM

This exchange will be hosted by Karen , Please do not sign up until she has a chance to write down allt he requirements . Thanks Karen this will be fun. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

This is a fun swap.  This swap will have as many people that wants to do it.  The deadline to join this swap will be May 31st. 

The Pillow Case Swap:

1. Deadline to enter into this swap will be May 31st.

2. I will draw names for everyone and will let you know who you have.  You will mail your pillow cases to the person you have no later than August 1st.

3. I have had suggestions to do two sets of pillow cases so we will do two sets.  One set will be a Christmas theme set and the other one will be a surprise set, what ever you want to make it.  So, 2 sets.  These are inexpensive to make and so much fun. Two sets may take a total of 1.5-2 hours

4. Please use this video to help you out.  These pillow cases will need to have the French Seams.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=-j06WzmN7KI

5. Please PM to give me your address to mail your pillow cases to.

6.Come June 1st I will let everyone know who they have and the address to send their pillow cases to.  You can send them when you get them done.  You do not have to wait until the end of July to send them.

7.  Spread the word so all can join that wants to.  Have fun.  I will keep everyone posted.  PM me, even if you have let me know you want in.  Please resend me a PM to let me know and give me your address.

READY-SET-GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Christmas material is in shops now.  Have fun.  And for the second set, surprise me.  I hope everyone will send pictures of the ones they get from their person.

I AM MAKING A LITTLE CHANGE HERE:  I HAVE SOME PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DO ONE SET AND OTHERS WHO WANT TO DO TWO SETS. SO WHEN YOU PM ME YOU NEED TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THE SWAP FOR ONE SET OR FOR TWO SETS.  I WANT EVERYONE TO BE A PART OF THIS.  NOW WE ARE READY TO GET GOING.  IF YOU DON'T LET ME KNOW WHICH EXCHANGE (1 OR 2 SETS) YOU WANT, I WILL BE PUTTING YOU IN 2 SETS AUTOMATICALLY.  THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN KEEP THINGS STRAIGHT.  IF YOU ARE DOING THE ONE SET, IT WILL BE THE CHRISTMAS MATERIAL THAT YOU WILL SEND.

Material for the Pillow Case is as follows:

Sleeve:  1/4 yd (9")

Body of Pillow: 3/4 yd (27")

Accent Piece: 1/8 yd (2 1/2")

The accent piece NEEDS to be in the pillow cases but you do not have to make it as wide if you do not want to and if you want you can use a good lace for it as well.

One Set                                                                                                                                                                    

1 Erin   

2 Judi                                                                                                                                                                            

Two Sets

1. Melissa H

2. Susie B

3. Vyn W.

4. Kathy F.

5. Jeanne M.

6. Joyce R.

7. Phyllis L.

8. Rhonnie S.

9. Regina S.

10. Diane T.

11. Carol R.

12. Roxana W.

Both Sets

1. Barbara R.

2.Caryl Anne

3. Karen H.

4. Debbie R.

This is what I have as of today, May 31st at 3:30 pm.                                                                                                                                                 

• Post Points: 260
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

I love making pillow cases. Please count me in. I will send you a friend request. Such an adorable idea.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Thu, May 23 2013 9:29 AM

WOOHOO!!!  I am so, in on this one!

So, 2 sets, one of Christmas fabric & one of something fun.  I can't wait!  This has really given me a great idea for Christmas presents this year.  I struggle with the sheer number of people I have in my family and am always looking for ways to make something for each one.  I think this is what I need to get me going.  If I make a set for each person, I'll need 31 sets.  DAng...that's a LOT of pillowcases!

Quick question, though...when I make mine, I don't do french seams, but I do cover my  top seams, will that work ok?

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Great Melissa!  Yes please PM me soon.  Have fun with it.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,510

Karen

That is a great video. I have these same "Hot Dog" pillow case instructions ( I think Marge P posted them ages ago) but I love the video. I've pinned it to my Pinterest account so I can find it again.

Right now, I'm waffling on taking part. IF I get the State Blocks done this week I just might do the Pillowcase exchange. I hope everyone does the french seams as I think that's very important. They are so simple and the video should help anyone who is uncertain of the process.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Yes, I agree Judy.  The French Seams are great and very easy to do.  If I can do them, anyone can do them.  LOL  I hope you can join, this will be fun.  I am trying to finish my State blocks by the end of next week.  I know I can't this weekend because I am going to get out and enjoy some sun and the company of my twin sister at a Resort in San Antonio where we will be living in the huge man made lazy river.  I can't wait. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Hi susie,

I am hoping that you will do the French Seams.  They are real easy to do.  Look at the video.  I think if you do it this way you will always do it from now on.  Let me know.  I just do not want any freying going on.  I want beautiful seams.  PM me.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Erin

Please get back with me.  I opened it up for one set as well.  PM me with all of your information. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Thu, May 23 2013 11:23 AM

I just watched the video.  Isn't that the coolest, easiest way to do a pillowcase!!!  It sure beats the hand-tacking to hide the seams!!!

Count me as the newly edu-macated in proper pillowcase seams!  lol!!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Susie

You are too funny.  LOL  I knew you could do it.  It is a great video and the pillow cases are so much fun to make.  They don't take long to whip out either.  They are also beautifully finished when you are done. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, May 23 2013 12:04 PM

How fun is this swap, Karen, Put me on a 1 set and a 2 set swap. I love to make the pillowcases. I’ll give Mother one set for her bed and I will take two sets for my house, Oh I am excited. In the one set swap that will be a Christmas themed fabric, and the two set will be Christmas and any other fabric of our choosing, Yes? ty again, for the idea.

For those not knowing the French seam, if you try it on a scrap rectangle,you can see how easy it really is, when doing fashion sewing it is imperative to do the French seams on fabrics like chiffon or homespun cottons. Of course, now with everyone having those great sergers many do not bother with them, however, they give such a professional finished look. The only difference in sewing the FS is that you place wrong sides together for the first stitching, trim the seam allowance, then turn RST and stitch again.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

To answer the 1set vs the 2 sets, you are correct.  The people that want to do a 1 set will be the Christmas Material.  If you want to do both that is fine with me.  The more the marrier.  For the 2 sets, one will be Christmas and one will be a surprise, anything you wish to do.  Yes, it is so much fun.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, May 23 2013 1:01 PM

Karen ,I want in for one set  and  Iwill also do the two sets ,so If I can be in both I'd love it .  thanks this is going to be fun.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Sure thing Barbara.  I have you in for both sets.  Don't forget the ONE set is the Christmas fabric and the TWO sets is one Christmas and one surprise fabric.  I know it will be fun and I am so glad that we are going to get to do this swap.  I was afraid my idea wouldn't go over but boy am I surprised.  I love it and you are in.  PM me to give me your address when you can.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 24 (351 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use