Fabric Swap : Fourth Of July : Hostess Pyllis

rated by 0 users
This post has 113 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 8:50 PM

We all understand, Mimi, life just seems to keep happening to us all in one form or another!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:13 PM

They're on their way as of 1:30 this afternoon, Phyllis and everyone else.  Should arrive on Thursday according to the receipt.  I found a great free pattern on Bonnie Hunter's site for a patriotic quilt.  Hope to use most of the FQ's to make it up before the summer is over.  I also have a hexi wall hanging I want to make with the scraps I don't use for the quilt.  Thanks for your understanding.  You would think the end of school would be easier but I think it's harder than starting school.  Thanks again for being patient with me. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:15 PM

Oh....I forgot to add that the post office made me put a $5.60 stamp on the return envelope so I hope this is going to be okay.  My good friend from HS is a postal worker and she said that's the way it's done. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:49 AM

Mimi that will work since it is a Po stamp and not from a book of stamps . its those little ones that get us in trouble ..LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:57 PM

Hale, Hale, the fabric's all in !  Mimi's arrived today and again, beautiful fabric.  Mimi, nothing wrong with having more than two fabric/colors in your sets.  Others did that also.  I do wish that if you send more than two fabric/colors in your fat quarters you would send some ugly ones!  It is just too hard to decide which one I want so I didn't decide.  Finally, I just put all of them under a towel and pulled one out and set it on a stack and kept going until they were all gone.  I didn't even know which one I was going to end up with.

Everyone is getting a beautiful set of fabrics.  We did have one little issue.  Everyone needs to be aware that a fat quarter is a piece of fabric that is 18" by 22".  Most quilt shops that I have ever been too are quite willing to cut my fabric into fat quarters for me at no charge.  Then I don't have to measure and measure and cut at home.  With that being said, we did receive a set of fat quarters that are not really fat quarters.  However, we got plenty of fabric and it is lovely fabric so I just went ahead and sent them along to everyone. 

They are all packed up and I will take two trash bags full to the post office on my lunch hour tomorrow and get them on their way.  Just can't wait for you all to see the fabric!  This has been such fun I have enjoyed hosting my first swap!  Thanks to everyone for their patience and their helpful advice.  Special thanks to Barbara who just always jumps in right where she is needed.  Thanks for the "little extra's" too. 

Once I get the busy busy business of June behind me and can breath again, I'll definitely think of another swap to suggest and host!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:49 PM

i just discovered this quilting board and it is exactly what i have been looking for.  i joined the hst swap and am looking forward to more.  i would be willing to host a swap and wondered if there are rules/regulations/guidelines, etc. and how you go about it.  would you be willing to share that info with me?  thank you so much.......

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:05 PM

Barb is in charge of the swaps and she can answer any and all of your questions.  She is part of this swap so she will see your post and respond soon.  Welcome aboard, this is a great place!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:20 AM

I received my beautiful fabric while I was gone.  Phyllis you are right  it is outstanding . Thanks Everyone . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:25 PM

Phyllis, I also, received my beautiful fabric today. I just love it !  Thanks Ladies!              Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:35 PM

Phyllis, my fabulous fabric arrived today!!  Thanks everyone!  I can't wait to get started making my quilt with it.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 24,005
Debbie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:58 PM

Phyllis - received mine today.   already had a table runner for the 4th in mind, it's done but need to quilt it tomorrow night.  pictures will be up tomorrow night when done, well maybe Wed.  

now, what to do with the rest?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 325

Yay! My package arrived yesterday.   Thanks everyone for the wonderful selections and to Phyllis for hosting and doing all the heavy work.   Now on to the intended project and a Happy 4th to y'all.,

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Points 3,395

Got my wonderful material yesterday got home late so really got  chance to look it over carefully today.  Oh the decisions decisions!!! Lol thought I knew what I was going to make. It will be fun deciding. Thanks everyone and to Phyllis for hosting the swap.

Kerry g

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,135
Liz replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:09 AM

phyllis, ahhh i see what u mean, these fabrics r beautiful

now to decide what to make, better get going, the happy holidays are almost  upon us

happy summer sewing

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 24,005
Debbie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:01 AM

Here's what I made with some of my FQs.  Pattern is called Red, White & Blue table runner, from Allpeoplequilt.com.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 80
Page 7 of 8 (114 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use