rated by 0 users
This post has 114 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Fri, May 3 2013 10:33 AM

Susie:

Ladies--I haven't heard anything from thistle, so we may be 2 block short on the swap.  I'll see if I can get them done before the rest come in so that we have a full swap.  Just wanted to let you all know where we are!  I know it's been a really long swap and we are all anxious to see the results, but please be patient just a bit longer! 

I'm hoping that they will all be to me by Wednesday next week so I can get them out by Saturday, the 11th.

Susie, to keep you from having to do more. I have some silver fabric and can make some more if you need me to. I can't remember Thistle's other color but I know I have the silver that would make up cute. Believe it or not, I still have black as well. Your plate has been so full, I hate for you to have to do more. ... Then again, a 10 block swap would work as well and we can each make two extra blocks to go in our projects of colors we want to. Since I did two, I was expecting 24 blocks to be returned to me and I don't think I was going to use the full 24 in a project but I don't have that paper in front of me now. Just let me know how you want me to help and your deadline. You've done so much just hosting the swap! Thank you. I'm anxious like everyone else to get my blocks but I can wait a few more weeks!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Fri, May 3 2013 10:47 AM

Thanks, Roxana!

I'm going to try to get them done.  I'm not sure if I"ll make it, but I'm going to try.  If not, like you said, a 10 block swap will be ok.

And I will make sure that I send back the extras to the person that made them so everyone will still get 12 blocks back (or 24 for the couple that doubled up.)

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Fri, May 3 2013 10:59 AM

I'm so sorry I mailed my dSilver blocks to myself :-! I'm sorry! They are remained today.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Fri, May 3 2013 11:16 AM

Rhonnie:

I'm so sorry I mailed my dSilver blocks to myself :-! I'm sorry! They are remained today.

LOL!  That's not how the swap is supposed to work, Rhonnie...you are supposed to share your creations.  :)  Don't feel bad...I forgot to send my return envelope on one swap, and still can't remember to ever get the money in the mail to her, either.  Darn it!!!  I am going to grab an envelope right now and get it out to her.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Fri, May 3 2013 11:16 AM

Susie:

Thanks, Roxana!

I'm going to try to get them done.  I'm not sure if I"ll make it, but I'm going to try.  If not, like you said, a 10 block swap will be ok.

And I will make sure that I send back the extras to the person that made them so everyone will still get 12 blocks back (or 24 for the couple that doubled up.)

What colors did Thistle have? Can I send you fabric from my stash if I have it?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,035

Hi Susie,

I sent my blocks to you. They should arrive on Monday. I will PM you the tracking number. I'm sorry I'm so late. I can't wait to see the other blocks.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sat, May 4 2013 8:19 AM

Susie... 

I'm shocked that's the worse of it. But I was so excited when I heard I had package since I'm in Kentucky. I told my daughter open and send me pics.....she did. I was having a bad day and felling rough pain levels right at intolerable.....I don't understand since I been moving and packing my grandmas house up LOL. I had just paused to have a mt dew, I opened text as I had a drink which spewed out when all I seen was my block I had just mailed. Of course kid being her blonde self that day said so you swaped you gray blocks with people who found your exact fabric how neat is that....not very those are my blocks :-( 

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Wed, May 8 2013 8:49 AM

I have all but thistle's.  I ran out of black, so I need to get to the fabric store so I can finish up my blocks.  It's really tough having 3 drivers with very different schedules and only 2 cars!  I always seem to be the one that gets left, and I'm paying the insurance!  How does that happen?

My plan is to have them finished & all sorted and shipped by Saturday, or Monday at the latest.

I'm sorry I'm the one holding everything up...all my best intentions sure went out the window on this swap.  I'm so sorry to make you all wait on me!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,035

Susie:
I'm sorry I'm the one holding everything up...all my best intentions sure went out the window on this swap.  I'm so sorry to make you all wait on me!

Oh Susie, absolutely no worries. Please don't worry about it. I'm just thankful that you stepped in and hosted this great swap. Thank you so much.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Wed, May 8 2013 9:51 AM

Melissa Halpain:

Susie:

Oh Susie, absolutely no worries. Please don't worry about it. I'm just thankful that you stepped in and hosted this great swap. Thank you so much.

Susie, I agree with Melissa. No worries at all!! You've done a great job hosting the swap and we are all grateful. Relax! Thanks again. I'll be surprised when I get mine and I have so many projects on my plate right now, I won't be putting them into a quilt immediately anyway. Have a great day!

Oh... and I understand that car situation all too well! These days will pass too.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 8:03 AM

WOOHOO!!!!  The blocks are done and going out in today's mail!  WOOHOO!!!

Mine are just going to sit for a little bit...probably until my June retreat.  I have a plan for mine (not gonna share) but need to make about 4 more blocks.  I'm excited to get it done, but have to put my focus into more pressing items first (like the RR and a couple that need bindings so they can be delivered.)

Thanks so much for such a fun swap, and for the little treats.  They were truly a surprise and I love them!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Tue, May 14 2013 10:27 AM

Hey Ladies!  Your packages should be arriving any day now...I can't wait to hear what you think of the blocks!  And see what you do with them.

In response to those who have asked if I will host another swap, the answer is yes...but not until fall.  I'm just too busy right now to do another one.  And I much prefer the block swaps to fabric swaps.  So, I will start thinking about what I would like to do next and will post it in the general swap area to see what kind of interest there is. 

Thanks so much for playing along with me on my color box swap!  I really can't wait until I can get mine put together!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Wed, May 15 2013 9:20 AM

Thistle--your package was returned to me.  I have to put it in a different package--it's over 13 ounces, and the Post Office won't accept it with the stamps you put on it.

I'll try to get to the Post Office tomorrow to see what they can do for me.  Just wanted you to know that yours will be delayed.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Fri, May 17 2013 10:09 AM

Amber/Carol--Your package was returned to me yesterday.  Same issue--I can't mail it with stamps unless I actually hand deliver it to a clerk at the post office.

I'm hoping to get to the post office this afternoon to resend yours and thistle's blocks.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Fri, May 17 2013 11:04 AM

I received my blocks yesterday. Thanks again, Susie, for hosting the swap. Let me know when you do another one. This was fun!

Page 7 of 8 (115 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use