Batik fabirc swap ,hostess will be Debbie

rated by 0 users
This post has 85 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara Posted: Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:26 AM

This is for a Batik  Fabric swap to be hosted by Debbie ,Please do not sign up till she gets a chance to post her requirements for this swap . Thank You  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 23,430
Debbie replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:52 PM

Hi all, this will be a fun and easy swap. We all love Batiks ,so get your fabric ready, you will need 12 FQ  for this swap (this is 3-3 1/4 yds to be sufficient to  cut on the grain..Please use one fabric)

This swap is open to 12 participants ,or until May 6th 2013 which ever come first  ,( this is my birthday ,so I can remember the date) .please remember if you sign up this is a commitment ,and other are depending on you to follow thru.  Fabric should be of good quilt shop  quality and cut  18" X 22". depending if fabric is 42 or 44 in. WOF. Please make sure fabric is cut with the gain an selvage need not be removed. There are cutting instructions listed in the pages section of this group if you are not  sure .

Mail your fabric to me before May 24th 2013 I will provide you all with my address per  private message ,( I also ask you send your address to me per private message so that I can have for my reconds,they will be for my use only ).

Fabric will be returned from me on May 31st 2013, this allows me a few days with the holiday weekend. A flat rate envelope will hold these .The postage will be $ 5.60 .for both packages. Please sent your fabric in a gallon zip-locks bag with an address label on bag.this protects the fabric should your package be damaged during shipping. YOu can send a return prepaid envelope, A check for $5.60 or a prepaid postage label if you have the home post office system. with your package . Please make sure it is addressed. DO NOT USE POSTAGE STAMPS . Po will  not pick up form home with postage stamps ,must be a prepaid printed label .

If you find you can not get fabric to me by this date, please  private message me  and we can get something worked out . 

Now lets have some fun and remember only 12 are taking part so sign -up early.. Thanks Debbie.                                                                                    CC .Barbara

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 1:13 PM

Debbie,me ,me ,me ,you better add me ..LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,415
Points 40,220
Mimi replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 3:35 PM

I gotta do this one too.  Sign me up Debbie.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 4:25 PM

Sign me up please. I'll be mailing mine to you before May 14, as we will be in Italy on May 24.  Wahoo!!!!

One clarification please. Can we purchase our own return postage as long as it is not postage stamps?

Arrivederci

northern colorado

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 23,430
Debbie replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 4:42 PM

Lillie - yes, postage stamps are fine.  I'm jealous, Itlay!  don't you need a maid or something, someone to carry your bags, I can fit in your bags??  anything?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

Hi Debbie - I would like to participate if there is an opening.....

Thanks,

Gail

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 7:22 AM

Debbie:

Lillie - yes, postage stamps are fine.  I'm jealous, Itlay!  don't you need a maid or something, someone to carry your bags, I can fit in your bags??  anything?

We do need someone to drive us to the wine country!  lol

OK, I'm confused about the postage from your

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 10:20 AM

Lillie, Yes you can purchase your own postage, and have it placed on a return envelope, Just put it in the package you send to Debbie, I have the home post office system ,and I just usually print up a postage Label and send it with my fabric,  Do not use stamps on your retutn envelope make sure it is a postage pre paid label.

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 5:26 PM

Barbara:

Lillie, Yes you can purchase your own postage, and have it placed on a return envelope, Just put it in the package you send to Debbie, I have the home post office system ,and I just usually print up a postage Label and send it with my fabric,  Do not use stamps on your retutn envelope make sure it is a postage pre paid label.

Barbara

Oh thanks Barbara. That makes perfect sense to me now. I can do a pre-printed postage label once I figure out how much everything weighs. 

northern colorado

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Hi Debbie, I'd like to be included in this swap. It is my birthday month also so I am looking at this as a present to myself.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 23,430
Debbie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 10:00 PM

Got you, Melissa. What day is your birthday?

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 23,430
Debbie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 10:05 PM

Alright, looking good - got 6 so far:

Barbara

Lillie

Gail

Mimi

Lillie

and me

still a few more weeks to sign up. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

I have got my beautiful batik from Alley Fabric Nook, ID today - - - -

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,415
Points 40,220
Mimi replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:34 AM

HI and Welcome Gail!  I went to the first anniversary celebration of my LQS and bought my batik today too. Luscious color, just luscious.  It was so much fun to see everyone.  I'm so glad Susan is being successful.  She has a beautiful shop. Of course I had to buy some backing for my baby quilt and some newer patterns that just jumped off the wall at me.  Hope to get these FQ's in the mail soon.

Page 1 of 6 (86 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use